Hydaelyn Role-Players
Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] (/showthread.php?tid=7093)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Clover - 07-26-2014

"A-alright!" She replied, with a mix of hesitation and determination. It'd be the very first time she'd tend to anyone's injuries, and the fact they were her father's made her extra nervous.

Perhaps it wouldn't be too difficult, she thought in an attempt to relax. The girl sat beside her father, trying to control her own breathing the best she could, and took a look at his arm.

K'zhumi had told her that she had to clean the wounds first, so K'mih started by soaking the piece of cloth in the water. Then, as careful as she could, she placed it on the man's injured arm. Too soft; she was being too soft, but she was completely unsure of how to do it right without causing much pain to her father. Her eyes traveled to his for a moment, searching for either pain or approval. Not like she expected her father to pay any sort of attention to her or his arm at that moment. There were many things in his mind, many things around them that day. There wasn't much K'mih could do to relieve all those weights from his shoulders.

[...]

Outside the tent, minutes kept passing in silence for K'rahto Tia. Well, not really in silence, as there was a heated argument not too far from his position, impossible to ignore. His annoyed gaze turned slightly to the side, to the distant figures of K'ile and that new girl whose name he didn't care to remember. Just what the hell was their problem? Didn't they have better things to do than bother everyone with their bickering?

Something happened then, an occurrence that made the Tia's eyes open wide. The new girl gave up on words and proceeded to shamelessly beat K'ile, effectively making him fall into the ground. "What the..."

That fierceness, that lack of control was suddenly engraved in his retinas. Seeing another Tia humilliated by a stranger wasn't K'rahto's favourite sight, as he couldn't help but imagine himself in the same situation. His eyes narrowed and his teeth showed slightly, fists clenched. His gaze glued itself to her form, even when his sister appeared to push that girl away from K'ile.

(Damn huntress... ...)

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Kailia - 07-26-2014

K'hai looked at Yohko, a bit of a frown appearing on his face, but that eventually faded. Especially hearing the huntress intervene.

"Fine. I will focus on healing. But I should still see the elders soon. Right now only you, the girl, and those in this tent know I am back." he said, walking to a corner, vacating the mat he was on and plopping down into a corner.

"To tell the truth I am surprised he's not joining his beloved exiles. The elders I remember would of stripped him of his gems and told him to leave camp.", K'hai said almost to himself, yet looking to K'yohko.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Nauta Lyehga - 07-26-2014

"K'hai!" Yohko snapped fiercely, narrowing his gaze at the other. "What do you accomplish by slandering your family's name? Like it or not, he is family. We will submit our complaints to the elders, and they will pass judgment, and then we must find forgiveness!" Yohko's ears bent forward irritably, his tail flicking with equal agitation. "K'ailia is gone. K'ile is still here. He chose his family over the exiles. Does that not speak for something of his values? You are blinded by your own hatred of him to see what merit he has! If this family is going to survive, we must abandoned our hatred. Or its poison will consume us all." K'yohko scowled seriously towards the ground. He could see the edge of his daughter's form, pressing a cloth far too lightly to his burned side. But her touch was so tender it did not hurt. In truth, he found some relief to her presence. She was such a soft and delicate flower, so unlike most of the tribe members. If only a few more people could strive to be so soft in their ways.

"K'hai, I am advising you now to give up your hatred of K'ile Tia. I advise this to you strongly. The elders have changed, indeed, but things are different now. The majority of our family was wiped out during the Calamity. When we returned from Carteneu, there was no joy. Only more suffering here and bodies to bury. I do not think the Elders would so easily spurn any family when we have so little left. So again I tell you, abandon your hatred. K'ile is here, and K'ailia has long since chosen of her own will to leave. I love my daughter, but I respect her choice to leave us. I would not taint that image of her choice with the idea that she fled from K'ile like a babe because he made a threat."

Yohko kept his gaze to the floor, although his body was paling quickly. He had lost quite a bit of blood now and it was starting to effect him more seriously. The nunh grunted slightly, his body leaning towards K'mih as he found it difficult to sit properly anymore. His head felt as if was swimming in a large body of water, and the idea and sensation confused him. Perhaps the vexation of unruly Tias was starting to get to him.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Izmina - 07-26-2014

Ears flattening on her head and tail twitching in irritation, K'zhumi listens to the arguement between the males. Her eyes widening in fear as K'yohko slumped, she finally snaps,"SILENCE! This is a place of healing and rest. I will not have any more foolishness in my tent affecting my patients." she takes a deep breath and eyes K'mih,"And you! You are not scrubbing a cub's rump. If those burns get infected your father will die. So scrub! Draw blood if you must."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Twinflame - 07-26-2014

K'ile walked purposefully towards a tent well off to the side of the shaman's tent. He did not himself have a tent to call home at the time, as he hadn't been present to set up his own tent when the Tribe last moved. Still, the supply tent was easy to pick out, always between the healers' and elders' tents, and stepping just inside K'ile claimed his spear.

Turning back to K'iara, he adjusted the strap on his chest and hung the spear over his back. "Eh, I guess I'm taking myself a bit seriously, aren't I? If you're going to start throwing girls at me, just throw yourself. At least I can talk to you, and we'd both know what was going on." Walking out towards the edge of the camp, which was only a few tents removed from them at this point, K'ile kept his gaze on the woman who looked so much like his dead brother. She snickered like K'thalen had once snickered, scolding with hard humor. "I didn't have any reason to hide the cart tracks. Nobody had provoked any Amal'jaa yet. But, yeah, I'll get it."

K'hai listened to K'yohko's words. While he hated to admit it. The nuhn was right. Especially upon hearing what happened after Carteneu.

"You are right K'yohko. As usual. I will speak no more against him.", K'hai responded. Letting go of his hatred would be difficult. But he would do his best to do as the nuhn requested.

"I will do my utmost to drop the hatred. I do not wish to be a burden to the family. For now, we should focus on getting the tribe moved. I doubt that small scouting party was the only one following that wagons trail." he finished.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Xha'li Moui - 07-26-2014

At the mention of the scouting party Xha'li's ears perked up, "What are the Amalj'aa even doing out this deep in the Sagolii?  I thought they stuck towards the 'mountains' at the edge of the desert."  As Xha'li spoke his tone made it clear he was only using mountains as to avoid confusion, not because he considered them mountains.

K'hai looked to the outsider, "Someone drove the cart through the mountains and they followed it. I got here by passing through a tunnel that led to the U tribes territory. While there I learned the Amalj'aa have been rounding stealing away travelers and even U tribe for tempering."

He let out a puff of breath, "You have to think like the Amalj'aa. They want easy pickings for tempering. And you see a cart loaded with food and miqo'te that clearly are not U tribe, heading not to the forgotten springs, but out into the wide open desert. Would you not want to see where they are going?"

K'hai shook his head, "The best idea now, is to forgo any form of festivities. Get a good meal in our bellies, and start moving far from here."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Clover - 07-27-2014

As K'mih attempted to clean her father's burns, the conversation between him and the returned miqo'te became heated. She took a few seconds to stare at K'yohko's expression, her lips slightly parted and her eyes almost unable to blink. The Nunh was displaying an aggressive self, possessed by many worries he couldn't hide; a side she hadn't had much of an opportunity to witness. It was worrisome, even scary. Her stoic father being like this could only be an indication that things were truly wrong. However, there was also something oddly fascinating to it, like a rare sight you just couldn't take your eyes away from, even knowing how dangerous it was.

K'mih's trance ended when K'yohko groaned and leaned in slightly towards her, as if the loss of blood was starting to seriously drain his energies. His own anger had contributed to that, and K'mih, being the ignorant girl she always was, hadn't realized it.

"Father..." was an involuntary whisper, barely audible.The hand that wasn't holding the cloth moved to his chest, an attempt to support him and prevent him from losing his balance.

K'zhumi's stern voice was heard then. It was directed at everyone, and this included K'mih, who apparently had been rubbing the cloth in the wrong way. A clumsy mistake that could have consequences more severe than what the girl had imagined.

"I-I'm sorry!" She replied quickly and nervously, scared at the mention of her father dying. The Nunh had always been the strongest miqo'te; even after seeing him injured, the possibility of him being completely defeated by his wounds had barely crossed K'mih's mind. Now, as she looked at his pale form, his weakness started becoming more apparent.

With damp eyes that looked like an apology, she rubbed the cloth harder against his skin. Harder, even if it hurt, even if she had to shut her eyelids close. She was ready to apply the salve next.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - K'nahli - 07-27-2014

The dark animal hide that decorated her hand in the form of numerous bands let out a soft creaking sound as she gripped the bow tightly in her right hand. It was cool beneath the protective shade of the tent. Even the intensity of Azeyma’s glare failed to press much light passed the limp, tent flaps that lay a couple of feet behind the girl; though purposefully allowed just enough to dimly illuminate the interior so that it were easy to navigate within.

K’nahli’s maroon eyes locked onto her weapon. Slowly, they trained over it’s delicately-carved texture, involuntarily following along the length of the wood grain that guided her vision across it. She was still hurt by her father’s words, even as she tried to reason with herself given the severity of the situation that had, at the time, been unknown to her. It was odd, she thought, that somehow his reaction had more of a hold over her mind than the potential, looming danger that he warned of. Perhaps it was for that reason why she had so much difficulty understanding the way he had spoken and acted toward her and choosing to do anything but take it personally.

It was natural for him to be angry she thought, anxious even… and yet…

The girl squeezed her grip more tightly against the belly of her bow as she finally managed to frown lightly - though her expression looked to be more of a pained one than one of anger. She breathed in deeply, bidding her eyes to a calming close for a few seconds before re-opening them once again to accompany a soft and melancholic exhale. Slipping the bow over her head and down over her nimble body, she quickly turned to abandon the tranquillity of her tent before the peace she found there stole her away for much longer. Passing through the flaps once again, she was engulfed in the sun’s brilliance, forcing her to instinctively raise her arm to protect her eyes. A faint note of puzzlement echoed from the depths of her throat as the intensity of the sun’s brightness caught her a little off guard. It felt like it had only been a moment but perhaps she was inside a little longer than she had thought. K’nahli had always been awkwardly susceptible to falling lost within her own thoughts to the point of losing track of time, albeit this time it at least seemed to have been no more than a few minutes.

The girl blinked a couple of times in a vain effort to recover from her momentary daze before turning to face toward her destination. There was a lot of commotion going on amongst the entire tribe, even some angry shouting it had seemed; though not a single word of it was registered within her mind. Unless she were directly involved then she had no interest in joining such annoying engagements.
With a gentle huff she pushed forward through the camp with a steady trot. Avoiding contact at such a time would normally have felt rather selfish but at least now she had an excuse.

Her eyes fell upon a distant dune that lay on the outskirts of the camp ahead.
It would serve both her mind and her duty as a huntress adequately for the time being.

The girl proceeded forward, deliberately rendering herself oblivious to everything that was happening around her. She didn't want to get involved with anything right now; or more accurately, anyone. Her heart oozed with a thick venom, causing bitter thoughts to flow throughout her mind. Sometimes it felt like it were an unspoken law for at least one person in the tribe to deliberately and indiscriminately piss her off on a regular basis. A humoured idea as it were, she couldn't even force a belated smile as her thoughts came back to that of K'rahto.
The girl would never admit it, not even to herself... but it was not just her father who had hurt her today and the denial of such only made the thought of the tia anger her more than it had any right to.

Her thoughts were soon cast aside however as numerous splotches of blood trailing along the ground caught her attention. Having making herself oblivious to all but her destination ahead she had momentarily forgotten where exactly she was. She studied the trail for a couple of seconds before realising what the source had been. Here eye lids dropped lazily over her irises as she childishly feigned disinterest in an attempt to fool herself - though ignoring the fact that she had already begun following the blood spatter. Her eyes were focused down on the sand as she walked. The dark blots of blood had fermented into a deep, near-black crimson when mixed together with the countless, parasitic grains of sand that infected it. As unhealthy an image as lost blood would generally portray, the trail was even less of a sight to behold, giving the impression that her fathers injuries were even worse than they had evidently been when she stood before him. Adamant as the girl would hold herself to her annoyance, she did well to subdue most of the anxiety that once again began to tickle inside her.

It was not until the dampened rattle of the medic tent in the evening breeze echoed loudly in her presence that her gaze was forced upward from the crimson splotches that tainted that the golden sands.

"..........."

K'nahli blinked with a moment's surprise before a familiar scowl returned to shape her eyes and furrow her brow. That's right... he was here, wasn't he? How could she have forgotten such an important fact? K'nahli's fists tightened by her side as she contained her irritation from merely having to look at the tia, forcing her gaze away from him in her moment's pause before trying to walk on past him.

"....."

Though it was no use. The girl only made it a few steps before her provoking concerns had forced her to a halt. Frustrations aside, she just nee...-   ...wanted to make sure that the old fool had gone inside to have himself tended to. It would settle her mind a little after all... yes. A perfectly, reasonable desire.

"Tia!" K'nahli snapped suddenly as she whipped around on the spot to face K'rahto. It was foolish of her to add to the tension that already existed between them but addressing him by name felt almost too familiar than the male deserved.

"My father... did he come here?"

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Clover - 07-28-2014

The familiar figure of the huntress K'nahli appeared in the Tia's field of vision. Easy to spot, impossible to ignore. She'd seen him too; oh, she did, with the expected scorn and superiority. But she wouldn't allow herself to stare at him for too long, of course not.

As K'nahli continued her path as if she'd seen nothing of interest, the Tia's eyes covertly followed her trajectory. It was then that she came to a halt. So she had something to say after all. K'rahto stared at her with an unfriendly, almost defensive expression, expecting nothing good to come out of those lips. Smart boy. When she spoke, it was nothing short of a provocation.

"........"

His scowl deepened, eyes narrowing dangerously. His words weren't a new declaration of war, however. Only his tone half was.

"...He's inside with your sister."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - K'nahli - 07-28-2014

The tia was still him usual self; spiteful, resentful... completely full of irrational and arbitrary hatred. It mattered little to K'nahli how angry and fierce he wanted to make himself look. All she wanted was an answer to her question, and eventually, she indeed got one.

"...He's inside with your sister."

K'nahli recoiled a little, unconsciously appearing a little less tense than when she had first approached K'rahto with the question. Both her shoulders and posture relaxed more as her eyes scanned briefly across the sands in thought.

("...that's good..") was her initial thought, once again trying to fool herself into believing she had no right to be truly concerned. Though she blinked hard as her thoughts stemmed away from her father now.

("..but, wait..")

("....with your sister.") K'rahto's words briefly echoed once again in her head.

"K'mih.... why is K'mih there? Is she unwell?" her question came naively with half a step forward as she contemplated peering inside without awaiting an answer from the lethargically-tongued male, losing most of the spite that had previously been burned into it before being served to K'rahto.

("she is of no use to K'zhumi... what reason could she have for being inside..?")

She honestly believed that she had no real reason to feel such a way, and it were truly as if the thought hadn't even occurred to her - but.. already, a sudden feeling of discomfort was rising through the girl.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Clover - 07-31-2014

K'rahto took the huntress' reaction as the usual paranoia she tended to display when it came to her little sister. K'nahli had always been overprotective with that girl, that much had to be obvious to any member from the tribe.

Strong as the temptation of making her uneasiness last longer was, the Tia didn't forget that his own sister was inside the tent, doing her best to treat everyone's wounds. The last thing K'zhumi needed was another useless interruption, so he decided to simply give K'nahli a honest answer.

"She's not injured," he said, arms crossed like the antisocial being he was. "She just wanted to help K'zhumi."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Nauta Lyehga - 08-03-2014

K'iara chuckled lightly, although her chuckling sounded more like a raspy choking than a chuckle. She moved to nudge her uncle with a hard shoulder before pulling her axe from her hip. The news of postponement had lightened her steps and demeanor visibly, and her ears stood atop her head both with alertness and enjoyment.

"Taking yourself a little bit too seriously?" K'iara snorted again, her daring blue eyes scanning over the horizon. "But that's a good man, wiping off all those scents and whatever tracks you left behind. " She shifted again with her unmanned hand in an effort to pat his back hard. "Go get 'em kitten. Just don't let the Amal'jaa bite your shoulder off or it won't be a very fun fight to watch! No one's seriously challenged K'yohko in a long time. Better make it a spectacular fight, or I'll be disappointed in you." K'iara turned sharply on her heel and started heading off to wave down a few huntresses.

K'yohko felt dazed and distant from the conversation finally. Even K'zhumi's screech only faintly reached him. He found himself grateful for K'mih's brief support, and he had to strain himself to sit up properly so she might scrub his wounds clean. The Nunh grunted softly at K'mih's effort and whimpering before looking more softly to her.

"K'mih..." he muttered slowly beneath his breath. "Thank you. You've done well."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Izmina - 08-04-2014

K'zhumi's eyes widened in alarm as K'yohko sagged against his daughter and she hurried to his side with her arm full of supplies. Grabbing up a vial of bright red liquid she unstoppered it and held it to his lips,"Drink this, you've lost far too much blood and this will help support your system while I work." Sparing a quick glance at the timid,pink-haired girl at his side, she flashed her a quick smile,"Good work."

She went to work on the horrific shoulder wounds, able to see down to the joint in places. She searched for and tied off the torn vessels she could find while cleansing sand and grime out of the wounds.