Hydaelyn Role-Players
Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] (/showthread.php?tid=7093)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Nauta Lyehga - 05-19-2014

K'iara looked plainly at K'ile. It was almost painful to watch him fidget like that. It seemed to her that he was trying to crawl out of his own skin to avoid looking at her. She tried to remember if it had always been like this between them, but she couldn't really recall anything with much clarity from beyond the last five years.

The taller huntress sighed at his apology. She glanced away. She couldn't watch him be so painfully awkward towards her. She wished she had more of her father in her. Maybe she might understand him more then. Maybe she could use humor to deflate the situation. But she was a miserable failure at joking around and her jokes just made things more awkward and it hurt her throat to tell them anymore.

"I know..." Her voice was very small and hoarse sounding. K'iara put a hand to her throat to try and soothe the pain. She glanced back to K'ile like she wanted to say more, but looked to the floor instead with a hand still on her throat.

K'luha half fell asleep while Tahj was off. Only to wake up again briefly with the girl returned. She blinked herself awake and grumbled a little.

"Kind of. What... did you bring?"

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Izmina - 05-19-2014

In response to her aunt's question, Tahj held up the blanket and the warm robe she'd found,"This looks comfortable and might not be too hard to slip into?" She carefully set them down at Luha's side and offered the waterskin,"I brought a small bit of dried meat, it would help you get your strength back if you can nibble on it." She then settled back and waited patiently to assist her aunt with which ever she wanted first.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Twinflame - 05-19-2014

"I'm sorry. You don't need to say anything." This apology came easier because K'ile actually knew what he was apologizing for. He shifted to one side, turning away from K'iara to meander around her. "I'm going to get some huntresses to start preparing for the feast. You had a good idea to use the food on the trip. We'll set some aside. It'll just be a little feast tomorrow, and then we'll have a great big one when we get to Drybone. Does that sound better?"

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Xha'li Moui - 05-20-2014

Xha'li nodded respectfully "Of course, what ever makes you feel more comfortable."  Reaching up to stroke Rin over his eyebrow Xha'li glanced skyward at the rapidly descending sun.  Shrugging his shoulders before stretching them out he reached out to a small piece of bone in both chocobo's bridles situated at the back of the head and touched them causing a small change in his aetheric flow as if a spell had been terminated.

Turning back towards K'nahli he spoke softly, "Are you going to be warm enough in that once the sun fully sets?"

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - K'nahli - 05-22-2014

A gentle smirk cracked across the girl's expression in response to the male's simple question - finding herself somewhat entertained by it's innocence - before she, in turn, gave her answer.

"I'd save all concerns for yourself were I you, outsider" she replied cutely without so much as looking back toward Li as she continued to walk away. Raising her right arm up a little past her shouder, she presented the back of her hand to Li in a gesture of farewell as she proceeded away quietly, leaving the male alone to his own preoccupations.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Nauta Lyehga - 05-24-2014

K'iara brightened faintly, her ears perking up at K'ile's acknowledgement. It wasn't what she had hoped but, it was something. It mostly proved to her that he had listened, and that of itself seemed like a blessing from Azyema.

"It does." K'iara croaked back towards K'ile, a hand coming up to grasp her throat faintly. It hurt terribly to talk, but K'ile was facing the opposite direction and she didn't feel like running around in front of him to nod. K'iara turned herself, facing towards the Zhumi's tent. She needed some herbs for her throat and K'ile no doubt seemed busy now with his insane preparations. But at least, she was satisfied knowing there would be food for awhile.

Luha examined the robe and blanket distantly. They looked warm, and she was starting to feel rather cold. When Tahj placed the blanket down, Luha lazily reached out and grasped at it, pulling it over her body and settling under its warmth. That was better. She could put the robe on later, but the blanket was good for now. The smell of food from home perked her sense immediately and she also grasped out at the small bit of food from Tahj to nibble on.

"Thank you Tahj... " Luha smiled warmly at her niece, moving to nibble on the food with a much clearer head.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Izmina - 05-24-2014

K'tahjha beamed at her aunt, very happy to see her alert and eating a bit. Tahj fussed with the blanket making sure it covered K'kuha's feet and tucking it around snugly. After making sure the water was close enough to reach without moving, she snuggled down against her aunt's uninjured side, yawning sleepily. "I missed you."

Waking from her deep sleep, K'zhumi looked over to her patient and smiled. Tahj makes a good assistant, she thought. Careful not to disturb the pair she carefully reached under the blanket to check on the hip, nodding in satisfaction. Then returned to her table to restock and sort herbs and medicines for the next use.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Clover - 05-25-2014

Unable to shake the memory of K'tahjha's hurt expression from her head, K'mih walked to the elders' tent with ears and tail down. Her first mission, albeit unsuccessful, had been completed. The next task was by no means easier; she'd have to approach the elders in such a tense moment, with a stranger in the camp and a severely injured huntress. Perhaps tomorrow's feast would be the least of their concerns right now, and she certainly wouldn't want to bother them at such a time if it depended on her. But it didn't.

Her steps stopped at the entrance of the elders' tent. She stared at it for a moment, inhaling deeply and nervously. Then, she got the courage to lift the courtain slightly and let her voice be heard.

"V-venerable elders... I'm K'mih Yohko, I come in K'ile's name," she announced her presence without daring as much as to even peek inside until she was told to. "May I speak to you for a moment...?"

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Xha'li Moui - 05-27-2014

"I'm used to the cold" Xha'li said softly as K'nahli walked away before shrugging and making sure his chocobo's were properly secured.  Patting Rin and Fubuki softly he retrieved a small bowl from his packs along with one of his water skins and brought it over to the birds setting it down he filled it from the sac before taking a sip himself before wandering to the nearest fire and sitting down as he idly began to hum a soft tune.

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Naunet - 05-27-2014

K'ile Tia had left a palpable silence in his wake when he left the elders' tent. It weighed down their fragile bones, dragged on their flesh like weights to draw out and deepen the cracked folds of wrinkled skin. With the tia gone, K'jhanhi seemed to fold over himself, spine buckling until he looked like a shadow creature crouched in the sand, his wiry limbs circled about him. Yellow eyes watched forward, towards the thin lines of light where the skin of the tent broke.

"This could bring hope to our family," K'deiki's weary voice floated from another shadow. "Remind them of the ways of things, that our path is not lost."

"Or it could do nothing but waste our precious resources and energy." The former nunh's eyes became nearly lost in his frown.

More silence followed. The debate was over with, for now.

The three remaining elders of the Sagolii tribe had just begun the preparations for their evening rites when a soft voice intruded upon their lair. Three pairs of eyes turned towards the sliver of light at the entrance, bodies leaning in suspended action before all three returned to their work.

It was K'deiki who spoke, after a time, she being closest to the doorway. "Come in, dear," she almost smiled at the young K'mih's voice as her gnarled hands worked drawing symbols in the sand. "And watch your step."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Clover - 05-28-2014

K'deiki's voice sounded welcoming, even warm behind the doorway. It made K'mih slightly less nervous. At the warning to watch her step, she blinked and started by taking a look inside before venturing further, effectively spotting the symbols the old woman was drawing in the sand.

The girl took a single and careful step inside, enough to find herself in the intimacy of the elder's tents without disturbing their work. She bowed respectfully to them before she spoke, polite and a bit shy. No eye contact was made.

"K'ile has asked me to dance tomorrow in his place... If you approve of me for the task, I would like to request a firedancing stone."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Twinflame - 05-29-2014

K'takka slid out of the darkness like a lizard from under a rock, the slits of her eyelids growing as though she were looking on the moon for the first time. She shook dirt from her claws, the single dark, disfigured finger twitching, shivering, rigid and crooked. Her thin face twisted in a smile, features cracking in half-molted layers. Her tattoos seemed to push outward upon the lines of age that clung to her skull.

Hunched low and weary before K'mih, K'takka's smile showed her crooked, darkened teeth. "K'mih. You needn't be so reluctant to enter. It's been so long since I've seen you! You're growing by the fulm." She reached out with her mangled hand to pull K'mih further into the tent, quick as a viper, gentle as a mother cat, weak as a brittle sapling. "Don't worry about that Tia, girl. You're the daughter of K'yohko Nunh! Ask of us, daughter, but let me see you smile."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Clover - 05-29-2014

K'takka's words were reassuring; her smile, contagious. Albeit still shyly, K'mih smiled back at the old woman, at the warmth she was treating her with. The girl had seen the elders angry before. She knew of their unforgiving nature, and she'd always felt lucky not to be the target of their severity. They were very different with her, all kindness and smiles, for she'd never done anything wrong.

Yes, submission was always the best path to take. The elders, her father, K'nahli... everyone -no matter how cold or distant or severe- would continue looking at her kindly so long as she kept being a good girl.

"I want... my father to be proud of me tomorrow," she admitted, using the chance that he'd been mentioned. A sweet daughter who wanted to be her father's pride. There was nothing wrong with that. Nothing at all. "I'm willing to work hard to learn."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Naunet - 05-30-2014

K'deiki's hands continued to work in the sand while her withered face turned towards the girl; she could not see much of either truly, but the former she knew by heart and the latter she could smell and hear, two things that painted a far better picture of Yohko's child than any vision. Her fingers, curled and stiff light gnarled tree branches, made slow, rhythmic lines as she spoke, "Family is the truest of all motivations one might have to take up the duty of our ancestors. From family, to family. It's all that keeps us alive in this place."

Her bony, brittle wrist, the skin shrunken up around it, flicked and sent a spray of sand across what she had been drawing. "How are you faring, dear?" Her body shifted, settled impossibly further into the cloth that all but swaddled her. "We have seen no small amount of unrest these days."

RE: Feast and Firedancing [K-tribe] - Clover - 06-03-2014

K'mih's eyes brightened at K'deiki's words. Family was the most important, what kept the tribe alive; that could only mean that her devotion was perfectly justified and normal. Why had K'ile told her that her mere thoughts were wrong, when they came from the very first lesson she was taught?

The elder's next question made her a bit nervous, for she realized they hadn't actually agreed to give her the stone. Were they having doubts? Or perhaps she was reading too much into it? She tried not to press the matter and follow their conversation. They were being kind to her, after all. She shouldn't be concerned...

"I'm worried about K'luha..." she replied honestly, ears dropping slightly. "Ah... Everyone is, I guess. But... if we are celebrating a feast tomorrow, it can only mean that the chance for her to recover is high... isn't it?"