Hydaelyn Role-Players
So, dark magic! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: So, dark magic! (/showthread.php?tid=7047)

So, dark magic! - Lightcloud - 04-30-2014

Just figured I'd have a go at actually speaking out the fact that I'm actively searching for RP! (Because I can be shy)

I'm generally open for all types of RP but as the subject slightly hints at, I love magic based RP. For most of the time I've spent RP'ing over the years my characters are mostly always magical based in the ways of arcanists, pyromancers and so on.

Seeing as Ellis is currently my only character on FFXIV I'd like to get more into playing him as I've only done a little bit so far!

This doesn't mean to say that I don't welcome general RP since that opens it up to many others, just figured it'd give my post a heading that may catch others with similar interests.

I'm not good at making these lengthy so that's all I have to say!

Cheers!

RE: So, dark magic! - Zhavi - 04-30-2014

Hey there! My character is not at present able to use magic, but I do know that there are several scholarly magic-using types running about (Goodfellow is one -- he's a kickass rper Big Grin). Be sure to check out the wiki too (I usually go for 'recent updates'), as I've seen quite a few there. Buuut, if you ever want to get your character caught up in shady shit down in ole Limsa Lominsa, just say the word and I'm there.

Also, kudos to you for speaking up even though you're shy! Even though it's not always easy, it really is the best way to start making some connections to facilitate rp. Don't be afraid of pming (here or in game) people whose characters you like the look of, either! Most people find it flattering when you pm them or show interest, so think of it as sending a lovely little compliment whether or not you're able to work out rp.

RE: So, dark magic! - Elisea Renyven - 04-30-2014

If your looking for a lot of story RP and character development, check us out. We're Limsa based and recently acquired our house. www.unsungheroesguild.com if you got questions or wanna know more, be more than happy to visit with you!

RE: So, dark magic! - FreelanceWizard - 04-30-2014

Mysterium is an LS/FC that's all about spellcasters. Feel free to say hi to any of us in game and strike up a conversation about the Art; several of us enjoy "talking shop" in game. Smile

RE: So, dark magic! - Aduu Avagnar - 05-03-2014

Hi, I play a mage (whose fallen on some hard times with being locked out from the majority of his magic at the moment), whose attached to the FC/LS Yatagahns, so more militaristic, but before that he was a tutor in aetheric studies. I'm always willing to talk about stuff, and especially going into the more indepth whys and wherefores of magic if that interests you.

(on that note, I need to get in touch with the mysterium guys XD)

RE: So, dark magic! - Antain - 05-03-2014

And if you wish, while running around Ul'dah, there could be a fledgling magic user who doesn't know how to properly control the aether that you could talk to >_>;

There's quite a bit of RP I'm trying to do with a small group regarding magic and we're always welcoming new players! The more, the merrier!

RE: So, dark magic! - Aduu Avagnar - 05-03-2014

(05-03-2014, 08:33 PM)zmunmawr Wrote: And if you wish, while running around Ul'dah, there could be a fledgling magic user who doesn't know how to properly control the aether that you could talk to >_>;

There's quite a bit of RP I'm trying to do with a small group regarding magic and we're always welcoming new players! The more, the merrier!
Nako is also based in Ul'dah, drop me a line and we could work something out?

RE: So, dark magic! - Lightcloud - 05-04-2014

Well first of all, thank you for the replies. Has been nice to see the response, probably should have replied sooner though, sorry!

With the Thaumaturge guild being based in Ul'dah I guess it'd make more sense to have Ellis based in that general area even though I do love making my characters go places so I'm definitely not opposed to making him move elsewhere for RP but for the topics sake I'll make Ul'dah the main area!

On the part of the Mysterium then that sounds like a great idea and I'll see about getting around to that in-game (I hate just popping up on people) though I'll need to have a quick look at the magic in this game though from what I gather it's just more or less the same as any other with arcane manipulation being the base.

And lastly for Nako'li and Zmun, yes, just yes. Hope to see you in-game!

Thanks again. ^^