Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Recreated Post] Aeon [EU+NA] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: [Recreated Post] Aeon [EU+NA] (/showthread.php?tid=6868)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Aeon [EU+NA] - Bryn - 04-07-2014

[Image: AeonTextV1Sig2.png]

What is Aeon?

The story of Aeon is an original concept set within the lore of FFXIV's world, Hydaelyn.

Eras ago, a powerful aetherial weapon was shattered into countless pieces by a band of heroes. To prevent it from ever being remade and wielded, a spell was cast over the shards of the weapon; each would travel through the aether to find sanctuary within the body of a soul who would act as its host and guardian until their dying day.

Those who bear a shard develop a distinctive runic mark on their skin, and as such have come to be known in certain esoteric circles as the Branded. These marks forge a unique connection between the Branded, gifting them with the ability to ‘see’ each other over vast distances, and share thoughts and experiences over their telepathic Link.

The existence of the Branded is not a complete secret, however. There are many who would seek to collect the shards and take their power for their own.

The Branded must find and ally with one another, and swiftly; for there are hunters closing in from the shadows...

Why Join Aeon?

Aeon is a Free Company created and led by a team possessing over a decade of role-playing guild leadership between them. It offers:

• An original back story with unique lore, which is congruent with the lore established within the official setting of FFXIV: ARR.

• A sweeping, engaging FC storyline which is forged and shaped organically by each of our members.

• Diversity; Aeon seeks to actively recruit rarer race/gender-type characters, and those with unique and interesting back stories and personalities.

• High-quality RP; Aeon recruits to a very high standard, seeking proactive, experienced and talented role-players to add to and improve our roleplay.

• Community; Aeon recruits only a small number of people in each recruitment period, and does not recruit again until those new people are settled. In this way, we endeavor to keep our FC small and tightly-knit, to foster a feeling of closeness and involvement for all of our members. We do not tolerate OOC prejudice, discrimination or hate speech toward any group of people. We accept every race and gender of Earth people, and we are LGBTQ friendly!

• Regular events which offer character interaction and development, and the opportunity to forge and develop inter-character relationships.

• Events set at times appropriate to both North Americans and Europeans.

• A friendly, supportive and open RP environment.

• A zero-OOC drama policy.

• A fully in-character FC channel, and an out-of-character channel for chatter.

• Free company housing.

Recruitment Status

CLOSED

For information on applying to Aeon FC, please check out this thread on our forums.

To learn more about us and to apply, please visit us at our site, or send a /tell in-game to: Aurour Mhirata.

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Magellan - 04-07-2014

Lol'd at the no Miqo's policy xD

Good luck! I've rp'd with a few of you and you were always a lot of fun!

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Aysun - 04-07-2014

I've always wondered what the reaction would be if someone decided to discriminate OOCly against Miqo'te players joining their LS. It's always been something I've heard joked about but not done, because I think there are most definitely quality characters and RPers that would be excluded. What an interesting topic for discussion this could be. I won't clog your thread with it though! Knowing a new member who joined you guys recently is a Miqo'te, she must have just snuck in before you decided to say no more, haha. Good luck!

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Sophia_Grave - 04-07-2014

Looks very interesting! I've seen or RP'd with a few of you guys I think. If you guys ever need a villain, we should talk.

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Tiergan - 04-07-2014

We don't plan to have a block on miqo'te players forever, Aysun. As you said, there are a ton of awesome, high-quality folks we'd be missing out on if we did. It's just a temporary hold until the numbers even out a bit more.

I hope this is not seen as a slam on miqo'te RPers in any way. (Otherwise that would be sort of awkward for me. <.<) People can obviously be amazing roleplayers no matter what race they choose for their character.

As it stands, however, roughly half the FC is miqo'te. While everyone has wildly different backstories and are each unique characters - we want to foster as much diversity as possible in more than just the history of our characters because it can really fuel great RP in fantastic and unique ways.

We will be updating our website and this FC entry in the future when miqo'te recruitment is re-opened.

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Eliane Dufresne - 04-11-2014

Aeon is now the proud owner of a medium FC house in the Goblet! This is all thanks to the work of our incredible members, who came together in so short a time and really busted ass to make this a reality. Given how young the FC still is, this is one hell of an achievement, and really speaks of the strength of our community. Time to decorate and celebrate! <3

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Tiergan - 04-14-2014

Aeon is currently seeking one more EU-based RPer to join our ranks before we temporarily halt recruitment in order to ensure that all of our newest members have a chance to properly meld and be a part of the rest of the Free Company.

We are also putting the last finishing touches on our new home. o/

[Image: tumblr_n40jyu9OTe1qakgddo1_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_n40jyu9OTe1qakgddo4_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_n40jyu9OTe1qakgddo7_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_n40jyu9OTe1qakgddo3_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_n40jyu9OTe1qakgddo5_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_n40jyu9OTe1qakgddo6_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_n40jyu9OTe1qakgddo2_1280.png]

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Bryn - 06-04-2014

Updated 4th June: Recruitment is open in time for the launch of the first season of our main story arc!

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Roen - 06-04-2014

Good luck to you all! The story premise sounds fascinating, and I know Brynhilde is awesome! (probably the rest of you too... she's the only one I know)

If I already had no FC to call home and was in non-NA time zone, I'd be knocking on the door with an application.

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Tiergan - 06-07-2014

Hello folks!

Just to clarify, we are not only accepting EU members (and folks awake during EU prime-time) -- they are simply what we're hoping for most to balance out our current ratio of EU/NA. o/

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Ilwe'ran - 06-14-2014

Looking at this message and finding it interesting, thought it feels like a FC recruitment and not a LS. So.. Is it a LS or a FC recruitment ?
So if we want to join your LS.. We are forced to quit our FC ?

About the Miqo'te policy, one loled about it, you're saying that you're hoping that Miqo'te players won't feel it like a slam, but after more than two months and still the same policy (which I find strange, maybe because I am playing a Miqo'te) I think they would begin to lose interest.
So Miqo'te aren't allowed to join the LS ? Or maybe it's the FC ?

I would have been interested as a EU player but I don't want to leave my FC.. And I'm playing a Miqo'te.. So I'm unsure what option is left for someone like me.

I'm sorry for all those maybe weirds questions, I feel a bit confused Smile .

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Tiergan - 06-15-2014

Hey Ilwe'ran,

Aeon is a Free Company with a linkshell for OOC chatter.

The hold on miqo'te recruitment isn't because we dislike miqo'te RPers, but simply because miqo'te make up a very large majority of our active members. Enough of our members have expressed a desire for increased diversity that we feel it's important to wait until the numbers have balanced out more before opening recruitment to miqo'te again.

We know that this unfortunately makes a lot of really solid RPers unhappy, and we're sorry if this inconveniences folks. Again, this is not meant as a slam on anyone, the simple fact is - we just have way too many cats right now.

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Tiergan - 06-19-2014

Applications for those playing in North American time zones closes at midnight (EST) on Monday the 23rd of June. Thank you.

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Bryn - 06-20-2014

A very warm welcome to our newest Branded, Lalavi Nanavi, Zazaraka Chacharaka, Tender Heart and Granis Klensbane!

North American players have until the Monday deadline to submit their apps. Applications will remain open indefinitely for those who play during European times!

RE: Aeon [NA/EU] - Tiergan - 06-24-2014

Alas, NA recruitment is now temporarily closed. (Unless you play during EU prime times.)

Thanks for your interest! o/