Hydaelyn Role-Players
Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] (/showthread.php?tid=7093)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Izmina - 05-17-2014

Dancing? K'tahjha probably looked as puzzled as she felt. "Sure, sometime. I need to stay with aunt luha now though." She peered at her sister with a curious smile. "Who's giving dance lessons out here?"

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Clover - 05-18-2014

"K'ile..." She replied, doing herself to keep her smile. This one ended up diminishing a bit as her eyes lowered slowly. To her sister's fear of fire, it was added her worry for K'luha. Really, the more K'mih heard, the worse the idea of having K'tahjha dance sounded.

"He would like us to dance at tomorrow's festival..."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Izmina - 05-18-2014

K'tahjha's smile faded and her ears drooped, she knew what kind of dancing K'ile taught. Her eyes drifted closed, brief images of burning trees passing over the closed lids. The air around Tahj seemed to get hotter stifling even. Taking a deep steadying breath she pushed away the rising sense of fear and opened her eyes, seeking her sister's gaze. "I- I can't" her voice barely a whisper.

The moment felt like a deflating balloon. K'mih's smile faded slightly, ears and tail falling down. That look in her sister's face... it was exactly the look she'd feared to see. K'ile certainly wasn't lying when he mentioned her fear of fire.

"D-don't you think it'll be fun?" She tried again, just a bit more. She did as cheerfully as she could, albeit it was clear that she was nervous. "I-I think it'll be fine... K'ile will take good care of us... Besides, I'll be with you, so you won't dance alone!"

As she spoke, she tried to figure out just how convincing her voice was sounding. Maybe not much? Would that be enough? All she actually wanted was for K'tahjha to cheer up.

K'tahjha's ears slammed flat to her skull, there was a roaring and popping sound of a large fire bouncing around in her skull. The more she thought about the idea the higher the fear rose, Tahj could feel it in the back of her throat and it became hard to swallow. Shaking her head forcefully to clear it, Tahj stared at her sister, surely K'mih had no idea what she was asking her to do.

Tahj opened her mouth to speak and nothing came out, running a shaking hand through her hair she tried again,"I-I'm sorry."

Still forcing herself to maintain the same smile, even if this one had become small and apologetic, K'mih's eyes lowered for a moment. A silent nod from her head was her initial reply. When she looked at K'tahjha again, her smile was much more sincere.

"It's alright, you don't have to do it Tahjha, don't worry. Will you watch me dance at the feast and tell me if I did right? It'll be the first time for me and I don't know if I'll be good, ehehe..."

Making fists to steady her shaking hands, Tahj involuntarily took a few steps backwards away from her sister, eyeing her like she might produce flames out of then air. After an uncomfortably long period of silence to collect herself, Tahj gave K'mih a shaky smile, "I'll try. You'll be awesome at it."

K'mih's lips parted slightly, her smile gone for good. Has she hurt K'tahjha that much? Would her sister start relating her to something scary and hateful? Perhaps she might not even want to attend the feast, knowing there'd be fire in it. Even after hearing that K'tahjha was afraid, K'mih didn't imagine her phobia would be this strong.

Guilty bicolour eyes moved to the ground again. The girl offered her sister a respectful bow, before she started walking away, dejected. She still had to dance and shouldn't think much. She had to dance for father.

As K'mih walked away Tahj spun around to escape to the safety of the tent and her aunt. Her mind whirling furiously, Why? She was sure out here where there were no trees to burn, that the nightmares wouldn't follow her. Tears beginning to stream down her face, Tahj lowered her self to curl up carefully next to her aunt, letting her tears dry against Luha's shirt.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Nauta Lyehga - 05-18-2014

K'luha stirred faintly when she felt something wet on her chest. There was a soft groan, followed by a very clumsily maneuvering of her tail that lightly hit Tahj's leg. Luha turned her head towards Tahj. She could make out a hazy outline of the girl next to her, but even without sight she knew who it was. She was unsure as to why she was crying, but she knew it was Tahj. A clumsy hand followed her tail and placed itself softly on Tahj's shoulder.

"Hey..." Luha murmured wearily. She experimented with lightly rubbing Tahj's shoulder to comfort her. The small movement was kind of awkward for her to try at first, but the feeling was very slowly coming back to her hand. "Tahj, it's okay..." Luha muttered again. It seemed impossible to raise her voice above a whisper. "Everything's... gonna be okay now.... okay?" K'luha tried to move her face into a smile, which proved exceedingly difficult. But she managed an awkward soft smile for Tahj however.

K'iara took a deep breath. She sat down cross legged in her tent, frowning at the ground. Why was it that her Uncle was so stubborn about these things? Why was it that after all these years he suddenly wanted to be a Nunh!? That kind of came from nowhere. K'ile was so random...

Grumping to herself, K'iara pulled off her sweaty hunting clothing. It was similar to the subligar but was made of extremely lightweight leather that helped keep the sun off her. Luckily, her skin was dark enough that she could probably go naked and only get a 1st degree burn. It would be cold soon as the sun set, and it was getting to be close to that time.

K'iara scrubbed herself with some soap weed to get the smell of the failed hunt off before she pulled on a lightweight robe. She shook the sand from her hair as well and tried to brush through it with her hands. It lay somewhat tamed for the moment. Mildly satisfied, K'iara stood from her tent and exited. Her axe sat on the sand outside her tent, and K'iara leaned down to pick it up and hang it off her hip again. Her throat was still hurting terribly. Talking would be hard... K'iara let out a silent sigh. She would have to go bother Zhumi...

K'tahjha blinked as she felt a light touch on her leg followed by her shoulder. She wiped at her eyes, red and swollen from crying, but managed a bright smile for K'luha, happy to see her aunt waking up and  looking much better. Tahj caught the seeking hand in her own and squeezed it lightly. "Yes, I'm ok now. Do you think you can drink a little water? I should run by our tent and get you something to wear also." Should any of the males walk in the tent Tahj felt sure her aunt would not want to be naked.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Twinflame - 05-19-2014

Evening brought with it preparations for cold weather. The reasonable members of the tribe were donning heavier garments; K'ile was not one of those people. He dressed the same in heat and in cold, in the desert or at an oasis. But he would at least draw close to the fires once they were lit. In addition to cooking meals, the fires were all bu prerequisite for making it through the night without becoming ill. The tents were situated in small groups of three or four around small bonfires, and once they'd burned out, the coals would be gathered in clay bowls so that the heat could be carried into the tents and ward away the cold.

K'ile didn't know where K'iara's tent was settled now; every time the tribe migrated, things tended to move a bit. Luckily, he didn't have to look far. The woman -- like a thin, female version of his dead brother -- cast a long evening shadow in the red light as she trudged through the sand in his direction. Feeling a moment of anxiety, K'ile bit it away. He was just going to apologize. How could he mess that up? Knowing him, he'd find a way.

"K'iara!" K'ile waved over his head to beckon her. "Two minutes? I just need two minutes."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Nauta Lyehga - 05-19-2014

K'luha smiled herself, numbly feeling a hand around her own. Tahj was such a good girl. She shouldn't cry. She deserved not to have to cry anymore. Luha grumbled a little at the mention of water. Yeah, she could probably do for some water. And as the evening wore on, it was bound to get cold. She could already feel a faint draft on her exposed skin.

"Yeah..." Luha murmured. "Maybe a blanket or something.... I could... drink too..." Luha nodded lazily, her eyes closing again. "Still awake, just... drowzy..." she hummed softly, her voice trailing off like she forgot what she was saying.

K'iara paused in her stride, looking to the source of the voice. K'ile? She hadn't really thought he would... then again he was a mystery to her. Both her father and uncle were mysteries she would probably never unravel. Her ears half turned down and she put her hands on her hips, but stopped walking.

She looked up at him somewhat expectantly, but not angrily. K'iara might have spoke if her throat did not hurt so badly. But K'ile would know that much, wouldn't he? He... did remember that she had problems talking after the Calamity... right?

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Twinflame - 05-19-2014

"K'iara," K'ile said her name as he approached her again, smiled, then decided smiling was inappropriate and averted his eyes while making a very straight face. "Uhm." Something about trying to make a straight face made it very difficult to do so, and he ended up smiling again, though his brow dipped in vexation. Pain in his ear let him know that he was pulling on his ear, so he stopped, and then noticed his tail was shivering behind him as well so he swung it a few times to make it stop.

"Uhm, sorry," He finally said, dipping his head a bit, looking up through the veil of red hair at the woman. She was hard to look at because she looked so much like his brother. It made him nervous, so he smiled a bit more. "Really. I didn't mean to make you angry. I'm just doing the best I can to do the... best I can!"

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Izmina - 05-19-2014

K'tahjha smiled happily at her aunt, gently placing the hand she was holding down, and scrambling off to their tent. Sorting through the few clothes K'luha had left behind, Tahj found a comfortable looking robe and grabbed a blanket. She then headed past the supply tent to fill a water skin and grab a small piece of dried meat, knowing her aunt needed a bit of food to regain her strength and finish healing.

Returning to the medical tent, Tahj peeked over and noted K'zhumi still sleeping heavily. Knowing the shaman must be exhausted Tahj tip toed quietly to K'luha's side and sat down her bundle of stuff. Reaching out to smooth a few stray locks of her aunt's hair, Tahj murmured quietly,"Awake? I brought you a few things."