Hydaelyn Role-Players
new information revealed on reddit - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: new information revealed on reddit (/showthread.php?tid=7018)

Pages: 1 2 3

new information revealed on reddit - Kailia - 04-26-2014

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/240ty3/frontlines_new_classes_new_summoner_pets_new/

Quote:Gun and Dagger class/jobs were both confirmed and coming sooner than people think. Apparently soon after 2.3. (He said we are saving this info for E3-Announcements, looking forward to June 10th!)

Whoa! Now that is pretty sweet. Other MMO companies only release new classes for expansions. This could be crazy fun and even an IC weakling like my char could handle shooting a gun, which aint as hard as a bow lol

Quote:The gun class isn't what people are expecting it to be.

Hmm, now that line actually has me curious what it is lol.

Quote:Yoshi said Summoners will be getting Leviathan AND Ramuh pets, no mentioned when they would arrive.

Oh sweetness! I love this bit of info for summoners Big Grin

Quote:Personal rooms for your FC housing mentioned again. He said it would be like a mog house from ff11 with decorating.

I never played FF11, but I do hope we can let guests into our personal rooms. And I hope the rooms are at least the size of a small house's main floor or even the size of a small house's basement. Watching a video talking about this stuff on youtube, the guy mentioned that personal rooms would come before personal housing, so most likely personal rooms in 2.3, personal housing after, maybe 2.4 or 2.5. As long as we can let guests into our rooms, I will be happy.

Here's the video I mentioned:

[youtube]_BfX6X_0-tY[/youtube]

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Melkire - 04-26-2014

THIEF, THIEF, THIEF, THIEF, THIEF!!!

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Lizzo - 04-26-2014

(04-26-2014, 04:05 PM)Melkire Wrote: THIEF, THIEF, THIEF, THIEF, THIEF!!!
...and...

NINJA, NINJA, NINJA, NINJA, NINJA!!!!

Finally getting that Leviathan Egi, my summoner was just staring at that miqo in Gridania wondering when she'd get a new one. And Ramuh!? -Yay! - Does this mean we get to fight him and his luxurious beard (and slaughter more of those irritating little grass pixies)?

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Freelockbox - 04-26-2014

If the gun class means we get anything like chemist, with potions and pseudo healing support dps, my body is beyond ready.

RE: new information revealed on reddit - synaesthetic - 04-26-2014

Another ranged class? Yes please.

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Jana - 04-26-2014

real DEX limit break please ;-;

Also, I thought that Musketeer was going to be a dual-handgun class, like what the Admiral uses in the story quests, but I hope we get long guns in some way too. Especially since muskets aren't handguns...

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Lan Darklyn - 04-26-2014

Since he said that the gun class will not be what we are expecting I think it might be either the chemist style or, the musketeer sort of class. Most people I think are thinking that a gun class would be dual wielding pistols but I think the musketeer might be something like, sword in main hand, pistol in off hand, similar to one of the ways you could kit out the thief class in GW2.

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Edgar - 04-27-2014

[Image: 380px-Gun_Mage_FFX-2.jpg]

Gun mage, perhaps?

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Kailia - 04-27-2014

(04-27-2014, 12:22 AM)Edgar Wrote: [Image: 380px-Gun_Mage_FFX-2.jpg]

Gun mage, perhaps?

... That thought never occurred to me... yes please! Wants!

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Clover - 04-27-2014

Gun class and Gold Saucer are making me very excited (>_<)!

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Kahn'a - 04-27-2014

(04-26-2014, 10:55 PM)Lan Darklyn Wrote: Since he said that the gun class will not be what we are expecting I think it might be either the chemist style or, the musketeer sort of class. Most people I think are thinking that a gun class would be dual wielding pistols but I think the musketeer might be something like, sword in main hand, pistol in off hand, similar to one of the ways you could kit out the thief class in GW2.
And so could you with the Mesmer! And that goes to tell there are many directions and themes they can explore for a gun-wielding fighter.

Oh boy I'm PSYCHED!

Edit: Did some quick research on what Square Enix has done in FFs (but not any less great!) with guns, after seeing the gunmage picture.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Fusilier_(Tactics_A2)
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cannoneer_(Tactics_A2)
*shamelessly runs in circles with his arms flailing about*

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Rinh Hallani - 04-27-2014

Ooh, exciting! I really hope we can allow guests into the FC personal rooms.

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Hokujin - 04-27-2014

(04-27-2014, 08:02 AM)Rinh Hallani Wrote: Ooh, exciting! I really hope we can allow guests into the FC personal rooms.
Yes! Very cool stuff.

No girls allowed in my room of course.

(Unless you're cute.)

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Azureus Scipio - 04-27-2014

OH MY GERD FC LEADUR! STAY UOT OF MY RUUM!!!! >.<

Seriously though as long as they are still planning personal housing (Account/server wide for all characters) then i am happy

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Hyakki - 04-27-2014

If you're like me and don't do reddit, here's Reinhart's transcript of the event.

There's a bit after the mention of Yugiri where they're discussing the idea of an emote where a player could carry another player. I hope they 're able to make it work (and don't do what Perfect World did where men can only carry women, couldn't carry other men and women couldn't carry anything period...)

Having emotes where our characters physically interact with each other would be amazing, but I'm more thrilled about the OOC fun that can come from this. I look forward to the day I can run around town with a friend on my on my shoulders yelling "MECHA SHIVA! MECHA SHIVA!"