Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Scorched Earth- Antagonists [Gilgamesh] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Scorched Earth- Antagonists [Gilgamesh] (/showthread.php?tid=6914)

The Scorched Earth- Antagonists [Gilgamesh] - Xifang - 04-12-2014

In Character:

WHO ARE WE?

We are the unwavering weapon of destructive revolution. We are your brothers, sisters, uncles and aunts. We are your parents, grand-parents, neighbors and children. We are your enemy. We are the first brutal cut of necessary operation. We are the last, shaking, croaking death rattle of a planet in transcendence. We are the boot that treads hard and mercilessly upon a sick world in desperate need of change. We ARE the change. We are neither alive nor dead; we are ghosts of the past come to do what those before us were too weak to accomplish. We do not fear the burning of the world; we pray before the altar of new life reborn from the ashes. For a phoenix does not bring life; it merely scorches the earth.

We are The Scorched Earth. 

And our number is growing. Will you join us?

Ok, but really, what is that?...

The Scorched Earth is an RP antagonistic group being formed on the Gilgamesh server. The entire goal of this group is to generate RP plot lines and antagonists for various interested free companies and linkshells on the server. My goal is to fill this future company with alt-characters from other free companies on Gilgamesh in order to behave has bad guys to generate RP. I have a very specific goal in mind here, but I don't want to go into that unless this here generates interest.

So here are some general things that I want membership into The Scorched Earth to entail:

1) We are going to lose. This is a big one to me. Very important. The player of a Scorched Earth member needs to realize that their character is there to go down, not to win, but that failure can and should be fun/interesting RP. Of course there can be “Aha!” and “Gotcha!” moments along the way, but the Scorched Earth is, by default, the bad guy, not the hero. That's why it's a good idea to use alts and not mains since, you know, you might get killed and that'd be sad for main character RP.

2) Secrecy. This is so very important. It will be incredibly disappointing if secrets aren’t kept and plot points are uncovered and destroyed too quickly and carelessly in RP. We all need to work TOGETHER on plot points and revelations so that none of us spoil it for anyone else or accidentally change important parts of the organization without talking it over first.

3)     We are NPCs. There is room for really cool things to happen here. Your character might become attached to a hero character and have a change of heart. You might be a good person who goes bad. You might have amazingly cool motives for the things you do! I'm 100% for all of that! But there's also a chance that a good guy character is going to beat you up and throw you in a river. We're sort of acting as Storytellers/Dungeon Masters in this capacity- generating a story that other free companies and PCs will want to interact with. We can't be more important than the characters trying to stop us. 

4) If Your Main Is Researching Us/Trying to Stop Us please don't make an alt for The Scorched Earth. You'd be RPing with yourself, primarily then, because you'll already know all our plans and what not. It won't make you look smart; it will just be an irritant to those who didn't put an alt in the organization and wanted to learn things more organically.

4) Have a blast! Scheme! Plot! Generate some RP through the things that you do!

5) There are greater specifics than those I put here, but, again… Secrecy! If you agree that the other points sound fun and doable, message me here and I will tell you more.

RE: The Scorched Earth- Antagonists [Gilgamesh] - CrimsonMars - 04-12-2014

I was just thinking about making one of my alts the anti-hero. Can Riven Stars be apart of this? I'd like to give it a shot. Tongue

RE: The Scorched Earth- Antagonists [Gilgamesh] - Adolar - 04-13-2014

This is an interesting idea. Big Grin Would love to make an alt for this. Sign me up!

(04-12-2014, 09:11 PM)CrimsonMars Wrote: I was just thinking about making one of my alts the anti-hero. Can Riven Stars be apart of this? I'd like to give it a shot. Tongue

If you're intending to play Riven Stars as more than just an NPC then it may not be a good idea to sign her up for this since the intent is for your character to lose. >_>

Though on a related note, I was thinking of starting up an OOC LS for evil/morally questionable characters that were interested in more than just losing to the good guys. Riven Stars would be welcome to join that one. Thumbsup

RE: The Scorched Earth- Antagonists [Gilgamesh] - CrimsonMars - 04-13-2014

That'd be a good alterative, Varryn.

RE: The Scorched Earth- Antagonists [Gilgamesh] - Nunuza_Nuza - 04-13-2014

This sounds really cool and I'd like to participate, but I'm kinda new to organized groups like this. If you're willing to deal with a bit of stumbling here and there, count me in. (If not, that's fine as well.)

RE: The Scorched Earth- Antagonists [Gilgamesh] - Lizzo - 04-13-2014

I've wanted to make a villain for a long time, and I have - Gioluchi Zaluchi, a Gridanian lalafell (if the name didn't give it away) who was once a lackey to one of the Syndicate members before striking out on his own. Having moved back to Gridania he has started his own family (a Free Company ingame) called Zaluchi Lavender Oil (a play on Genco Pura Olive Oil from the Godfather).

I would love to participate in this in some capacity with this character, though I would not be joining the FC. If there was a LS, I'd be more than happy to join it and have fun planning diabolic 'business' deals.

Let me know Xifang!

(Parker Connor is my main).

RE: The Scorched Earth- Antagonists [Gilgamesh] - Xifang - 05-04-2014

BLARGH! I didn't subscribe to this thread, I guess, so I just sat around like:

; . ; Gee. No one is interested.

OK. WELL. I feel better then! Let's DO this, guys! Big Grin