Hydaelyn Role-Players
Aria Surin - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Aria Surin (/showthread.php?tid=6965)

Aria Surin - Juromaro - 04-19-2014

I. Basic Info
  • Characters:Aria Surin, Juro Maro
  • Primary character:Aria Surin
  • Linkshells:None at the moment
  • Primary RP linkshell:None at the moment
II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Casual to Medium depending on my mood. I'm more of an observer roleplayer. I'll jump in if the situation calls for it but mostly I like to sit back and observe. Not an extremly gifted roleplayer like most I observe and sometimes my character backstories are pretty dark which tends to upset people i guess.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I'm okay with RP combat and injuries if the game mechanics support it. I.E: if world pvp is a mechanic or duels are an available option. In the terms of Forum RP I'm all for combat, injuries and even death as long as it doesn't tie into the character in the game(would be a little odd if I died in the forum RP but my character is seen walking around Ul'dah)

• Views on IC romance:
    I love a good romance. My wife and I met on FFXI and met in person 7 years ago. I like having game romance stories but since I tend to gravitate towards Female characters my characters either have to be lesbian or "taken" by one of my other characters. I tried the whole "pretend I'm a girl playing a girl" thing for awhile and after a few years I felt like I was betraying my friends by lying to them so now I let people know up front that I'm a male with a female character. Which tends to not lead to any in game romances with female characters(I do however tend to get alot of male "friends" until they find out I'm a male >.>Wink

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Aria doesn't have any family to speak of since I haven't quite worked out her story yet, but Juro Maro is married to Athia Maro and their story goes back into FFXI, still trying to figure out how I can work it to where we started on Vana'diel and ended up on Eorzea though I doubt that possible. So in other words I love non-romantic RP as well.

• Views on lore:
    I think if a game has established Lore it's better to follow that lore when creating a story but it's okay to deviate as long as it's not widly un-realistic...I.E: A Jedi ending up in Eorzea through Sith Alchemy.....but I'm okay with a little Lore deviation like a person being from XI and taking a World Porter and winding up on Eorzea....or something like that. I'm not to knowledgible on XIV's story and Lore.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    /say is IC unless (( is used.
    /party is OOC unless specified
    /shout is OOC as I find it impossible to hear someone yelling in Ul'dah while I'm on the other side of the map.
    /linkshell is whatever the linkshell is be it OOC, RP or what have you.
    /fc is OOC unless specified by pertaining free company
III. Other Info
  • Timezone:Central US
  • Contact info:Aria Surin gilgamesh server

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

(Look for things to come in the future?)

RE: Aria Surin - Ruinfeild - 05-12-2014

Welcome to Gilgamesh! As always, if you are looking for a Linkshell or two for RP reasons(A bit of OOC as well), contact me in-game to see what we can get started. Perhaps we can even Rp together at some point to get you broken in.