Hydaelyn Role-Players
Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction (/showthread.php?tid=6978)

Pages: 1 2 3

Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction - Elisea Renyven - 04-21-2014

Vylbrand Academy Presents:

First Annual Spring Masquerade Ball and Date Auction

Spring is in the air at Vylbrand Academy! It's a time for a new beginning of life and celebration. We cordially invite you to come join us for the festivities! It will take place May 3rd at the 16th Bell. (4pm CST, 5pm EST) at the Vylbrand Academy Ward 3, Plot 2 of the Mists!

How the Masquerade Ball will be arranged will start with folks coming to the area and joining our Linkshell "Masquerade Ball" to help folks maintain communication and coordination. They will be greeted at the door by security and then announced provided we have an announcer at the door. Once inside feel free to mingle or come to the bar and lounge area.. All dancing will take place in the lobby area. In addition, icily there will be blankets placed out in the grass for folks also to sit on and a few benches. During the first 30 minutes of the gathering, you will get the honor of meeting each date being auctioned off as they will be dressed and masked anonymously. After roughly 30 minutes, possibly a little longer of mingling, we will begin hosting the date auction portion of the event. All proceeds will go towards the FC House. After each date has been successfully bought, we will proceed with the Ball itself, in which will carry on for some time until everyone tires. (Probably around 10pm EST)

Afterwards, if those of the Auction wish to continue with their date. That is strictly up to them or schedule a time for it. Here is the list of our current date candidates.

[Image: ffxiv_04132014_184029.png]
Lady Dusky Sky

Lady Dusky Sky is a native of Limsa that enjoys sailing, walks along the ocean shore. Little is known about her as she only appears once every spring to enjoy the new season of life. If you win this date, she prefers to walk along the ocean area but is open to other places to see. Don't worry, she's always open to meeting new folks!

[Image: Haii_Mask_Blowkiss.jpg]

Totally Not Haii Hai

This young Lalafell lass is the masked crusader who sweeps in where trouble abounds and saves the day. Villains know her calling card - three slashes made with a quick flick of her sword into whatever clothing or tapestry is nearby, forming an 'H'. She is a fan of all seasons, and brings justice to each without bias. Totally Not Haii Hai is also a fan of acorn cookies and high places, and is ever eager to lend a helping hand.

[Image: ffxiv_04132014_183144.png]

Winter's Day

Miss Winter's Day is a native of The Black Shroud and she enjoys the nice and quiet sounds of the forest. Though these days she can be found around Limsa, most particularly around Anchor Yard, drawing and listening to the ocean. She prefers watching sunsets over the horizon and taking walks along the boardwalk of Costa del Sol. She's very nervous, yet happy to meet someone new.

[Image: ffxiv_04172014_024056.jpg]

Desert Rose

Though hailing from the jewel of the desert, this thief is often a wanderer who enjoys high places, Seeking the comfort of beautiful vistas and the calming cool wind on his face, or tending to many animals he keeps around. Armed with a quick wit and Deadly charm, this thief is set out to find someone soon, and perhaps steal a heart or two.

[Image: 1e1fms.jpg]

The Golden Lotus

A timeless beauty hailing from the Black Shroud, the Golden Lotus is a wise scholar who has a fondness for flowers and animals. He's (yes, he's male) a practitioner of the healing arts as well a follower of the goddess Nophica. Sincerely believing in the flow of peace and harmony, this mild-mannered scholar is perfect for all those seeking a charming companion.

[Image: ffxiv_04182014_160757S.png]

Lady Iron Citrine

Carefree and playful, Lady Iron Citrine recently came to in the deserts of Thanalan and took an immediate liking to the rough lifestyle of questing and training that comes with being an adventurer. Not likely to take too many things seriously, she would be best paired with someone of a similar nature, or perhaps with a bit of a wild streak.

[Image: 255lxu0.jpg]

The Librarian

I like books smart people and manners!

[Image: ffxiv_04182014_212522.png]

Vervain

Coming all the way from the shadowy forest of the Black Shroud comes Vervain. This lad enjoys the nighttime, walks in the forests and beach and going where the wind takes him. Now in Limsa, you can find him around the upper decks enjoying the view of the moonlight at night. He is very friendly person and charming. Maybe you can snag his heart before the wind carries him somewhere else.

[Image: ffxiv_04132014_184638.png]

Sir Red Shirt

Enjoys the cold and walks in the snow or sitting around the beach near the water. Enjoys drawing and would be more then happy to draw who ever his date is.

[Image: ffxiv_04192014_083753.png]

Calm Before the Storm

Hailing from Limsa, Calm Before the Storm can often be seen around the shores of La Noesca. Often told that he is blunt and honest, you at least know where you will stand with him. Quick to help his friends, he can often be seen in the company of students and staff of the Academy.

[Image: NnRQcWm.jpg]

Armor Clad

Not subtle in the slightest aspect in the word, not even bothering to change her normal armor. Why she is even doing something like this is beyond anyone's guess. Quick to temper and prone to outbursts of violence and streams of insults, not exactly good date material.

[Image: MarinaDate_zpsb201e737.png]

Lady Grey

It is hard to tell much about this one from her appearance alone, nor do any words she speaks give you more than the vaguest hint of her past. Six tattoos are easily seen down her spine marking each of the elements with fire at the base of her neck, and water at the small of her back. No one knows where she hails from, maybe you can find out?

We may have more late candidates but it doesn't matter. Come bring a date! Bring several and check out our fabulous mysterious candidates. Yes, you must wear a mask!

RE: Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction - Rinh Hallani - 04-22-2014

Ooh this looks like fun, and at a reasonable hour for my time zone! Marking it down in my calender. ^^

RE: Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction - MrPoopyButtHole - 04-22-2014

Very exciting! I CANNOT WAIT! Bouncy

RE: Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction - Avalt Laguz - 04-23-2014

(04-22-2014, 10:55 AM)Rinh Hallani Wrote: Ooh this looks like fun, and at a reasonable hour for my time zone! Marking it down in my calender. ^^

Wear the "romantic" set Blush

RE: Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction - Rinh Hallani - 04-23-2014

(04-23-2014, 07:29 AM)Avalt Laguz Wrote: Wear the "romantic" set Blush

I have no idea what you're talking about. >.>;

RE: Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction - Avalt Laguz - 04-23-2014

(04-23-2014, 07:35 AM)Rinh Hallani Wrote:
(04-23-2014, 07:29 AM)Avalt Laguz Wrote: Wear the "romantic" set Blush

I have no idea what you're talking about. >.>;

Of course you don't, and Michael Jackson had a skin condition <.<;

RE: Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction - xelliexell - 04-23-2014

Looking forward to it! Moogle

RE: Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction - Clover - 04-23-2014

The time is very nice! Since it'll be on Saturday, I might be able to attend this event *excited*. Thank you for organizing it, it sounds like a lot of fun.

RE: Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction - xelliexell - 04-23-2014

I'm glad to hear that some of our EU friends can make it. USH usually tries to make our large, public events accessable to those overseas as well. ^^;

RE: Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction - Stormsrage00 - 04-23-2014

Dang, I'm afraid I'll be out of town that weekend ;n;

I'm sorry I won't be there. Though I hope you all have a blast!

RE: Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction - Sini'to Shadar - 04-23-2014

Woo! How mysterious... I'm totally gonna check this out!

RE: Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction - Ryse - 04-30-2014

Very interesting, I have a couple questions since I need to make a way for Saikha'to to show up but get in unintentionally. Would there have been invitations, and if so were they specifically to individuals or were they more general hand outs? If that's the case I could have him find one, maybe even with a case of mistaken identity if the invitation was to someone specific. If it is just open to everyone then I can perhaps just have him ushered along into the event before he even realizes what he's getting himself into.

Oh, also, can guests wear masks too, or is it just the dates?

RE: Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction - Faye - 04-30-2014

Glad to see someone else rolling with the Date Auction theme Smile

RE: Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction - Elisea Renyven - 04-30-2014

Guests can wear masks to, and generally it'll be a public invitation. Also we've changed the location to Ward 3, Plot2 in Mist.

RE: Springtime Masquerade Ball and Date Auction - Pumpkinweed - 05-02-2014

-Deleted-