Hydaelyn Role-Players
Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] (/showthread.php?tid=7133)

Pages: 1 2 3

Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Zhavi - 05-10-2014

Zhavi waited, back to the wall and eyes on the door. Stone Keep wasn't her usual fare. It was a step above the places she typically frequented, catering to those who tended to offer jobs rather than take them. It was crummy, sure, but it was the nice sort of crummy that spoke of faded grandeur and small wealth. Her kind wasn't welcome within its white-stone walls edged with marble and draped in carefully kept wall hangings. It was why she'd spent good coin at the ragpickers to dress herself in something that would allow her entrance and wouldn't see her booted out in the first five minutes. She'd have worn Joz's clothing but, yeah, that was a short fall to disaster. Mixing jobs was never good.

She was three drinks in, the edges of the buzz just starting to make itself present. The fourth drink she was taking her time with, nursing it so she could keep herself alert and on guard for her quarry. She knew that the 'tender was eyeing her up and thinking real hard about whether or not she should be left or spoken to. It was exactly for that reason that Zhavi had taken a long dip in the water, for all it was ruttin' freezing. She smelled of the sea, perfumed by the stink of fish and marine life, all salty powerful. But not offensive to sailors or dockmen. Naw, it was herself that was offensive: she'd look bedraggled even with a fresh coat of polish and spitshine to boot. She couldn't help that.

Normally, she wouldn't even try. But caught between her jobs as she was, short on sleep and a long list of things that needed doing, she didn't have much of a choice. Brindle had done his part tailing Maioh, and now it was her turn to ply the connection and work their target from another angle.

Enduring hostile stares and the occasional mutter wasn't new to Zhavi. She gritted her teeth, kept her expression bland, and waited. It was only a matter of time.

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Gray - 05-10-2014

The trio made their way through the low roads, intent on their destination, and not much else.  An Elezen male, a Roegadyn female of the Sea Wolf heritage, and a Highlander male.  They weren't the cleanest, most well kempt group, especially after just making port.  However, they were a world above the lice-ridden guttertrash that called the area home.  Still, they were pirates.  Though they were conscious of their appearance and hygiene, they didn't exactly have access to the most high quality of amenities

The captain hated it.  This part of low town was absolutely disgusting.  The sea air mixed with the filth of the lowlives and their abhorrent living conditions ensured the air was laden with a constant stench.  It smelled like bilge that hadn't been drained or cleaned in a long time.  Could't be helped.  There was no "good" way to reach the place they were going.

"Eyyy, Beautiful.  Come on, why you always gotta be such a tease.  It ain't right, I tell ya.  It ain't right at all."  The Highlander man said, directing is attention to the Roegadyn woman walking next to him.  Clearly, he had something of a thing for her.  Or maybe he was just a womanizer.  He wasn't a bad looking fellow.  For a highlander, he was quite...classy looking, aside from the scar and the tattoo.  His facial hair was neatly trimmed, and his hair pulled up and back, with a braid hanging in either side just in front of the ear.  Over his right eye was a straight scar.
[Image: Ringo_zps8cc4eb1c.png]
Ringo Wolf...  

Ships cook... 

Man...  Fighter...  Lover...  

Or so he wishes...

"What are you talking about, Ringo?  Are you accusing me of such childishness -again-?  I told you already.  My appearance is my own.  I didn't grow boobs just so horny guys could fantasize about them.  I'm a woman.  They sort of pop out on their own.  Although..."  She hooked a finger into her top. Typical Roegadyn casual wear, so her chest was visible, and upon it, a pair of fairly average sized breasts.  The object of Ringos increasing intoxication, as she pulled the top down, juuuust enough to almost catch a glimpse of nipple.  But not quite.  She gave Ringo a playful smirk, and a little wink.  Yeah, she was messing with him.  "They -are- quite a sight to behold, even so."  She was a pretty attractive woman.  Off white skin.  Shoulder length hair pulled back, white with just a slight tint of blue.  She had a scar over her eye, just like Ringo, only hers was on the left eye.
[Image: Snoe_zps0c27c5e6.png]
Snoewyb Merlspyrwyn...

First Mate...

Ship security and crew training...

Right hand of the Captain...

"Waaaaaa~!"  Ringo shouted, falling right into her trap.  He leaned closer, his eyes aflame with perverse desire.  His hands raised, fingers wiggling, ready to dive in.  Was this it?  Was he going to get that which he so coveted?  His lips puckered, and he made kissie noises as he drew closer....and finally, his face met with her flesh.  The flesh of her fist,right where her chest was moments ago.

"No chance."  The Roegadyn lady said, grinning.  "Honestly, Ringo, you're so damn easy.  What are you gonna do if you ever have to fight a woman?"

"Foiled...again..."  Ringo said in disappointment and pain, as his nose had been flattened.

Suddenly, the man just behind them pushed between them and walked past them, to the front.  An Elezen male with long hair, very dark reddish black hair, smooth, shoulder length, with the bangs hanging freely on either side of his face.  "Knock it off,you two.  We're here."  He said.  The large axe on his back was a dead giveaway.
[Image: Caereyn_zps6efe0b29.png]
Caereyn Doendragasyn ...

Aka "Nice Guy"...

Captain of the Nice Guy pirate crew, and the vessel "Sunset Chaser"...

A surgeon with the greataxe...

He stood in front of the doors, and looked back at the two of them.  "Let's go in before we catch some kind of disease out here, hmm?"  He said, and pushed the door open before walking in.

Ringo looked at Snoe and shrugged.  "What's with the captain?"  He asked.

"How should I know?  I'm not his lover.  Anyway, let's go inside.  I'm thirsty."  Snoe answered.

The two of them followed him in, and shut the door.

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Zhavi - 05-10-2014

He wasn't alone. That wasn't a problem; it was an irritation. Another level of something she had to work through. Gods, but she was tired. If only she could just go to sleep until it was all over, with a bag full of gil and a boost to her reputation. Hah. She smirked at her inner humor, knowing it to be a product of exhaustion and too much trouble. It wasn't funny. She wasn't funny.

The drink was left on the table, still mostly full, as Zhi rose from her spot along the wall and ambled to intersect her target and his cronies. She shuffled what she knew of them to the front of her mind. Stand upright. Shoulders back. Chin up. Business face on; he likely wouldn't respond well to her usual cocky grin and bad attitude. Rein it in, girl, and don't feck it up.

The captain and his crewmen wouldn't have made it more than four steps inside before Zhi's path crossed theirs. She planted herself before them, not quite facing them full on. A scrawny little thing -- all skin and bones, if one was being caustic about it -- with rough hair and skin, and the sort of body language that found itself right at home in the worst parts of town. Bold. Confident. Ready to take the world head on, if need be. Judging by the small scars and marks that marred her skin, perhaps she had, in bits and pieces.

"Buy ye a drink?" She only looked at the Captain, didn't acknowledge his crew. Her business was with him -- the rest was incidental. Unimportant. She lifted her left hand and rubbed the tip of her ring finger against her thumb: sign lingo for dealmaking.

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Gray - 05-10-2014

The group quickly came to a halt as they entered, being "blocked" by this miqo'te.  Snoe stopped at Caers side, but Ringo, likely favoring his nose, or still stuck in whatever fantasy she had afflicted him with, bumped into Caer, causing him to jar forward, just a bit, then finally notice the encounter.  Ringo looked to Snoe, who gave a single nod, and the two of them departed from their captains side to go find a drink away from him.  They knew the drill.

Caereyn looked down at her with an near expressionless face.  It could almost be seen as a look of contempt, even anger.  But then his expression softened, and he offered something of a smile.  Though it wasn't one of warmth, or happiness.  More like one of some sort of interest.  The truth was, she did't need to offer a special sign.  The fact that she stopped him less than three seconds after he entered was enough of a tell that she had business with him.

"A drink, yes.  I'd be much obliged to you."  He answered.

Meanwhile, Snoe and Ringo had settled at the bar, the farthest end across the room.

"Wonder what sort of snore-inducing thing this'll be."  Ringo said.

"We'll see soon enough.  You know the drill."  Snoe answered.

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Zhavi - 05-12-2014

Zhi watched Doendragasyn with some care, her own expression unchanging. She inclined her head, and then jerked it towards her own seat at the bar. The Keep was not a very large establishment; it was an intimate setting for those who had quiet, sensitive words to say to each other. Given those who patronized it, this is what had helped to stand it above the others in the area. From it humble beginnings, it had risen to something of prominence in the area. That was what kept it clear of roaming jacks. Palms were greased, and activity in and around the Keep was kept subtle enough to make all and sundry happy with the arrangements that had been made.

Which was why Zhavi, even cleaned up from her natural state, was warily watched by the Keep's various staff. She looked like trouble, and trouble was simply not entertained there.

Still, Doendragasyn's appearance and easy agreement to drink with her went some way towards pacifying the staff, and as Zhi wandered by the bar to signal for a wench, she did not earn the sneer that had accompanied her earlier requests. And though her ears flicked towards Doendragasyn's crewmen, she made no indication whether or not she had heard their exact words. Instead, she went back to her table and sat, kicking out the chair opposite her own in wordless invitation.

"Ye run a tight ship," she said to him, tone conversationally bland.

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Gray - 05-12-2014

Caer watched as she motioned to her seat, and without so much as a nod, he followed her.  He was pretty familiar with this establishment, as he'd conducted business here numerous times.  He wasn't famous or anything, but people knew who he was here, for the most part, and what he did.  This was his kind of place in lowtown.  The common riff raff stayed away, which was just how he liked it.  They weren't good for business.  Untrustworthy.  Unreliable.  He knew that a large portion were people who slipped through the cracks, and had no other means to survivie.  They were mostly just trying to live to see the next day.  This is what made them unreliable.  They had no vision.  No goal.  Just to survive.  At any cost.

Caer wasn't like that.  He had vision.  Purpose.  Will.  His crew had it as well.  Those were the people he could rely on.  Those were the people who he knew weren't just looking to get something from him.  They shared a vision with him, and believed in him.

The chair slid out as Zhi kicked it, inviting him to join her.  He rested his hand on it for a long moment, fingers arched over the top.  He studied her for a nearly as long moment, before answering as he sat.

"Something like that, yes.  My people have earned the trust I place in them.  But surely you didn't invite me to drink with you to discuss my crews behavior."  Caer replied, leaning forwarda bit, clasping his hands, rested on the table.  He fell silent, just fixing his gaze on her.  Not in such a way as to try to intimate her.  More of a silent "I'm waiting" look.  The expression onhis face was blank, though not unpleasant.  He was feeling her out.  Seeing if she was goin to try to wait for him to come to her, so to speak, and ask what she wanted, thus, giving her some initial leverage.  It was a common practice among those around his level of the social structure.

Elsewhere, across the room, at the end of the bar, Ringo and Snoe had readied their linkpearls.  They'd be able to hear everything being said at that table.  Just in case things didn't go well.

"Captain D sure has got a way about him.  You'd think this was some big deal about to go down."  Ringo said to Snoe.

"Don't shortenhis name that way.  Butchering a Roegadyn name is disrespectful and offensive.  Doen will do, if you can't remember the whole thing."  She answered, waiting to hear something from the pearl.

"Yeah, but that sounds off.  'sides, I ain't Roegadyn, so it don't bother me."  He retorted, with a cheeky grin.

Snoe shook her head and rolled her eyes.  "You're a real pain in the ass, you know that?"

"I haven't touched your ass yet, Darling."  Ringo teased.

"If you ever do, it'll be the last thing you touch.  Adding "yet" makes it sound like you're suicidal."  Snoe snapped back, aggrivated.

Ringo gave a one-shouldered shrug.  "Might be worth it.  Sheesh, Snoe.  You're pretty uptight for a pirate, y'know?"

As the two of them continued their banter, Caer still sat at the table, silently, feeling Zhi out.

It was natural for both sides in a parley to want to feel as if they held the advantage. Typically, it wasn't something Zhi needed much to worry about; her usual transactions were clear cut. Her employers paid for a service. She was paid for her service. The end. But information -- there was a reason why Zhi had started pushing to broaden her own influence and reputation in lowtown and even higher.

"The way yer crew acts is part of yer own rep, innit?" The question was left offhand, Zhi's posture making it known she wasn't particularly interested in the answer. "Could be I made it me business t'talk 'bout yer crew. Always int'restin' talk t'be had once a ship makes port. Those o'us left standin' dockside when th'ships go out get all manner o'curious whenever one makes dock.

"Ain't none o'ye made on yer own, Cap'n."

She waited, leaning back in her chair. She kept her hands above the table, resting them there as if they belonged: as if that was how she always sat. Certainly, she seemed relaxed enough within the establishment, though she was by no means a frequent visitor.

A slight smile crept across Caers face.  She was better than he expected.  Now he grew a bit more curious.  Just what was it she wanted from him, exactly?  Often, the manner in which a person attempted to get what they wanted would speak more clearly than the words they used.

"Indeed, your words ring true.  And I know my crew is worthy of my trust, in that respect."  He leaned back some, un-clasping his hands, his left dropping below the dable, just resting on his lap.  The right lay nearly flat ont he table.  "So, you're wondering about my last voyage, are you?  Curious about the way we do things out on the sea?"

He chuckled a bit.

"In any case, you're right about that as well.  None of us are made on our own."

Zhi shrugged, a small smile answering his. "Ye ply th'space between, hey? Th'blind spot betwixt th'barons an' th'lowly gutterspites. Ye been noticed, lately. There's some what say ye were spit out o'th'sea. An' yer crew, well, they're real careful, ain't they? On th'whole."

Caer leaned back forward, resting his arms on the table again.  "Is that so?  You seem to be quite informed.  Ah, but then information is part of your work, isn't it, miss Kink.  Whatever spat me out, caution is just part of the job.  My crew understands this as well.  I'd be interested to know in what way and by who that I've been noticed."

Across the room, Snoe raised a brow at the comment.

"Well, that's something, at least."  She said.

"Yeah, I hope Captain D didn't piss off somebody he shouldn't have.  He's tough and all, but we both know there's a lot tougher guys out there."  Ringo replied.

"A real show of faith in your captain, Ringo.  Commendable."  Snow answered sardonically.

"Just bein realistic is all, Sweet Thing.  We all gotta go at our own pace.  You overstep your bounds, and you're in for a world of hurt.  Just don't want nothin bad to happen to the crew."  Ringo explained.

Zhavi's ears twitched occasionally, rotating this way and that to cover the whole of the room. She did not look away from Droendragasyn. Her smile broadened slightly at his naming of her, and she inclined her head towards him in recognition. "Ahh," she said, eyes half-lidded. "On th'whole, yer crew takes right care. One of 'em wandered 'cross me attention, see. I thought t'meself, now, I ain't had dealin' wi'the cap'n o'the Sunset Chaser, but I've heard o'him, like anyone wi'ears has. An' I bet meself ye'd like t'know."

Was her smile this side of smug? Maybe just a little. But none of that smile colored her tone -- her voice was low, smooth and pleasant without straying into friendly. Businesslike.

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Gray - 05-13-2014

Caer gave a slight nod at that. 

"Truly?  Surely that isn't your sole motivation for dealing with me.  I'm not so great a man that someones association would afford them any real meaure of increased status.  Perhaps you believe there's profit to be had in dealing with me?"

His expression remained pleasant enough, though neutral.

"In reality, I am just a mere pirate, like so many others.  I would be interested to hear about how one of my crew "wandered across your attention", as you put it."

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Zhavi - 05-13-2014

"I've got me own interests 'cross th'city, though ye know that." Zhi watched a wench approach -- finally! -- to see what Droendragasyn wanted to order. She leaned into her hands, her ribs pressing into the table's edge. "Might be there's summat of interest fer both o'us, wi'yer man's wand'rin'. But ye know me type, hey? I don't sing fer th'pleasure o'me own voice."

She leaned back, lifting one hand to wave off the wench's attention. "Whatever he wants."

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Zhavi - 05-15-2014

((the following is rp that was done in game))

[18:28]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Doman Ale, if you would be so kind.

[18:30]Caereyn Doendragasyn looks back to Zhavi. "Fair enough. I've already gotten a free drink. Anything else is just a bonus."

[18:31]Caereyn Doendragasyn: My crewmen are all capeable of showing a measure of restraint. It's why they are with me, and not on witha bunch of flea-bitten bilge rats.

[18:31]Zhavi Streetrunner: || The wench half-curtsied to Caer. After shooting one last uncertain glance at Zhi, she retreated back behind the bar. Zhi watched her go. She raised an eyebrow at Caer. "Ye do lots o'business wi' merchants in town, aye? Could be we've. . .mutual stakes."

[18:32]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Perhaps. However, there's the matter of whether o rnot what you have to tell me is worth any time, or gil.

[18:33]Zhavi Streetrunner: "Did I ask ye fer gil? Nahh, we're jes chattin', see?"

[18:33]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Then what manner of payment do you take?

[18:35]Zhavi Streetrunner grinned and drummed her fingers on the edge of the table. "Fair trade's all I'm askin'. "

[18:35]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Then you presume to have something I want, and that I have something of equal value that you want.

[18:37]Zhavi Streetrunner: "Who's t'say, eh?" Zhi's gaze wandered away from Caer and back to the bar. "Ye hear talk, I'm sure, same as meself. There's been some trouble brewin' wi'the whores' rings. Aye?"

[18:38]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Yes, I may have heard something or other about that. Surely you're not suggesting my man is tied to it?

[18:39]Zhavi Streetrunner tilted her head first one way, then the other. "Somethin' like that."

[19:05]Caereyn Doendragasyn: The affairs of Limsas whorehouses are not my concern. Unless it becomes a threat to the integrity of my crew, and my business.

[19:06]Zhavi Streetrunner: "Yer business, an' that o'yer crewman -- why else would I stick me nose in yer affairs if I didn't think it o'concern to ye?"

[19:07]Zhavi Streetrunner tutted, looking Caer up and down, "disappointin' ye have so little faith in me name."

[19:21]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Faith is for those who lack purpose and will. I have faith in nothing. Trust is another story, but that needs to be earned. I know who you are, but that is nothing to me, personally. I don't usually. deal on such a low level. I am making an exception because you were courteous.

[19:24]Zhavi Streetrunner gauged Caer in silence for a few moments. She folded her hands atop the table, and lifted her chin. Her smile became less buoyant, and more polite. "Ye provide luxury goods t'some merchants, who rely on ye fer their custom. They sell much o'that bulk t'the rings. If th'rings're at odds wi'each other, an' they think ye playin' favorites, ye'll be boycotted. I can steer ye true if ye return information fer me. Fair?"

[19:29]Caereyn Doendragasyn: I cannot force my goods on anyone. And I do not sell directly to them. I sell higher up the chain. To people who will simply sell the goods elsewhere. One or two whorehouses will do very little to hurt me. You must understand something. I am not doing business with them. -They- are doing business with -me-. Still...if one of my own has put himself in such a position as to have even a small effect on the status quo, I mak ei tmy business to know. Very well then, let's see if we can make a deal.

[19:34]Zhavi Streetrunner inclined her head. "As ye say, but even if they're sellin' elsewhere, ain't like there's another market like the whores' waitin' t'gobble up th'fancy stuff. Yer merchants'd have t'sell further afield, meanin' yer profits would drop. Don't downplay what 'tis I'm offerin' t'ye. Aye, we can deal, but ain't jes me standin' t'make profit here."

[19:36]Caereyn Doendragasyn: I'm listening. You still haven't told me what it is you want, specifically.

[19:38]Zhavi Streetrunner: "Ye have dealin's wi'a merchant by th'name o'Maioh. I want yer take on her, yer dealin's, t'start."

[19:42]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Ah, I know the one, yes. I do not deal with her personally, but the person I do deal with deals with her.

[19:43]Caereyn Doendragasyn: My goods funnel through him, down to her, and then to the Heavens Gate.

[19:43]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Though she's selling something more interesting lately, but that's enough for now. Your turn.

[19:44]Zhavi Streetrunner: "One o'yer men has a taste fer one o'Thatcher's whores. It's been noticed. By more'n jes me, as it happens."

[19:46]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Hmm...

[19:46]Caereyn Doendragasyn leans back a bit and closes his eyes in thought, remaining silent for a long moment.

[19:47]Zhavi Streetrunner waits, eyes on Doendragasyn.

[19:49]Caereyn Doendragasyn: If true, that could indeed be a problem. Personal attatchment has no place in this line of business. Tell me which of my men you are talking about, and I will tell you more about Maioh.

[19:51]Zhavi Streetrunner: "An' after? Might be I got need fer a . . .reliable source hereabouts, wi'the merchants. An' in return. . ." she shrugged, eyebrows rising, "could be there's things yer wantin' a better knowin' 'bout."

[19:54]Caereyn Doendragasyn: After. If there's more business in the future, so be it. If not, so be it. However...

[19:57]Zhavi Streetrunner took a sip of her drink as she waited.

[19:58]Caereyn Doendragasyn continues to watch her,as he did early on. "I'm sorry. I believe I set my terms. You give me the name of my man, and I tell you about Maioh."

[20:00]Zhavi Streetrunner placed the drink carefully down, and then rested her hands on the table. She described the man she'd seen, and gave his name as well as the name of the companion he'd visited.

[20:01]Caereyn Doendragasyn nods. "I see. Well, now I know that you're not simply trying to put one over on me.

[20:01]Zhavi Streetrunner smirked, tipping her head forward in acknowledgement.

[20:02]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Very well. Maioh is selling sensitive information about Thatcher to her enemies.

[20:04]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Oh, now that I can't tell you, but rest assured, it's reliable information.

[20:06]Zhavi Streetrunner considered saying something, but refrained. "Do ye come across such things wi'yer other merchants so easily?"

[20:08]Caereyn Doendragasyn: You'd be surprised. A little leverage can go a long way, if applied to the right place, at the right time. Let's just say that some of my dealings are of things larger than profit, and status.

[20:09]Zhavi Streetrunner: "Yer a clever man, is what yer sayin'."

[20:11]Caereyn Doendragasyn: If i weren't, my business would stop at unloading goods for a fraction of the price to small time dealers.

[20:13]Zhavi Streetrunner snorted a laugh. "As ye say. Clever enough t'know what information Maioh is dealin'?"

[20:15]Caereyn Doendragasyn: That, I can't tell you. As I've said, I don't deal with her directly, and I've had no cause to care, though now it appears my crew and dealings are at least in a small way, involved.

[20:15]Caereyn Doendragasyn: That being the case, I believe I'll make the effort to find out.

[20:19]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Not too difficult a task, and in return, you will keep me informed of all the dealings on the bottom rung of lowtown.

[20:21]Zhavi Streetrunner: "All?" Zhi raised an eyebrow. "That'd be spillin' a lot o'secrets, Cap'n.

[20:23]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Of course, I don't need to know every time some scummer hawks a stolen wristwatch...

[20:23]Caereyn Doendragasyn: The sensitive things. When there is something that canbe used as leverage.

[20:24]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Of course, this is goigto be left up to your personal judgement.

[20:24]Zhavi Streetrunner: "Ye think there ain't much t'know? Tell ye what, ye give me an area o'concern t'match yon merchants, an' I'll keep ye informed."

[20:26]Caereyn Doendragasyn: That's fair. Alright. Any major changes in the status quo. Anything that has the potential to shift the balance. That is my price.

[20:27]Zhavi Streetrunner: "Ye've a deal, Cap'n. How long will it take ye t'scope Maioh?"

[20:27]Caereyn Doendragasyn: I can have the information you want by tomorrow evening.

[20:28]Zhavi Streetrunner tilted her chin down and looked at Caer askance. "Ye work fast," she murmured. Louder, she said, "I'll have words fer ye, then. Where d'ye want t'meet t'morrow?"

[20:30]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Lower Limsa, the south dock.

[20:30]Zhavi Streetrunner: "A'right. Ye any last words fer me?"

[20:30]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Indeed I do.

[20:31]Caereyn Doendragasyn pauses for a moment.

[20:31]Caereyn Doendragasyn: Thank you for the drink.

[20:31]Zhavi Streetrunner lifted her chin, presenting him with a cool smile.

[20:32]Zhavi Streetrunner: "Aye."

[20:33]Caereyn Doendragasyn stands, and heads through the door near the bar, to the back area.

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Gray - 05-15-2014

((And the lovely in game chat ate some of it again, haha.))

And so they both went their own ways for the time being.  Caer, as he stated, usually didn't deal on such a low level, but he didn't have eyes inthe lowest parts of lowtown.  Zhavi could fix that, and in return, for now, just a piece of information.  Easily done.  She seemed surprised that Caer would have it so quickly, but what she did't realize, is that he'd have it much much quicker than that.

The day came and went, and soon enough, it was time for them to meet again.  Caer had come early, and brought another of his crew, though only one this time.

"Honestly, Thunder-boy.  We got a good thing goin, and you're throwin a wrench in the works.  It's a risk you don't need."  The Lalafel said, slowly pacing back and forth, keeping a watchful eye on the surrounding area.  "I'm tellin you, those bottomfeeders'll stab you in the back soon as they get what they want.  Buuuuut why am I even talkin?  Not like you're gonna listen.  Hey, you listenin?  Respect your elders, Captain!"

[Image: Zozo_zpsad47d79b.png]
Zozomuza Shashamuza...

Second Mate...

Ships Navigator...

And armchair captain...

"I'm well aware, Zozo.  And I am listening.  You just haven't said anything new, so there's no need for me to respond.  And don't call me Thunder-boy."  Caer answered.

"Well if that's not rude, I dunno what is.  You should always at the least acknowledge someone."  Zozo replied.

"You sound like my father."  Caer commented, as they continued waiting. 

The banter continued in that fashion as the minutes passed, and the appointed time approached.