Hydaelyn Role-Players
Drawing for the Brave - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Drawing for the Brave (/showthread.php?tid=6919)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Eckzein - 04-27-2014

Your welcome. And this... cause I wanted to. I'm happy with it, even though I loathe that hair. If I put pupils in, or had colored those eyes, we would never escape those eyes and I worked too hard on everything else for it to just be about her eyes...>,>

Show Content

Edit: Fixed a slight problem with the hair ;p and than another, not fixing it anymore lol

*Next piece will take a while. Personally thinking of going with a very long frame emphasizing the motion/torque of the swing. The emphasis is on action so I might not get proper representation of the characters involved.
Show Content

What I should do, but am not going to ;p is combine both the ideas and make it something of a comic. That way you see the wind up, and the aftermath and your brain will fill in the in between.... not right now though, much much later.

Edit: Got the leg work done on the next drawing, will have something to show in a couple of days me thinks. Unfortunately got no printer to scan in the image, than again what's there is pretty sloppy Wink

Show Content
*Its not about the hands (god I feel like such a slacker >,>)
*That Miquote is gonna have a tail, I just really like that assHeart

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Nykkus Trachspyr - 04-28-2014

I love it, thank you so much! A take on Ny I would never have thought of, and now I can see her touching up the war paint/tattoos before battle just like this.

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Hyakki - 05-05-2014

I was going to ask how your other drawings were coming along but I see you updated yesterday!

I look forward to seeing how Roe V Miq turns out!

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Aysun - 05-05-2014

I looove that portrait!

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Eckzein - 05-06-2014

Thanks everyone ^ ^
I tend to edit previous posts because I don't want to draw attention to the thread until I have something to show, so ya know, I hope I don't come off as ungrateful or cold, I do appreciate the comments.

As for the current project, it should be done by this Saturday, so long as those armors don't confound me.

After that, one more drawing of a FF14 character before moving onto other game characters and things. I'll still draw ARR characters, just off again on again.

Vandal Hearts: Eleni, Sara, Dolf, Zohar
Fire Emblem: Black knight, ???
Demon Souls: Armors, environments, ???
Legend of Mana: *Reproductions of portraits and the like, I'd like to emulate the storybook style one day.

^ ^

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Nykkus Trachspyr - 05-06-2014

I'm excited to see how this turns out, it looks great so far.

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Eckzein - 05-10-2014

Ugh, its not done. My trouble came from the Roe face as the armor covers so much of it up. I plan on working on it a bit throughout the next month or two. Other than that, I feel its relatively successful, still a few things that I might fix/change but...?
Show Content
*Edit: A FB friend said it reminded them of a political cartoon, I can see that.

I have one more ARR character on the stack, but that'll happen when it happens. Am doing drawings from different games, will still post them in this thread, just won't update until I have ARR drawing ready.
Ty ^ ^

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Sounsyy - 05-11-2014

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Oh my this is so amazing! I love it!

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Nykkus Trachspyr - 05-12-2014

Hah this is great. You sir are amazing keep it up!

RE: Drawing for the Brave - TheBlob - 05-13-2014

I just have to pop in here and tell you how much I adore your art style. I can't get over how organic it feels and how much movement you incorporate into your lines!

Brilliant!

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Eckzein - 05-13-2014

Thanks ^ ^
Edit: I'm pretty messy and lazy when I first start the drawing. I rarely get by with only one underdrawing, it usually takes me 3-4 attempts at the pose before I get something proportional, and spatially acceptable. As for my lines, (sketch app helps) I actually end up erasing to get them. My drawing tablet is rather clunky and these simple drawings can be pretty big time sinks. The latest 'Sounsyy Mirke' took something like 10-11 hours. 4 of those were just for the underdrawing as I kept tweaking and redrawing the thing. I'm fairly proud of it cause the proportions are mostly there along with the slight twists of form and spatial believability, all that and the semi foreshortened forearm.

I use a trial version of an art program and the thing compresses my layers when I exit. I sorta made a mistake while erasing so this is the final product, fer now.
Show Content
She could use a beer, or a cold glass of milk.

Edit: I'll be taking a brief hiatus to focus on drawing related studies.

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Parth Makeo - 05-18-2014

You still need any practice characters? I could let you use my Arala with a more casual wear of clothes instead. Unless you want to draw that armor on her Tongue

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Eckzein - 05-18-2014

(05-18-2014, 11:10 AM)Parth Makeo Wrote: You still need any practice characters? I could let you use my Arala with a more casual wear of clothes instead. Unless you want to draw that armor on her Tongue
Sure, send a Pm with a couple of reference shots. And if you have any ideas for the pose let me know too. Hopefully will be done in a week or two ',..,'

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Austratus - 05-18-2014

Hmm, might have to grab a couple of refs for ye, too.

RE: Drawing for the Brave - Eckzein - 05-21-2014

Show Content

I plan on trying my hand at crosshatching. If not than I'll go back to the old way. Anyway, took me about a whole days worth of work just to refine drawing ( I blame my tablet). >,<

Not terribly fond of how I drew that hair but I'll live with it.
Edit: I need to redraw her lower leg, the clothes aren't matching up with the knee -.-