Hydaelyn Role-Players
Itarliht Syhrkoensyn - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Itarliht Syhrkoensyn (/showthread.php?tid=6872)

Itarliht Syhrkoensyn - Koninbeor - 04-07-2014

I. Basic Info

• Characters: Itarliht Syhrkoensyn, Mikael Dragonsbane (inactive), and Kikiziti Qiqiziti, III (NPC)
  • Primary character: Itarliht Syhrkoensyn
  • Linkshells: Night Blades, Soliloquy, Broken Chairs, and Intermission
  • Primary RP linkshell: Night Blades

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    I enjoy a heavy RP environment when I'm with people who are in to that style of play, but I've very flexible. I will engage in light RP from time to time as I do find light RP preferable to no RP at all. I have no problem engaging in OOC conversation whether that be to clarify something in RP or simply a friendly chat. As you can see, I am in more than one OOC LS. This is a game to me, not a job. I find it's best not to take it too seriously.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I love combat RP. I've engaged in combat RP with several people with Mikael. I enjoy a good fight and will go so far as to give my character a handicap in order to make things even when encountering a character who has inferior combat skills. While I have not had an opportunity to use Itarliht in combat with another player, Mikael has been known to go so far as to completely shed his armor in order to even the playing field.

Any injuries given to a character should always be chosen by the player of that character, not by the player of the opposing character. I do not believe in injuries that will have a permanent and drastic effect on a character, like the loss of limbs, unless a player specifically asks for something of that nature to transpire. Combat should always enhance the RP experience and help the relationship of two characters grow (whether that be friendship or rivalry) rather than causing RP to come to a sudden halt. Again, this is a game. Combat should be fun.

• Views on IC romance:
    I'm fine with IC romance but I must feel comfortable with the other player and we must both agree that the romance will enhance the RP between our characters. Note that I said that the romance should enhance the RP and not become the RP. If I engage in an IC romance with someone and that becomes the only interaction that our characters have, I will burn out and things will not end well for the romance. I will not engage in male/male romance. Please understand that I have nothing against you if this is your thing, it simply isn't mine.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    This area is a little unclear for me as I consider anything that isn't romantic to be non-romantic... As far as family ties specifically, I very seldom create a character who has this option open. I've had absolutely no success at all in making characters who are related. Having things in common, knowing the same people, and things of that sort are fine. Itarliht has no living relatives who know him, and actually has no one who even has a chance of knowing him from his past. If you want to be involved in his story, and I welcome anyone to be a part of his story, then you will need to forge a relationship with him through RP.

• Views on lore:
    Lore is king. If you ever see me do something that goes against lore then you can safely assume that don't have an understanding that I'm doing so. Breaking lore breaks immersion for me. If breaking lore is your thing then we likely won't be RPing much together. I have nothing against those who break lore and encourage them to have their own fun; I just can't get into that kind of RP and choose not to be a part of it.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    /say is always IC. LS chat is up to the LS. If it's an IC LS then LS chat is IC. If it's an OOC LS then LS chat is OOC. Simple as that. I do tend to treat whispers as OOC unless it's agreed that the conversation is happening by proxy through a pearl or if an IC action is taken to specify that one character is whispering to another. Otherwise, whispers tend to be the best way to keep up OOC communication with other players during RP to ensure that things continue to go smoothly.

III. Other Info
  • Timezone: Central (GMT -6)
  • Contact info: If you need my contact info then feel free to ask for it. I won't openly post it on the forum but I won't bite your head off if you need to reach me, either.

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

RE: Itarliht Syhrkoensyn - Koninbeor - 04-07-2014

Reserved.