Hydaelyn Role-Players
New and excited! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New and excited! (/showthread.php?tid=7048)

New and excited! - OhVeryNice - 04-30-2014

Hello everyone! I float around the interwebs with the name of OhVeryNice! I'm brand new to ARR, but think of myself as a "veteran" RPer, as I have been an active role player during WoW for about 5 years now. 

I really want to drown myself in RP, however it seems that both of the servers that are used are full! Is there any information as to an average wait time?

Anyways, I really love to dive deep into the lore, immerse myself and those around me as much as possible. I'm told that I'm a pleasant, drama-free RPer. As it's plainly seen, I'm terrible with introductions like this, so I hope to see a lot of you soon!

RE: New and excited! - Zhavi - 04-30-2014

From what I've read, it's usually a matter of when -- as in, the earlier in the morning you go, the more likely you're able to get a slot. Pretty much, if you keep trying you will get in! If it doesn't work at one time, try another. Don't give up!

Welcome to the RPC, and I am sure you'll be able to find whatever rp floats your boats. Be sure to check out the events for either server, and the wiki for various characters. There's a ton of awesome people hanging out, and everyone is super friendly. Smile

What sort of character are you thinking of making?

RE: New and excited! - OhVeryNice - 04-30-2014

I've been looking at playing a female Miqo'te! I've been trying to look up racial personalities, as well as how others RP as them. I'm in the process of getting up-to-snuff with the racial lore and the like, because I don't want to make a fool of myself as a newbie!

As for the server, I'll just have to keep refreshing until I see the name light up! I'm really hoping to get into Balmung, as from what I've read, it's a lot more heavy on the role play side, which is exactly what I'm looking for!

RE: New and excited! - Elisea Renyven - 04-30-2014

It's a good server and community on Balmung.

RE: New and excited! - Zhavi - 04-30-2014

I think there's plenty of rp on both sides; even if those from Gilgamesh maybe aren't as loud as the Balmung ones, there are still plenty of them around! Sometimes all a rp community needs is a fresh injection of new blood, anyways (I say, while secretly hoping more people come to Balmung). Ahem. Really though, whichever server you wind up on, you can't go wrong.

quick edit - also, unless you're going for a very traditional miqo'te of some kind, don't worry so much about looking the part of a fool. With the exception of sticking to established gender roles, even the most different cultures in the world still have common personality types. Miqo'te have become so well integrated into Eorzea that you've got a fairly wide margin for error as far as that goes, imo (unless I missed something, but I've seen a fairly wide range of miqo'te behavior from npcs in game).

It's good to know that I can be a bit flexible with her personality. Now it's just a matter of reading up about their culture and whatnot. I'm just very excited to start role playing in a brand new territory for myself, hopefully I can find a good Free Company that can help get me on my feet as a novice ARR role player!

RE: New and excited! - Elisea Renyven - 04-30-2014

Check us out, www.unsungheroesguild.com we're doing a bit of transitioning period based on RP, and also acquiring our house. However, we do tons of RP and we also do pve if you look for pve.

I'll definitely have to take a look Elisea! All I need is a friendly environment and people to show me the ropes, and I'm good!