Hydaelyn Role-Players
Deadbeats! (Looking for an RP 'static'/partners(s)) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Deadbeats! (Looking for an RP 'static'/partners(s)) (/showthread.php?tid=7002)

Deadbeats! (Looking for an RP 'static'/partners(s)) - Imsey - 04-24-2014

Sooo... personal backstory you're welcome to skip:
Show Content

What I'm hoping to find is at least one, maybe a few, people to consistently RP with.  I'd mostly like to RP while being 'productive', so primarily out in the world and active vs usually in one spot.  The idea sort of running through my head is for a pair (or small group) of deadbeats.  The sort who bounce from one bad idea to the next.
"Hey, I heard iron ore was really selling on the market, grab a pickaxe!"
"Heard this dungeon used to have pirates in it til some adventurers cleared 'em out... lets go see what got left behind!"

Etc etc.

Things can stay as easy going or get as dark as you'd like, and frankly I prefer to take on a secondary role.  I'm happier as the sidekick, so to speak.  I don't really want to over think this now, just tossing out the idea in case it sparks interest for anyone.
If this becomes a tiny LS that's fine (more privacy to RP in there I suppose).
I'm a US PST player, usually on between 5pm to maybe 10pm weekdays, weekends varies.  I have a life, you have a life, so don't feel like you need to RP with me every day.  It's a game, I'm not willing to chain myself to it either. Wink

My old character is on Balmung, and while I'm not opposed to the thought of transferring servers (I don't want to make a 3rd character!), it's money.  I have to be certain if I go that road. xD

Anyway, this post is way long.  Send me a PM or reply here if interested.  =) If nothing comes of this, no worries.  

About my character(s)
Show Content

RE: Deadbeats! (Looking for an RP 'static'/partners(s)) - Zhavi - 04-24-2014

My character is strictly Limsa based, so I can't help much there -- but if you want your character to have someone to hang with whenever he's in town and possibly get rolled into ongoing hijinks, hit me up!

Do note that my character is a bit of a mean jerkface some of the time, and would probably try to take advantage of your character in the sense of conning him out of money. They could even be frenemies! Or something. I don't know. But if you have trouble finding someone to go adventuring with in the wild blue yonder, give me a ring.

(I won't be in game much until a couple weeks from now but I'm a forum junkie so . . .yeah)

Also, have you considered putting up a wiki of your character if you haven't already?

RE: Deadbeats! (Looking for an RP 'static'/partners(s)) - Imsey - 04-24-2014

(04-24-2014, 10:14 PM)Zhavi Wrote: My character is strictly Limsa based, so I can't help much there -- but if you want your character to have someone to hang with whenever he's in town and possibly get rolled into ongoing hijinks, hit me up!

Do note that my character is a bit of a mean jerkface some of the time, and would probably try to take advantage of your character in the sense of conning him out of money.  They could even be frenemies!  Or something.  I don't know.  But if you have trouble finding someone to go adventuring with in the wild blue yonder, give me a ring.

(I won't be in game much until a couple weeks from now but I'm a forum junkie so . . .yeah)

Also, have you considered putting up a wiki of your character if you haven't already?

Haha, thanks! =) Zha'li travels a lot, so if/when he's ever in Limsa I likely will. Frenemies are often amusing. xD

I used to have an overly complex wiki for him. Stripped it down right here. Probably should have had it there to start.

RE: Deadbeats! (Looking for an RP 'static'/partners(s)) - Nebbs - 04-25-2014

I love the idea, I love action aimed RP.

If you were to make a LS around this idea I would definately join.

Though I am mostly full up RP wise if there were some "daft ideas" I am sure I could drag somone along... "Hey there is a group poking into Nym, come on Ilwe get your bow and lets make a picnic of it....  No you wont need your sun block, but a chain shirt might be handy against stabby knives."

Nebbs (Nebula) is mostly a bard/witch helping with unsanctioned Pirate activities from Limsa, so is quite "freelance" in her work.

RE: Deadbeats! (Looking for an RP 'static'/partners(s)) - Imsey - 04-27-2014

(04-25-2014, 02:44 AM)Nebbs Wrote: I love the idea, I love action aimed RP.

If you were to make a LS around this idea I would definately join.

Though I am mostly full up RP wise if there were some "daft ideas" I am sure I could drag somone along... "Hey there is a group poking into Nym, come on Ilwe get your bow and lets make a picnic of it....  No you wont need your sun block, but a chain shirt might be handy against stabby knives."

Nebbs (Nebula) is mostly a bard/witch helping with unsanctioned Pirate activities from Limsa, so is quite "freelance" in her work.

Thanks!  I'm not entirely certain I'm up for heading up a linkshell juuust yet, but I'll send a message your way if I do~

RE: Deadbeats! (Looking for an RP 'static'/partners(s)) - Drifter - 04-27-2014

I must say I love this idea!

I would love to have my character join you for all sorts of hijinx/adventures. Only problem is that my character is on Gilgamesh (I wouldn't be against rerolling) 

Bigger problem is I won't be able to get online due to moving until the middle of may.

But feel free to send me some pms here and we can hash out a mutual background story for future use

RE: Deadbeats! (Looking for an RP 'static'/partners(s)) - Imsey - 04-27-2014

(04-27-2014, 05:38 PM)Drifter Wrote: I must say I love this idea!

I would love to have my character join you for all sorts of hijinx/adventures. Only problem is that my character is on Gilgamesh (I wouldn't be against rerolling) 

Bigger problem is I won't be able to get online due to moving until the middle of may.

But feel free to send me some pms here and we can hash out a mutual background story for future use
Glad you like it, I'll toss you some pms.^^

Just as an update I have been contacted by a pair on Balmung, so I def want to stay there~