Hydaelyn Role-Players
Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] (/showthread.php?tid=7093)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Naunet - 07-23-2014

The quiet of the elders' tent did not return once its visitors had fled, though none of them spoke. Shuffling of bare feet through sand, cloth against cloth, the tinkling of trinkets dropped into pouches, and the weary, heavy breaths of the old all filled the dark space. It was important that they be prepared to leave soon, and to leave no trace of their presence behind.

K'takka moved through the shadows, snuffing the dull embers of incense, though their smokey smell lingered in the closed tent. K'deiki's shriveled hands brushed across sigils drawn previously in the sand, wiping them clean. Bone bowls clattered as K'jhanhi emptied their contents, and fetishes clinked musically as he stored them away, fingers working familiar knots into old rope and hide. Together they worked with a quiet urgency, a patient readiness. The Amalj'aa were a threat, but they were a familiar threat, and the elders' response was one of habit, not lazy but practiced.

In short order, they would begin to transfer the contents of the tent to just outside. It would signal to the rest of the tribe who had not yet begun preparations of what was to come for the family: they would eat, bolstering their bodies, and then they would disappear.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Xha'li Moui - 07-23-2014

Ducking under the tent flap Kedah ran up to Xha'li and jumped on his shoulder chittering at him as she nuzzled his cheek.  Reaching up to grab her Xha'li chuckled as he moved her to his lap, scratching her under the cheek.  With a sigh he reached into the pack and pulled out to vials, offering one to K'zhumi, "Want an Ether?" He asked as he pulled out the stopper on his with his teeth and drained it in one go, face scrunching up as he swallowed, "They might taste terrible, but short of a hearty meal and a good nights sleep there's not much better for restoring your aether, and from what Kedah saw we might need all the aether we can get."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Izmina - 07-24-2014

K'zhumi places the last stitch in one of the deeper chest wounds, standing back tiredly to examine her handiwork. The smaller wounds had been closed, but the deeper, more serious wounds, she had painstakingly stitched. Through the haze of exhaustion setting in she spotted K'tahjha, who had finally crawled under the blanket with her aunt and fallen asleep. She smiles, gently, before realizing Li had spoken to her.

She turns to him, brow furrowing, and reaches for the vial. She downs it making a face and fighting the urge to spit the noxious liquid out. Frowning as she forces herself to swallow, she asks,"What do you mean? Is someone else injured?"

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Medipack - 07-24-2014

It broke K'lyrhi's heart seeing her father so injured, and equally frustrated her that his pride wouldn't let her help him. She had expected to be scolded one last time, but the faint acknowledgement that she was part of the family caught her off guard, though had the right enough effect of reassuring her.

"I...I will, father." she says. She lingered a little to make sure K'yohko did not collapse as her back was turned and was preparing to follow after K'nahli when her ears picked up movement behind her. She quickly turned the face the man approaching her. His harsh voice and questioning quickly making her tense up.

"That's because there is one, we came across a scouting party a few malms from here." K'lyrhi answered back curtly, eying the male up and down, almost disapproving. had he not been listening? Her father's voice could well be heard from yalms from here.

"The name's K'lyrhi, my father's calling for the huntresses to secure the camp." she introduces herself briefly "I know not who you are, but you best quit standing around and pass the word."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Xha'li Moui - 07-24-2014

Xha'li looked down towards Kedah briefly at K'zhumi's question before nodding, "Quite likely, Kedah says it looked like the tribe was preparing for something, everyone was arming them selves, and their was a scent of blood that didn't belong to K'hai out in the camp."

Looking towards the arm in front of him Li took a breath before speaking again, "I have the aether again that I could knit the muscle back together, but not the skin.  It'd have to stay covered and in a sling for a few weeks probably."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Kailia - 07-24-2014

K'hai looked between the two healers, "So, am I healed enough to at least go see the elders?"

He was not looking forward to meeting them, given the events that happened in Ul'dah. But he would at least tell them all he knew, if they were in a mood to hear him.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Nauta Lyehga - 07-24-2014

K'yohko cast his gaze shortly back towards K'lyrhi. His initial reaction to her was unfair, he knew it was so. He could not help the way he felt on it, but instead tried to push it aside and turned his head forward and towards the healer's tent. His eyes strained ahead, blinding all other sights between him and his destination. He could not waver or change his mind, nor did his personal feeling on the subject matter any longer. All that mattered was getting patched up enough to join the others, secure the camp, and then move when possible.

With great effort, K'yohko pushed himself into the healer's tent and grunted. His eyes struggled to adjust to the darkness, but he could barely make out the form of K'zhumi at least.

His eyes trailed to the floor next, picking out K'hai's form and then slowly the details of his body. He was no longer bleeding everywhere, and that was good. He seemed to be doing much better. Spotting K'hai however, he also spotted the outsider. This earned an instantaneous scowl towards the other, but K'yohko said nothing on the matter. Finally his gaze was drawn to the sleeping figures in the corner of the tent, the figures of K'luha and Tahj. It was good to see them together again. Tahj, even awhile asleep, seemed much happier with her aunt than she had ever seen around himself. His eyes finally moved back to K'zhumi and he gave her an apologetic bow.

"I apologize K'zhumi. Do you have any strength left to see to my arm?" K'yohko lifted his head to see her answer, hoping he wouldn't have to completely drain her if she was already drained.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Twinflame - 07-24-2014

"A scouting party. And the Nunh decided to run right in and kill them, didn't he? Perfect way to leave himself hurt and helpless and lead the Amal'jaa right to us. If there is a raiding party, it's the Nunh's fault."" K'ile scoffed, marching on, moving around K'lyrhi. He remembered her now, but his anger overrode every drop of sentiment he might have otherwise been mired in. "The only person 'standing around' here is you, isn't it?"

K'ile followed the scent of K'yohko's blood, turning his glare on the healers' tent. The tribe's new healer.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Izmina - 07-24-2014

K'zhumi turns to answer Li as the broken form of the Nunh stumbles into the tent. Her eyes widen and she inhales sharply, her face tells the story of how exhausted she is after two large healing jobs, but she is instantly all business.

"Sit" she orders, her tone allowing no disobedience. As she turns to gather the supplies she'll need off the table, her ear flicks to LI,"Do what you can with that arm, I mist needs get started with this."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Xha'li Moui - 07-24-2014

"Yes Ma'am" Xha'li says quickly, doing his best to appear respectful infront of K'Yohko so as not to set off the injured mans temper.  Looking at K'hai Xha'li smiled softly and said, "This might hurt, I need to move your arm to abit before I can reconnect the muscle, and any nerves that might of been severed as well."  Digging in the pack on Kedah's back he drew out a small metal rod and held it between his fingers for a few moments before touching it to the back of K'hai's hand, "How well can you feel the heat and pressure from it?" He asked.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Clover - 07-25-2014

Having warned every single huntress she could find, K'mih could no longer cast her own concern aside. Her heart was still beating fast when she rushed to the healer's tent. The Nunh seemed to have agreed to her request to pay a visit to the healer, so she was hoping to find him there.

Just like the previous time, K'rahto was still guarding the entrance. Perhaps she could get an answer without the need of intruding while K'zhumi was doing her job.

"K'rahto... is my father inside?"

"Yes..."

The Tia looked serious. He always did, but there was something a bit different this time. He looked more focused. More concerned, perhaps. At their feet, a trail of blood seemed to disappear behind the tent.

K'mih's eyes met the Tia's then, her expression fragile. It was the face of a girl who was doing her best to be strong, but who ultimately looked like a weak, almost trembling animal.

"M-may I take a look inside? I could... lend a hand to your sister..."

K'rahto stared at her with his usual piercing eyes, silent for a tortuous moment. Finally, he stepped aside.

"Ask her..." he said, frugal as always. The girl wasted no time to shift the cloth at the entrance and timidly stick her head in. It was dark, but she could still make their figures out.

"K'zhumi..." the shy miqo'te called her, barely raising her voice. "I-I was wondering if you needed help..."

It wasn't really for K'zhumi, nor was it for the new healer. Hadn't her father been involded, K'mih wouldn't have been so brave as to interrumpt them. But now her heart felt heavy and her thoughts wouldn't leave her alone; she wanted to be by his side. Just that, just by his side.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Medipack - 07-25-2014

Oh that struck a nerve. K'lyrhi abruptly extended an arm out to block K'ile's path, her fingers curled into claws. It helps that her own nails were sharp enough to count as them too. The miqote fixed her eyes on him a growl rumbling in her throat, her eyes cold and challenging.

"So you propose the Amal'jaa should be left alone to wander as they please?" She demanded, almost snarling it out in her anger, "And let them go back to their camps unscathed, knowing our defenses and perhaps let them make off with some poor sod while they were at it?" K'lyhri spat each accusation out, jabbing at K'ile with a finger. It would seem if there was anything else she inherited from K'yohko it would be his fierce temper.

"Coward." She says, completely ignoring the irony in her fury. "You weren't even there and yet you flap your gums about nonsense. A Nunh thinks of the tribe before himself."

"Don't you dare disturb my father." She warned, before she roughly pushed past K'ile to start heading to find the rest of the huntresses.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Kailia - 07-25-2014

K'hai looked at the stranger. From his looks he clearly did not belong in this camp. His hunch, which usually is accurate, told him he was brought here by K'ile. Another crime the tia has commited.

Then the rod was pressed into his hand and the question asked, so he responded, "I feel some light pressure, and it is only slightly warm. Now that I've answered your question, answer one of mine."

He looked li in the eyes, "Were you brought here by K'ile Tia?"

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Xha'li Moui - 07-25-2014

"I was," Xha'li said with a slight hum as he removed the rod, "I was already looking for you to learn more about my father who was an exile of the tribe." Shifting tack he nodded to Kedah and moved to kneel by K'hai's arm.  "You're in luck, the nerves are fine so you're only need to work on strengthing your arm instead of also needing to re-learn how to use it."  With a sympathetic grin he moved the arm so it was folded at the elbow and lying across K'hai's stomach below his chest wounds.  Closing his eyes he held his hands over K'hai's arm as a blue-green glow gathered beneath them and seeped towards the muscle, stitching it back together.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Twinflame - 07-25-2014

K'ile's hand snapped forward, fast, gripping the woman by her wrist. "The Nunh's first duty is as Nunh. He is not a huntress. He is not a Tia. He is a father, and I know no man worse at that than K'yohko Nunh." He leaned forward and snarled, tail whipping back behind him, and spoke in a very low tone that he had not often heard himself use. "Someone who took five years to come home does not get to tell me what to do. I can smell the Nunh's blood all over you. You left a trail of blood leading right back to camp, didn't you?"