Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello, Obsidian is here - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello, Obsidian is here (/showthread.php?tid=6954)

Hello, Obsidian is here - Jay Obsidian - 04-17-2014

Hello all, my names i Jay Obsidian.  It's been a long time sense I've done an intro on a forum so I hope I hit all the right points.

MMO Background - 
     The last MMO I really played was around ten years ago with one called Runescape.  It wasn't much of an experience because even in games I was still an introvert so I played it like a single player game.  I play a bit more like an MMO sense FF XIV does foster that, and I've been on sense last December.

RP Experience - 
     Back in high school I started writing stories with a large cast of characters in a world I created.  To help with development I joined a forum based around rping which I took part in on a daily bases.  It has been a couple of years sense than but I still write so I'm no stranger to writing while in someone else's shoes.

Character Ideas/Info - 

Names: Sayer Chase
Server: Balmung
Race:   Elezen
Clan:    Duskwight
Class:   Lancer/Dragoon

As I mentioned before, I built my world for my characters.  The reason for that is I've always had trouble making characters in worlds that already exist such as the one in FF XIV out of fear of stepping on toes in a sense.  I am currently working the main plot in the game still so I haven't really started rping with others yet.  While I'm working towards the endgame, I keep bouncing back and forth between a simpler character or trying to translate a character from my old stories.  To anyone reading this I'd love an opinion on this and how to do it as I'm not sure how it would work in the sense of lore.  The character was cursed from birth as the prison/vessel of two twin beings, self proclaimed gods, and when they got strong enough they started asserting dominance over his body with both psychical and mental control.  While in control either one gives their appearance onto his body, so he looks different depending on which one is in the hot seat.  That might not be a great explanation but if anyone thinks this could work let me know others wise I'll probably change it to something simpler.

Found the Coalition? - 
     I decided to search up FF XIV rping after my free trail ended.  Originally I wasn't going to play much more right away but my friend talked a lot about rping in his own MMO that I wanted to give it a try pushing for the end game to start.  This eventually lead me to Google it and wound up here.

Type of Rper - 
     I'm looking towards being a medium rper with times of more heavy if I can really get into the character mentioned above or any other I might create.  Yet at the moment I'm still working on the lore of the game as well as the character idea itself so I'm being more light until than.

Real Life -
     As said, I keep a hobby of writing.  I also play many other video games, usually single player rpgs such as Tales of Symphonia and FF X/X-2.  Between all that I am a college student with a part-time job and looking for something more so I can move to a new place.  At the very least I try to get on once a day to go through the daily roulette.

Thank you all for reading and I hope to make some friends on here as well as joing a free company of rpers.