Hydaelyn Role-Players
Drawing for the Brave - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Drawing for the Brave (/showthread.php?tid=6919)

Pages: 1 2 3

Drawing for the Brave - Eckzein - 04-14-2014

Health had been in a rut for the past year or so but now that I'm feeling better, I'd figure its time to change my user name (from Quetzac) and start drawing again, its a new beginning thing. Anyway, those interested leave a comment in the link. The more resources one gives, the easier it'll be. One crappy reference means lots of artistic liberty.

One day I'll have a nice drawing tablet and will upload videos of the drawing process to youtube. Alas, someday but not today.

Was a slacker in school and never developed a portfolio so now I have a lot of work to do. Anyone brave enough to ask for a drawing will likely get one... "likely". Portrait, full sketch, action-ie thingy, just say so and I'll try to accommodate.

Youtube link: Pending

TY and GL Hf all.

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

*For comparison
Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Vandal Hearts Characters:
Show Content

Show Content

*Escapades onto cross hatching, so messy
Show Content
Studies from the book "Atlas of human anatomy for the artist" by Stephen Rogers Peck:
Show Content
Show Content

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Hyakki - 04-14-2014

I could use a kick in the butt to improve my own skill so show me yours and I'll show you mine (references that is Tongue)

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Eckzein - 04-14-2014

(04-14-2014, 12:42 AM)Xieveral Wrote: I could use a kick in the butt to improve my own skill so show me yours and I'll show you mine (references that is Tongue)
I'm down, working on another character at the moment but I'll try and have yours finished in a couple days. Thnks for the reply. Also... I don't have a Realm Reborn character, was planning on it but stuff came up and now I'm committed to other things.
Show Content

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Eckzein - 04-15-2014

L'yhta Mahre is done (She's uh, doing "Where the wild things are" dance it seems). No boots but will get back to that later. Moving on to the next drawing soon-ish.
Show Content

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Aysun - 04-15-2014

What an awesome style. Like really nice. I love organic, sketchy art. I'm rarely brave enough to ask, but this is me asking! If you feel like drawing another archer catgirl, that is.  X)

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Eckzein - 04-15-2014

(04-15-2014, 12:25 PM)Aysun Wrote: What an awesome style. Like really nice. I love organic, sketchy art. I'm rarely brave enough to ask, but this is me asking! If you feel like drawing another archer catgirl, that is.  X)
Sure, got another drawing on the stack before I get around to it. I'll try not to disappoint.

Show Content

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Eckzein - 04-21-2014

Wanted this one to be funny honestly but as is its moderately successful. I could do more with the acid green highlights in the hair and a smidge more throughout the piece but, I'm satisfied.
Show Content

RE: Drawing for the Brave - FreelanceWizard - 04-21-2014

Oh, wow! I missed this thread before, and I'm terribly humbled you chose to draw my character in your awesome style. Blush Thank you so much!

The funny thing is, I think I've described her doing a similar dance in RP before when she, ah, had imbibed a bit too much... Tongue

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Nykkus Trachspyr - 04-21-2014

This seems like a perfect style for a Fem Roe. It earnestly reminds me of some of Amano's work, especially on more muscular characters. I'd be very curious to see what Nykkus looked like.

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Hyakki - 04-21-2014

(04-21-2014, 10:51 AM)Nykkus Trachspyr Wrote: It earnestly reminds me of some of Amano's work, especially on more muscular characters.

I second this. I absolutely love how you drew Alves and I'm excited to see what else you do for others!

How long have you been drawing for?

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Eckzein - 04-21-2014

Thanks everyone. I got another drawing to get to but I'd be more than happy to try and draw a female Roe, if you'd like it to be of Nykkas I'd humbly request just three reference shots in the armor you'd like to see them in; a frontal, 3/4 frontal and a back view.

As for how long I've been drawing and stuff, I went to community college for 5 years taking art classes like drawing, art history, and design. It wasn't till my 5th year that some of the 1st year students started liking the work I was producing. Till then I'd always consider myself something of an embarrassment.

Edit: Prolly will rework the head and the hair, possibly the whole thing, we'll see.
Show Content
Edit: Gonna take this one a little slower
Show Content

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Aysun - 04-21-2014

(04-21-2014, 04:49 PM)Eckzein Wrote: Thanks everyone. I got another drawing to get to but I'd be more than happy to try and draw a female Roe, if you'd like it to be of Nykkas I'd humbly request just three reference shots in the armor you'd like to see them in; a frontal, 3/4 frontal and a back view. 

Do let me know if you need refs from me. What with the wiki and such I never know. Smile

5 years.. I wish I could devote myself to something like that and get better. But I devoted my 5 years to science. ;-; Now I'm crippled creatively!

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Nykkus Trachspyr - 04-22-2014

Thanks for the reply Eck! That has me excited. I sent you a PM with a link to some SS's. Let me know what you think.

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Eckzein - 04-25-2014

Show Content

More work could be done but, its done. Moving onto a couple of portraits, and than a full body pic and than likely taking a break ARR pics for a bit. Thinking Demon Souls inspired sketches and a couple of environment pieces, maybe some monsters. Still, if any one is interested in a drawing, feel free to leave a post and pm some reference pics, it won't be priority but I'll get around to it sometime.

Edit: I have a soft spot for a good villain, but considering its not the most flattering piece, will likely do a portrait of Aysun as practice for the other portrait I have in mind.

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Aysun - 04-26-2014

Daw so sketchy and dynamic and I love it! Thankieee. Big Grin (And I totally don't mind being an experiment. Ahah, who would?)

Keep up the awesome!