Hydaelyn Role-Players
Chatting up the ladies. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Chatting up the ladies. (/showthread.php?tid=7068)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Chatting up the ladies. - Kimikimi - 05-02-2014

Well I am sure I don't need much introduction, my posts always seem very well popular.

Today I ask you how much is too much.

Recently I was rping with a lovely Miqo'te girl for roughly 4 hours, we talked about anything that came to mind. I was trying to get in there as most males do and kept the flow of talk going. I admit even though it was all RP I really enjoyed just sitting on a bench talking about anything that came to mind.

Someone happen to message me, they said "dude, you are proberly talking to a dude." And he thought I seemed a little desperate however that wasn't the case at all I truely was having a good time and my new friend did too. Whether she is truely female or not honestly does not matter.

Was I there too long, I could have kept going?

And I honestly do not care if the person is really male or female because when I RP that does not matter and I feel I am better off not knowing all together to get the full RP effect. But I would like to know others thoughts on this.

RE: Chatting up the ladies. - Melodia - 05-02-2014

I am new to rp.....but here's my two gil worth.

1) If you are both having fun with rp, then length of time is irrelevant.

2) Gender is irrelevant. Period.

RE: Chatting up the ladies. - Kimikimi - 05-02-2014

(05-02-2014, 12:33 PM)Rurutani Wrote: I am new to rp.....but here's my two gil worth.

Well I am glad someone feels the same way.

RE: Chatting up the ladies. - Ignacius - 05-02-2014

I wouldn't worry about it too much.  It isn't because you might be speaking romantically to a man (you may well have been), but because you might also be talking to a happily married woman, a twelve year old girl, or a woman who just killed her last husband.

Don't worry about whether or not the person on the opposite end is a man or woman, just make sure you aren't getting personally romantic with a person playing a character.  Don't bleed your OOC into IC.

RE: Chatting up the ladies. - Rynn - 05-02-2014

Some people honestly think real life gender matters during RP. It's a childish notion, but some people honestly think that by saying that someone is not the gender they are portraying in character they'll some how shame that person as if its a bad thing. It isn't. You're fine. As long as you're both enjoying yourself, do what you wish.

RE: Chatting up the ladies. - Zhavi - 05-02-2014

If the gender of the player matters then there's some IC/OOC mixing going on. I've played male and female characters going after male or female characters with male or female players. Doesn't matter. I'm not rping for any sort of emotional connection with any player (though I have made friends with players, if I don't it doesn't matter. I've rped with some people for years and we're still not much more than polite acquaintances, and some I really don't care for on a personal ooc level, but if the rp is fun the rp is fun).

RE: Chatting up the ladies. - TheBlob - 05-02-2014

Not every RP is going to be sword fighting and adventuring. Most of the character development people make is through those long "sitting around shooting the breeze" times in between. Roll with it and enjoy! 

Unless you are specifically looking to find some long lasting OOC relationship (romantic or platonic), pay no mind to the shadows pulling levers behind the curtain. Wink

RE: Chatting up the ladies. - Dogberry - 05-02-2014

There's a large non-RP population of players on our servers who, when they see us RPing, don't quite get what we're about. They think you're really trying to score with teh hott babez online and not playing a character. You can disregard them when it comes their opinions on your RP or RP in general. It's not their fault. They're either ignorant or misinformed. Either way their input is irrelevant.

Also, it amuses me that so many people hold on to the idea that women don't play MMORPGs. This game has a very large female player base. The old joke about MMORPG meaning Mostly Men Online Role Playing Girls is outdated. I can say that recently I've noticed considerable representation across the gender spectrum within many of the MMO's I've played. One of the things I love about MMO's is that it allows us to come together for a common cause, not just shedding our differences aside, but using them with all of our unique experiences and talents to band together and beat the ever loving crap out of giant monsters.

RE: Chatting up the ladies. - Yangh - 05-02-2014

Its all been said above but I'd just like to say the same. Gender is completely irrelevant within RP. You play the character on your screen, not the person you are in real life (Although some really do play a version of themselves in RP which is a much easier path to blurring the lines of OOC and IC).

As for those who take time out of their day to /tell you things such as that? Just ignore them, you can't please everyone. Smile

Don't be discouraged! A four hour long RP is kind of normal!

Hope to see you around on Balmung! I can't promise Yangh will be nice but I can promise she will be interesting! xD

RE: Chatting up the ladies. - Dogberry - 05-02-2014

(05-02-2014, 01:01 PM)Yangh Wrote: I can't promise Yangh will be nice but I can promise she will be interesting! xD

Speaking of chatting up the ladies! I can confirm. It will be interesting and fun. You could end up on a cannonball run! Though she was pretty nice to Dog.

RE: Chatting up the ladies. - Yangh - 05-02-2014

What can I say? He's just a charmer who says all the right things! Captain? Check. Treasure? Check. Adventure? Check. Drinking? Check! Cannon balling into a hot tub with said Yangh riding on shoulders?! CHECK!!

All of these things lead to ruined upholstery and a fantastic read! Big Grin

RE: Chatting up the ladies. - Roen - 05-02-2014

(05-02-2014, 12:33 PM)Rurutani Wrote: I am new to rp.....but here's my two gil worth.

^

RE: Chatting up the ladies. - MrPoopyButtHole - 05-02-2014

Have fun don't take your interactions too seriously OOC and whore around ICly as much as possible. The philosophy of a drunken bard. Seriously though just have fun and ignore the trolls and dumbasses.

RE: Chatting up the ladies. - McBeefâ„¢ - 05-02-2014

I'll only speak to someone if they email me a picture of their genitals first. That way I know there is no funny business.

RE: Chatting up the ladies. - TheLastCandle - 05-02-2014

(05-02-2014, 02:34 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: I'll only speak to someone if they email me a picture of their genitals first. That way I know there is no funny business.

PM sent.