Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello! New Player and RPer! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello! New Player and RPer! (/showthread.php?tid=7117)

Hello! New Player and RPer! - Jancis - 05-08-2014

Hello!

I play Jancis Milburga on the Balmung server. I'm new to the Final Fantasy realm all around and have been playing for almost two months casually. I'm enjoying the game and the overall concept and really interested in having role play adventures and connections.

I've played other games in the past include WoW, LotRO, private NWN servers, and even MUDs. I've also done forum role play particularly about the Dragonriders of Pern.

Really excited to become a small part of the forum board and make some new friends. ^_^

RE: Hello! New Player and RPer! - Zhavi - 05-08-2014

Pern! ;_; wahhh, McCaffery

Welcome to the RPC! FFXIV really is a nice game to ease into, and it's so pretty! Here's to lots of awesome rp and new friends! (also, don't be shy about creating a wiki profile for your character if you haven't already Smile )

RE: Hello! New Player and RPer! - Merri - 05-08-2014

Welcome to the RPC~

Glad to have you with us. If you have any questions at all about the game, it's lore, or anything at all related to roleplay in Eorzea, don't hesitate to snoop around or make a post. Lots of information floating around here, and there's plenty of us willing to answer your questions as best we can!

RE: Hello! New Player and RPer! - Jancis - 05-14-2014

Thank you for the positive feedback!

This website has helped me get a free company and now that I understand what a linkshell is I'm hoping to come across more of those and expand my horizons and meet more people.

I created a wiki page for my character and I've honestly been struggling with her. I'm not sure if it's a mix of being new/leveling and learning, but her persona is difficult to intermingle with people so far. I've put her background as a secluded war victim that has grown up to find hope in the twelve and devoted her life to assisting those who fight and protect the innocent.

She has high morals but she is not a paladin/Sultansworn and I'm not sure if that's a good mix. 

The wiki is linked in my signature. Any advice would be most welcome.

RE: Hello! New Player and RPer! - Gray - 05-14-2014

Hello and welcome.

Your character wiki is looking good, and I see no reason it isn't a good mix.  One need not be a paladin to have a high moral standard.  And her turning to the Twelve after being a victim of war is entirely reasonable.  When people have nowhere tangible to turn, they often turn to the untangible.  In real life for sure, so there's no problem with it in game.

Overall, you've given people a clear idea of your character without weighing it down or padding it, and you've left yourself lots of room to grow.  Well done.

I cannot help you with linkshells, as I no longer belong to any, but I'm always looking for more potetial rps.  If you ever find you'd like to, I'm usually available.