Hydaelyn Role-Players
Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] (/showthread.php?tid=7093)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Medipack - 06-26-2014

The event of the pass few minutes seemed like a blur for K'lyrhi as she watched the other tribe members quickly carry her uncle off to the healer's tent. She kept an eye as the healers (one seemed to be an outsider?) proceed to treat the miqote, peering from the edge of the tent flap with worry. The fact she had been responsible for their injuries, even if indirectly, weighed heavily in the back of her mind.

The fact that she found herself almost lost among the rest of her supposed tribe certainly chose now to be the perfect time to hit her. That she was no different from just another outsider...

...K'lyrhi shook her head, quickly diverting her attention away from such thoughts. She turned her attention back to the tent her father had went into earlier, only to see him being led out, barely able to stand.

Strike two.

"Oh no..."

She hurries to the two's side, making sure not to trip over herself. She hurriedly tried to support the other side of the nunh, to ease the burden on the other girl, not caring for any initial protests until she's got a good grip on her father. She was at least stronger than her demeanor might have suggested, even if her courage could use some work...

"The healers are busy with Unc--K'hai." She says, "Lemme help you get him to the tent."

She should have been more insistent on dressing those wounds...

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Nauta Lyehga - 06-26-2014

K’yohko’s fierce eyes glanced up, peering at the concerned voice that called out to him. His expression was pained and fierce. His ears stood at an odd angle, one pressing to his head in pain and the other flicked backwards with aggression. As K’nhali stood, lacking anything useful besides worthless words of conscious, K’yohko turned his head to watch K’mih’s fleeting figure. He thought darkly, he should not have trusted her with alerting the huntresses. Not that she would be unable to do it, but because she was too slow.

Again, K’yohko’s burning gaze turned to his eldest daughter. Help him to K’zhumi? Idiot child. He did not need to see K’zhumi yet. Until the camp was secured there was no time for such trivialities. Had K’ile and the outsider not lead the damned Amal’jaa to their camp, he wouldn’t be injured in the first place. But maybe that was what K’ile wanted. K’yohko would not have doubted it, and bitterly thought it was indeed what he had intended.

Yohko’s expression shifted as K’nahli pushed forward without consent, trying to aid him in holding himself up and dragging him off to the healer’s tent. Idiot child! If he had any way to move his shoulder, his fury compelled him to bat her away. But indeed his shoulder refused to let him do much more than snarl as the movement agitated its pain, and his daughter’s skin and armor pushed into the burns on his arm and side.

Just as K’yohko turned his head to snap at K’nahli, it turned instead to… K’lyrhi. The Nunh found his mouth tasting bitter and a difficulty in swallowing whenever she appeared. It was similar to staring at a ghost. Although the elders were happy to have those deemed dead returning to them, K’yohko found it abhorrent. It was as if dead bodies had rose from the sands and shambled back to the camp. Of all the bodies returning, the only one he wished to return was still buried somewhere in the Sagolii.

As K’lyhri too, pushed herself to his side to help, K’yohko snarled viciously. He bared his teeth at both K’lyhri and K’nahli before stepping forward, throwing all of his heavy weight forward to break free of the girls.

“Don’t touch me!” K’yohko snarled, his words dripping with anger and twisted in pain. He turned and glared back at the girls, violent eyes seemingly lit on fire. “Idiot children! If you do not help the huntresses secure our camp, there will not BE a healer to tend our wounds because we will all DIE to the Amal’jaa.” His breath was ragged, wheezing with intense effort. His body sagged again towards his open wounds. His other burned arm reached over and grasped at his shoulder, holding it to his body as if it might fall off. “Get your weapons and find the others.” It was not a statement, nor was it snarled like he had been just a moment before. It was a cold and furious demand that threatened something darkly in its tone.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Izmina - 06-26-2014

K'tahjha sat curled behind her aunt's head to conserve space in the healer's tent. She softly stroked K'luha's hair and ears, pleased that she had taken a bit of food and was now resting peacefully. Occaisionally looking toward the healers worriedly, Tahj was none the less confident that they would be able to mend the unfamiliar male. looking back to K'luha with a smile Tahj bent and softly placed a kiss on her forehead as she slept.

Sighing with relief as the outsider managed to dam the flow of blood from the male's chest, K'zhumi turned her attention to the rest of the wounds. Reaching to open her grimoire, she found the page she wanted, then taking the ceremonial paint she began covering the area around each wound with precise drawings. Glancing gratefully to the outsider as they worked, Zhumi gave him a small smile,"What is your name outsider?"

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Xha'li Moui - 06-26-2014

Xha'li blinked his eyes as he finished with K'hai's life threatening wound, "I'm Xha'li Moui, Li if you want to shorten it- Xha's my mom."  Shaking himself out slightly Xha'li crawled back over towards K'hai's arm and Kedah and bent down to examine the wound more closely looking up towards where K'zhumi was starting to paint her runes around K'hai's injuries he spoke, "Well the good news with his arm is that the tendons are still firmly attached, bad news the muscle is torn almost clean through."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Izmina - 06-26-2014

K'zhumi aknowledged hearing the outsider's name with a flick of her ear, focusing on precise placement of the runes she was applying. Both ears going flat as she heard Li say the muscle was almost cut through. "That could be difficult to fix." Taking her grimoire in hand, Zhumi began channeling aether through each rune slowly beginning the closure of the wounds.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Xha'li Moui - 06-26-2014

"It will be."  Xha'li said grimly, "I can't even guarantee he'll get full function in the arm, worst I've ever had to heal was a slight tear into the muscle."  Shaking his head Xha'li turned to his carbuncle and scratched her head while he re-gathered his aether and prepared to start on the arm.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Izmina - 06-27-2014

As she channeled aether to each wound, Zhumi pondered the torn muscle. "Perhaps a patch can be constructed of aether, but the arm will have to be completely immobilized for it to heal." Glancing toward the tent flap, Zhumi spared a thought for K'yohko, surely someone would have brought him to her if his wounds were very serious.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Clover - 06-27-2014

K'mih left the tent after her father, bowing quickly to the elders before rushing out. She trusted that her father would seek the medical attention he needed; that was why he'd allowed her to be the one warning the huntresses, wasn't it? And so she did, as quickly as she could. Albeit sometimes her message was rushed and nervous, the enemy's threat became clear.

"Don't touch me!!"

As the girl ran around the camp, K'yohko's harsh voice made her come to a halt suddenly. It sounded like nothing she'd heard. It scared her, for some reason. That was the second time the Nunh managed to freeze the blood inside K'mih's veins that day. Something simply wasn't right... was it the Amalj'aa presence?

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - K'nahli - 06-27-2014

K'lyrhi's assistance with carrying her father had earned a quick glance from K'nahli but even the unfamiliarity she felt from looking upon her face seemed to phase the girl little. Her mind was too far away from even conceptualizing that another outsider had arrived. Had she taken a second glance she would have certainly recognized it as any face that she had seen or even associated with around the camp, but she didn't; that wasn't important now. The girl took another step forward, her face contorting with second-hand pain as she could feel her armour gently pushing against some of the nuhn's open wounds and burns. It was unavoidable and a regrettable notion to have herself voluntarily hurt her father further than he already had been... but the man had been close to collapsing when he had emerged from the tent, what choice did she have?

Her concerns were cut short, however, for without any prior warning, K'yohko suddenly threw himself forward and away from the support of the two girls, coming to a stop but a few steps ahead of them before he revolved on the spot with a dizzying stagger.

"Don't touch me!!" he spat with venom toward her and the stranger both.

The girl froze to the spot briefly as she fell prey to her father's unwarranted anger. Both K'nahli and the other girl whom had joined her had merely acted out of compassionate concern for the wounded nuhn. What was ignorant... inconsiderate about that? It was difficult, so very difficult for the girl to not take his rejection personally and critically. She could feel that familiar sense of rebellion churning in the pit of her stomach as his words sliced through her. She couldn't deny that she was having a difficult time with facing him since their last encounter. It was a very seldom occurrence where she would find herself allowing her emotions to surface and, in turn, expose her vulnerability.
And yet now, when she had seized the opportunity, as it had so willfully presented itself, her father merely threw his daughter's concerns right back into her face as though it has been a handful of sand. She clenched her fists tightly, her mind wholly consumed by her own frustrations - though not enough to shield herself from hearing the warning that was carried with her father's vicious order.

("Amalj'aa? Here?")

Puzzlement and anxiety both mixed together to paint the girl's expression. She stared at her father for what felt like the longest time as she searched for meaning in his words. That couldn't be right after all. Amalj'aa? This far south? Had she even heard him right?

Her doubts were soon quelled, however, as her maroon stare met once again with the fierocious glower that glared out from amidst her father's determined expression. No, she had heard him correctly.

Reluctantly, the girl took a step backward, her eyes still focusing on her father for a moment longer before she turned on the spot and proceeded with a hastened stride toward her tent to retrieve her bow without so much as passing that second glance sideward to see who had actually been assisting her up until now. That was not important now.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Xha'li Moui - 06-28-2014

"That could work," Xha'li said, "Though I won't be able to maintain it once I leave and I've already tied most of his aether into repairing and maintaining those blood vessels."  Looking towards his carbuncle Xha'li leaned over and spoke softly, "Kedah, I need you to go fetch my kit from the bags at the edge of the camp, and make sure theirs a few ethers in it."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Izmina - 06-28-2014

K'zhumi sighs, ears flattening slightly,"I'm all ready maintaining the bone in K'luha's hip, but I can possibly keep up the muscle in his arm as well. Hopefully no more injuries will come in." She returns her focus to the many wounds left on K'hai's chest, each rune glowing  in turn as she focuses on the wound it surrounds.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Xha'li Moui - 06-28-2014

"Don't worry about pushing your self to hard," Xha'li replied as Kedah darted out of the tent, "I've got some supplies that might help back with my bags so as soon as my familiar returns with them we can see if they will indeed help."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Izmina - 06-28-2014

K'zhumi sits back to study her work , circles under her eyes and looking slightly haggard. All of the wounds were clean and the deeper wounds were stitched. "Can you hand me some more thread and that jar of yellow ointment please, Li?"

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Medipack - 06-30-2014

'Don't touch me!'

K'lyrhi promptly backs off from the nunh at those words, her ears were ringing from being in such close proximity to his voice. She looked at her father with a hurt expression, if only briefly. Watching the other girl, who she presumed was a huntress, hurry off to retrieve he weapon brought her mind back to focus on the task at hand.

"...I have my weapons here already." she answered, motioning to the cesti she had at her side. Evidently she was trying to contain her emotions as best as she could...

"But can you get yourself to the healer's tent? Your wounds still need to be treated...and the tribe cannot have their nunh collapsing." K'lyrhi reasons, mustering as much courage as she could to talk back to her father. As she said this, she gave a quick glance around the campsite to see where the other miqote around here seem to be gathering.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Kailia - 07-01-2014

K'hai's eyes opened, blurry, but then things began fading into focus. He looked about, saw K'zhumi, and the stranger.

"So... am I still intact or did you have to remove a piece of me?" he asked with a sense of humour in his voice and a stupid grin towards K'zhumi.