Hydaelyn Role-Players
Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] (/showthread.php?tid=7133)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Zhavi - 05-16-2014

Zhi didn't sleep that night.

Dawn was greeted by a string of foul words, the least of which was sacrilegious on several levels. There wasn't enough time any more to even take a shit, much less do anything so banal as sleeping or eating. There were people to meet, people to watch, palms to grease and gossip to listen to. She was constantly moving, fighting her way through the underbelly's complexities in her bit to fulfill her contracts and stay alive.

She loved it, of course, but she'd be lying if she said she didn't care about the lost sleep.

So it was she showed up looking sullen, with a lit pipe clamped between her lips; its bowl was filled with something energizing and probably illegal. She looked like hell, and smelled it too: the city's dank perfume hung about her, along with the stink of old booze and older sweat, still. She was just another of the city's phantoms, drifting about unnoticed.

The bell was ringing out evening when she strolled up on the docks, watching the forest of masts as they dipped and swayed with the movement of wind and water. The harbor was always a hypnotic sight.

She didn't offer a greeting to either Doendragasyn or the lalafell. They were both scrutinized in turn, and then summarily ignored as she went to the edge of the planking and sat with her legs dangling over the water. She could have easily been just another dockrat taking an unsupervised break from any number of duties. Always an easy role to play, in any case; few paid attention to the lowest hires on the crew -- unless, of course, you were supposed to be managing them.

Zhi waited in silence.

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Gray - 05-16-2014

Zozo smiled and started to approach Zhavi, as she walked down the dock toward them.  Caer just sat there, watching her as she approached.  He had hopped off the dock and onto a mooring post, where he now sat.

Zozo spoke as she got close.  "Well, this must be the captains new contact.  I'm Zozo, ships...second..."  He stopped as she walked right past without stopping.  He held his arms out at his sides ands shrugged as if to say "what the fuck?"  But he only shook his head and sighed as he walked to the edge of the dock, and took his frustration out on some seagulls that were pecking at something nasty.  They quad of birds awked and beat their wings, fluttering around him menacingly, prompting him to cover his head with one hand as best he could, and swat wildly with the other.

"Aaaack!  Get offa me, you filthy pests!  Shoo!  Be damned..."  Zozo said.

Caer chuckled at that, then turned back toZhavi as she reached the end of the dock.  He stood up,a ndhopped fromthe mooring post back onto the dock, and walked straight across, to the edge, staring across the bay at nothing in particular.  He crossed his arms, and spoke, right to the point.

"The name of the person Maioh is selling Thatchers secrets to is Tabart, of Jaded.  The information being sold consists of client lists, whores names, their preferences and likes, and what is sold and when."  Caer said.

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Zhavi - 05-18-2014

Zhavi Streetrunner continued to watch the ships on the water. She remained silent for a little while, considering the information she'd gained. Finally, she said, "Have ye any proof ye can offer t'me?"

Caereyn Doendragasyn: You don't trust the information to be accurate?

Zhavi Streetrunner: "Funny ye should say that after our last meetin'. " She tapped a finger on her thigh. "Ain't about trust. 'Sabout what ye can hold in yer hands. Ye got any, or no?"

Caereyn Doendragasyn lets out a slight chuckle. "Catch." He says, tossing a rolled up set of pages in her direction.

Zhavi Streetrunner turned, and snatched the papers out of the air just before they smacked her in the head. She snorted, gave Doendragasyn an amused look, and tucked the papers away. "That include a list o'clients an'doxies?"

Caereyn Doendragasyn: All of it. It's a full list of all of the dealings between Maioh and Tabart. You'll find the handwriting to be an exact match to Maioh's.

Zhavi Streetrunner blinked. Her smile was bemused. "Scrag kept -records-? Herself?"

Caereyn Doendragasyn: No, it's nothing so simple.

Zhavi Streetrunner's eyes narrowed. She went back to looking at the ships, shifting so her weight was on her hands behind her. "Ye ain't tipped her off t'others wantin' information, have ye?"

Caereyn Doendragasyn: Not at all. I simply acquired the information.

Caereyn Doendragasyn: That is all.

Caereyn Doendragasyn: Tabart may have...misplaced the list she acquired shortly after he got them. Of course, he had to return to get the information again, which Maioh was keen on, as it meant she could charge him all over again for what was in essence, nothing.

Zhavi Streetrunner chuckled. "Fair. Scales seem t'tip themselves in yer favor, Cap'n. A'right, I'll admit yer cleverness. Did ye happen across anythin' else, or was this it?"

Caereyn Doendragasyn: That is all the deal was for. That is all I brought.

Zhavi Streetrunner showed exaggerated thoughtfulness. "But not all ye learned, 'sthat it?"

Caereyn Doendragasyn: I have...readily available access to get more information, if I choose to.

"Interestin'." Zhi tipped her face up towards the sky, though not without a wince for the brightness of the sun. She closed her eyes, her ears swiveling back towards Doendragasyn and his man. "Could be I could use a steady flow o'information. Could be I could find a flow o'steady information fer yerself an' yer crew. Might be said I have . . .knowin' 'bout more'n lowtown, here in ol' Limsa."

Caereyn Doendragasyn: Indeed? So you fancy yourself an asset, do you?

Zhavi Streetrunner's grin was overflowing with confidence. "I can be. Much as ye're clever."

Caereyn Doendragasyn: Well then, It'd be a shame to pass up an asset. You propose a new deal then? Steady trade in perpetuity.

Zhavi Streetrunner: "Aye, I do." An' if that ain't enough t'tickle yer fancy I'll give ye this fer free: this Tabart, aye? He an' his ring ain't workin' alone. Ain't sure yet what's afoot, but there's strange dealin' goin' on, an' it ain't jes turnin' over stones wi' th' doxies an' their keepers. So ye might want t'start . . . ahh, what's it? Diversifyin'" the last word was carefully sounded out, "yer dealin's. More'n they are. Storm's brewin', far as I can see."

Caereyn Doendragasyn: Perhaps you're right. I do hope you'll prove valuable in that aspect.

Zhavi Streetrunner laughed, drawing one leg back up onto the dock so she could turn her upper body to face him. "If I'm not, I 'spect ye'll come t'take it out o' me hide. Can't say I'd like that, so I'll be sure t' keep ye fresh. Ye have a pearl?"

Caereyn Doendragasyn: My crew has a linkshell.

Zhavi Streetrunner raised an eyebrow. There was a smug little smirk curling her lips. She pulled herself to her feet, dusting off her butt and legs. Given her general state of being, it was likely a gesture done for the benefit of her company, and not something out of any need to be clean. "Ye gonna offer me a pearl, Cap'n?"

Caereyn Doendragasyn: Hmm...

Zhavi Streetrunner: "Promise I won't lose it."

Zhavi Streetrunner grinned, the expression -- shall we say -- shit eating.

Zozo walks between them. "I'm against it, Thunder-boy. If you wanna start handin pearls out, there's plenty of better folks than this guttersnipe."

Caereyn Doendragasyn speaks back to Zozo. "Perhaps, but none of them are presently in the same position to benefit us in the same way as she is.

Zhavi Streetrunner tutted. "C'mon now. I'm a runner, not a snipe. Or can't ye tell th'difference? Losin' yer city sense, bein' out on th'water often as ye are."

Zozo grumbles and walks back to the other side of the dock, stooping down and watching the water. A fat fish comes to the surface and watches him back. Then it spits water at him, and he falls back on his ass. "Oi! Ye bleedin pot o chum! Cmere!"

"Ye keep . . . interestin' company, Cap'n," Zhi murmurs.

Caereyn Doendragasyn | Zozo hops up andkicks at the side of the dock, as if to curse the fish. Then he turns to her. "Split hairs all you want, but the point is I don't like it." He walks toward her and starts talking again.* "And I'll tell you another-" He is cut off as a pearl whizzes past his head, toward Zhavi.

Zhavi Streetrunner plucks the pearl from the air, looks at it, and then tosses it up and catches it. Within a moment, it's out of sight. Smug didn't even begin to describe the look she shot at Zozo, though she'd reined some of it in when she looked back to Droendragasyn. "Ye heard o' Heaven's Gate, Cap'n?"

Caereyn Doendragasyn: Of course.

Zhavi Streetrunner: "I'd be right pleased o' anythin' ye happen t'hear 'bout them. Now tell me," she became serious, her tone lowering, "what interests ye in th'city?"

Caereyn Doendragasyn nods. "Easily done. As for my interests. Anything that has an effect on the balance of power. Who gets offed. Who takes their place. Who's going on vacation. Who's got an ambitious deal going down. Anything that someone in the right position can use as leverage. As for specifics...

Caereyn Doendragasyn: Well, since I'm..."diversyfyin", you keep me posted in the same manner, for now. I'll need more information on these whorehouses and their relation to each other.

[14:12]Caereyn Doendragasyn finally turns and faces her, taking just a few measured steps.

Zhavi Streetrunner lifts her chin. "Might be ye've heard, but seems t'be th'rings are gettin'. . .right jittery. Been hits put out on the doxies o' Heaven's Gate. Still diggin' up who ordered 'em. Ain't had blood 'twixt th'rings like this fer years."

Caereyn Doendragasyn: Hits... That seems a bit much.

Caereyn Doendragasyn: Now that's interesting.

Zhavi Streetrunner: "Aye. Not sure if it's t'do wi' the writs or not, but I'm fair sure ain't th'rings themselves thinkin' all this up. If there's one business in Limsa y'can count to be straightforward, it's th'rings." She looked away for a moment, eyes narrowing. "Say. . .y'ever heard o'Galleon?"

Caereyn Doendragasyn: Galleon? I'll need some context.

Zhavi Streetrunner: "Hmm. . .he's someone what has an eye fer books. Don't think it's his real name, but there's somethin' off about him. No matter. Jes me own curiosity."

Caereyn Doendragasyn: I'm not familiar with him.

Zhavi Streetrunner: "Never ye mind. Say, I think we're. . ." she broke off, glancing at the lalafell. Something passed over her face then, something cunning and not particularly friendly. It had disappeared by the time she looked back at Doendragasyn. "Say, ye ever go dicin' at Her Highness?"

Caereyn Doendragasyn: No. I am not one who so carelessly uses his coin. Not very fond of the place, either.

Zhavi Streetrunner's look of disappointment was swift and full of sorrow. "Ahh. Well. Too bad then. If ye've ever a wish t'play a game or three, ye jes let me know."

Caereyn Doendragasyn: I'll keep it in mind...

Zhavi Streetrunner: "Unless ye've further need fer me, I'll jes see m'self off." Zhi bestowed another cocky grin towards Zozo.

Zozo makes a fist and leans toward her like "Youuuu...!"

Caereyn Doendragasyn: I believe our business is concluded. For now.

Zhavi Streetrunner: "Fair winds t'ye, Cap'n. An' yer crew. I'll be speakin' t'ye again." Zhi winked at him and walked back towards the city.

Caereyn Doendragasyn: Indeed, I'm sure.

Zozo walks up to Caer and puts his hands on his hips, just scowling.

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Gray - 05-21-2014

((This is not a main story post.  Just some little stuff to add life to someof the npcs involved inthe plot.  Feel free to skip it if not interested))

Sometime after...

The Sunset Chaser had left port, headed out on another journey to acquire valuables.  Most pirate ships fired on their target first.  The Nice Guy crew had a different approach.  They did not become violent unless necessary.  In fact, Caer was known to be courteous and gentlemenly to those he targetted.  This is how his crew got their name.  There they sat, calm winds for the moment, and not a spec on the horizon.

Various lower ranking crew members were on deck, going about their business, with Ringo on watch, and Zozo up in the crows nest.  Caer was in his cabin, quill to parchment, plotting who knows what.

"Hey,fellas, anyone seen miss tight-panties?"  Ringo said, asking the group of sailors nearest him, that were doing some minor repairwork to the deck.

"Ahh, I don't think she likes being called that, Ringo..."  One of them answered, looking back at him over his shoulder briefly.  He was holding a board steady so another crewman could nail it down,and when he turnedto answer Ringo,he accidentally moved the board just a bit, causing the other mans hand, which had been steadying a nail, to move right as he went to hammer it down.

"Argh!  Why'd you go and do that for, idiot!"  The man shouted, sucking on the thumb he just smashed and wincing in pain.

The man holding the board looked back.  "Oh!  S-sorry, Flint.  You alright?"

"Do I bloody look alright?!  I went and smashed my finger cause of you!  Probably broke it."  The injured man complained.

"It was an accident!  Ringo distracted me!"  The accused man answered.  "Anyway, gohave doc Greywind take a quick look at it."

Ringo spoke up.  "Shuuda ain't on the ship right now.  He's still on that assignment for the captain.  Won't see him for another week or so at least."

"Oh."  The man said, and then turned to his injured friend.  "Looks like you'll justhave to suck it up I guess."

"Yeah, yeah...  By the way, chef Wolf.  First Mate Snoe went out fishin again."  The injured man said.

"Fishin, huh?  Perfect...  That means she'll have to shower and change when she gets back..."  Ringo resumed his wandering around the deck, he sighed, waving his arms back and forth in boredom, and started to sing.  "Oh wheeeeere is sheeeee, my sweet sweet Roegad-yyyy.  Skin so soft, and hair like the seaaaa...  Oh wheeeere oh wheeere is sheeeee..."

He was too caught up in his lovelorn lyrics to notice the object of his singing had shown up.  Snoe going fishing always meant a skimpy swimsuit, a net, and a spear.  She preferred to do it up close andpersonal, and didn't deal with small fish.  She went for the big ones.  And so she had one.  She had gottenback on deck, barely clothed, and dripping wet, carrying her latest catch over her shoulder.  A shark that was bigger than she was.  She walked closer toRingo, who was facing away.  The crewman saw her approaching,and had to stifle their laughter.  Snow passed by a pair that were down scrubbingthe deck, and raised her index fingerto her lips as if to say "keep it down."  She gave them a wink, and a smug smirk.

"Ohhh whoa whoa whoaaaaa.  She has gone to the sea!  I can only sit and wait..and wonder when she will comeback to meeeeee~!"  Ringo continued, as Snow got right up behind him.  He felt the presence behind him.

"Huh?"  He said, turning to look, but right as he did, he found himself face to face with the the slightly opened jaws of the shark.  "Whaaaa-haaaa!"  Ringo shouted, falling back, and scurring onhis bit until he backed against the mast, chest heaving as he fought to compose himself.  "What...  What what what..."  He tried to question.

The shark flopped to the ground, beside its captor, revealing her in her entirety.  Shehad a trickle of bloo don her from the wound shje gave the shark, but it didn't bother her much.  She wiped her fingers across it, and walked to Ringo, smearing it across his face.  "Ringo.  You really suck at singing.  You know that?"  She said, and walked off toward the entrance to the ships galley, which connected to the lower deck.  As she got to the door, she turned to Ringo.  "And stop starin at me like that, would you?  I don't want to have to tear off an appendage."  She said, and entered the galley.

"Gods shes amaaaaazing!"  Ringo exclaimed, causing some of the nearby crewman to shake their heads at their hopeless cook.

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Gray - 06-03-2014

Night...

Aboard the Sunset Chaser...

Captains quarters...

Some time later...

Caer sat at his desk, looking through the papers he had carefully laid out before him.  Papers with information on them no mere pirate should have.  The look on his face was that of worry, even bordering on fear.

"This is bad."  He said to himself, as he began nervously tapping his finger on the desk, probably thinking of what might happen if his suspicions turned out to be true.  Things were working out so well, and now it might be in danger of falling apart.  Just what was in danger of falling apart?  Well, Caer-

*knock knock knock*  "Caer, Captain.  You in there?"  A knock and a voice came from his door, snapping him back to reality.  For a second or two, he began to frantically pile the papers, but then he realized it wasn't necessary.

"Is that you, Snoe?  Come in."  Caer answered, prompting the door to open, and then shut.

The sound of heavy footsteps approached.  Caer didn't look back.  Snoe was his most trusted crewman.  His first mate.  And one of only two people who knew the truth.

"It's me."  The voice said, as it's approach slowed, moving around to one side of him, glancing at the papers, then to him.  "You look concerned.  And from what you've got layed across the desk, I can probably guess why."  She said.

"If it's true, it's a bad situation.  The flow of cash stops pretty high up in the chain.  That means someone near the top is the culprit.  That also means they know what this stuff really is, and who it's going to."

Snoe was silent for a long moment.  She watched Caer.  She had respected him for some time.  One of the few men she did.  His way of handling things always proved beneficial.  Neat.  And it didn't hurt that he was the only one on board that could beat her in a match.  Finally, she spoke.

"Aye.  It's bad, if true, but we'll have to deal with it somehow.  We'll play it cautiously, like always.  Make sure we don't make a bad step and get cornered.  But for now, I just came to give you tonights report."

Caer nodded, still not looking up at her.  Seems the worry was really getting to him.  "Let's have it."  He said.

"All's quiet.  Kiki just took watch, and the boys on deck are in for an easy night, if it keeps going how it is.  There's a bit of unrest, though.  We haven't hit a ship in two weeks, and some of them are wondering what's going on."  Snoe explained.

Caer was silent for a moment, then nodded.  "I'll take care of it.  We'll make a pass north of the island tomorrow and get a nice, heavy freighter.  That should placate them."

"Aye, it will, but do you think you can keep it going this way forever?  Piracy's getting harder these days.  The last year's been rough, with the admiral cracking down.  All the rookies are just about done.  It's mostly the experienced and devoted crews remaining, and even those are staying low.  It's going to make it that much harder to manag ethis side business you've got going.  You can't afford a mistake there, you know..."  Snoe said.

"Do you think I don't know that, Snoe?  It's getting to be too much for one man to handle.  I'll tell you...I've already started thinking of was to pull out of one or the other."  Caer confessed.

"You mean...?"  Snoe asked.

Caer finally looked at her, and gave a stoic nod.  "It may come to mebacking out of the underworld, and going full time pirate... Either that, or handing over control of the crew, and focusing on my other business there.  I know you're more than capeable of running this ship, and leading this crew, and the men would follow you, for certain."  He explained.

"Aye.  Something's going to have to give at some point.  But I know you're going to take both of them as far as possible.  If you left the crew, though, I do'tknow if I'd stay.  I'm not really interested in the captains seat these days.  Done it already, as you know.  I prefer to play second fiddle to a good leader."  Snoe said, as she moved closer, resting her right hand on his left shoulder as he sat there.

"Gee, Snoe.  If I leave, you leave?  No pressure..."  Caer said, almost giving a chuckled.

Snoe smirked, and lifted her left leg, swinging it up and over Caer, and settling down, straddling him,resting both arms on the back of the chair behind him.  She moved her face closer.  "Don't act conceited.  I just don't want the job, and there's no one else on board capeable of taking it.  It's not as if I'm in love with you."

"Mm hm.  It's still a lot of added pressure though..."  Caer answered, as his hands crept up past her hips, and slipped around her waist.

"Well, you know what Ringo always tells you, right?  You should loosen up.  You've got to deal with the situation no matter what.  Stressing yourself sick isn't going to help."  Snoe said, as her face got even closer, the tip of her nose brushing past his own, their breath upon one-another.

"Maybe...But you know me, Snoe.  I can't rest when something like this is looming over me.  It'll always be there, casting a shadow over everything, until it's finished."  He said, his voice lowering, as their faces came closer still.

Their lips met, and Snoe slipped her arms around Caers neck as she felt her bottom lip being taken between his own lips, and his tongue gently brush over it.  His hands, moved more tightly around behind her, and slowly up back as her chest pressed against him.  The parted only long enough to switch lips, Caer now taking her top.  Snoe gently took his bottom between her teeth, drawing back slowly, letting it slip from them, and finally sealing their mouths together.  The embrace tightened and their tongues flicked past one-another, in a coy game of tag.  It continued as such for some time, before they finally parted, Snoe grinning at him, and pulling back.  Caer managed a grin of his own, and spoke.

"That could be considereda conflict of interests.  Favoritism among the crew."  He said, as his hands began to retreat from around her back.

"What the boys don't know, and all that."  Snoe answered, rising from his lap.  "I trust you to make the right decision, Captain.  Always have."  She continued, turning to leave, her steps heavy, and measured as she approached the door.

"Again with the pressure.  You can bea real bitch, Snoe."  Caer said, in mild jest.

Snoe just gave a slow, methodical chuckle, finding the sense of kinsmanship in his words.  She gave a silent wave over her right shoulder, ad opened the door, exiting Caers quarters.

Caer stood, and reached for the Chasers pearl, opening a private frequency.

"Zhavi.  Met me at the dock again tomorrow evening.  We need to discuss something."

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Zhavi - 06-03-2014

The smoke Zhi blew out tangled around the limbs of the dancer before dispersing to join the rest of it up at the ceiling. "I gonna see ye up there, then, laddo?"

Brindle had the very best glares. "Ain't a doxy."

Nald'thal smile on her, but when had Brindle started to sound so much like her? She didn't look away from the woman on her table, though her smile widened. "Oh? Found yerself a nice little hole t'curl up in, did ye?"

"Sendin' out enforcers after yer dame's clients." Brindle neatly snubbed her own taunt, lowering his voice as much as he was able. He shifted his tray as someone called for more drink, and spoke faster. "One o' them was warned out o' the city, an' came right back. Had a talk wi' yer boss, he did."

"Name?"

Brindle had turned away, but he turned back, snagging up her half-full cup in excuse. "Ruru-something, look, give me a clapper --"

He was gone. Zhi didn't appear to notice, instead choosing to make eyes up at the dancer, who had mostly avoided any contact of the same for the evening. Zhi didn't blame her; she wasn't trying to make the dancer's evening difficult, but. . .she leered. What fun, what fun.

When Brindle's voice came next at her back, it was breathless and a little angry. Zhi didn't blame him for that, either, but he had to learn sooner or later just how cold the city could be -- and why she'd kept to her preferences even when she was in coin enough to change them. Some feelings you just couldn't shake, not even at the space of years.

"Lissen, 'bout Galleon. . ."

Zhi flicked her tail at him in acknowledgement.

Brindle whispered as he passed her, "think he might be in it --"

Gone again. Zhi shuffled the pieces in her head as she continued slamming back the drinks he brought her. Interlaced was the thought that starting something with the dancer would be worth it, though she knew better by then. Space of years and all.

"--same group as th'one what backs --"

The buzz of a pearl caught her off-guard, and she jumped in spite of herself, missing the rest of Brindle's hastily passed words. Nald'thal tip her scales. She sorted out which one was active, and put it to her ear in time to catch the Captain's voice. No, no, that captain. Oh, right. She blinked down at it, muzziness taking her a few seconds to parse the call. He shouldn't be calling her. The pearl was for her to call him.

A job was a job was a job.

"Cap'n, ye say th'bes' things," she slurred. "Aye-aye, Cap'n!"

She tossed back her drink and held it aloft. "Another!" She pretended not to see the skeptical way Brindle eyed her when he came back around, just like she held to badly faked protests of innocence when they tossed her out for manhandling the dancer.

Ahh, just another night.

Just another morning. A bad one. The Captain (capitals, there) did not appreciate guttersnipes or anything that could feasibly be affixed with the prefix of 'gutter,' whether or not it actually was gutter. Sure, he held the illusion that he was better, wasn't for her to judge, but she spent good gil to go to an inn for a bath rather than her usual quick drowned-rat soak in the ocean.

The soap smelled like lavender. It borked her nose up good. Cap'n'd better appreciate the extra effort, because she was sneezing all through her shuffle down to the docks, ears pressed flat against her head and their insistence that everything was much too loud. It ran counterpoint to her eyes' insistence of brightness, and everything was just held in the position of just right to put Zhi into a mode of smiles that tended to provoke children into poking at her with sticks.

Not that she wasn't normally grotesque in her own special way. . .

She ditched some of the smell as she attended various errands throughout the day, and by the time she met the Cap'n it'd faded enough that it shouldn't be too obvious to the deadness of an elezen nose, yet keep her from smelling in a way he might find offensive. Gods forfend. She'd keep herself up on a level high enough for his fussiness, but she'd take a long walk off a short plank before she let him think she was doing it for him.

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Zhavi - 06-05-2014

They had met. They had talked. That was the reason Zhi walked the docks, seeking out Doendragasyn's ship.

She didn't trust him. She didn't trust his so-called informer, the broker who went by the name of Jack. She didn't like the way he'd phrased things, had liked less the way he'd spoken to her. Not that she wasn't used to it.

The ship was further out, too big to belong in the nearest section with all the fishing boats and smaller pinnaces. Zhi didn't mind the walk, considering she had to work off leftover exhaustion from the day prior and the little sleep she'd managed to steal for herself. She'd been smoking again. She loved it. She hated it. There were a million flies buzzing around the confines of her skull.

She tried not to let it show.

Preparation for the day included leather and thirteen inches of steel. A rondel dagger, purchased with money she'd gotten from the clodhopper, with a fur-lined sheath and a leather-and-wire wrapped hilt. It was sharp, and obvious.

Zhi wasn't a fighter. But oh, she could ooze blade-for-hire out of her pores.

Her hair had been slicked back, was held out of her face with a cheap leather strap. A few clumps had been braided and beaded, and they hung behind her ears. She'd banded her tail with copper and bronze jewelry, hiding the kink in it. She smelled of leather and oil with a niggling underpinning of ocean and something unsavory. She held herself upright, moved with the studied grace of a fighter.

She looked the part of everything Kink wasn't.

Zhi had always been good at playing parts.

She stopped when she reached the edge of the ship's gangplank, and looked over it until she saw the watchman. "I'm here t'see Cap'n Doendragasyn. Tell 'im his appointment's here."

Her grin showed way more teeth than was necessary.

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Gray - 06-06-2014

((Dunno why I did that.  Haven't been feeling the greatest, sorry, haha.  Deleted))

Snow stepped forward with a small smirk, though it was not one of ill intent.  She motioned with her head for Zhi to come aboard.  "Aye.  Caer's taking it easy up on the bowsprit.  For now, our ship is your ship."  She said, stepping back, and aside to make way.

It was a good ship in the design of a three-masted barque.  Not uncommon, but a good ship to be sure, and a fine choice for a smaller crew.

The various crewmen could be seen going about their business, watching Zhi for a bit whenthey noticed her, before returning to their duties.  Caer could be seen from here, laying up on the bowsprit, watchingthe sky, hands crossed under his head.

Snoe spoke again.  "Go on.  We've all been told to expect you, so no one will cause you any problems."

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Zhavi - 06-08-2014

With a nod to Snoe, Zhi walked up the plank to the ship. She glanced about as she made her way to the bowsprit, head high and gait leisurely. When she reached the bowsprit she stopped, feet shoulder-width apart and hands on her hips. "Ye ready, Cap'n sir?"

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Gray - 06-08-2014

Caer didn't bother looking over, though it wasn't out of disrespect.  It's a simple matter of he having been expecting her, and recognizing the voice.  He nodded at her words, and kicked against the bowsprit with his right foot, causing him to flip over backwards.  He placed one hand over his shoulder, and used it to puish as he went over, causing him to go a bit into the air, and his feet to land perfectly on the ground as he landed down on the forecastle, just a few steps from Zhi.  He turned to her, and with a confident smile, answered.

"Ready.  Let's hear what you've got in mind."

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Zhavi - 06-11-2014

"Heavy Handers ain't got knowin' it's yer goods they're filchin', right?"

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Gray - 06-13-2014

Caer looked off to the side, out over the docks, at nothing in particular.  He ran a hand through his long hair, and sighed.

"Heavy Handers, is it?  Word is they've been stepping up their game, so to speak.  This fits their increased ambition.  If they don't know the goods are coming from me, that leaves more room to work.  But if they do know, that'll make things harder."

Caer said.  He looked down a bit, and said something in his worry that was meant to be to himself, though miqo'te hears could likely have picked it up.

"I just hope they don't know who the goods are going -to-..."

He shoved the uncertainty aside, andlooked back to Zhi.  "You're sure?"

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Zhavi - 06-13-2014

Zhi's hearing was sharp, but she'd also been taking hits since the night before, and into early morning. Her ears flickered as the sounds were heard, but distinct words did not resolve. She dismissed it.

She was focusing on Doendragasyn though, saw every nuance his face had to offer. Her eyes were bright. She snorted. "Ain't had sleep in two suns, an' he's askin' if I'm 'sure'. Aye, Cap'n. Sourced an' confirmed. But there's. . .somethin' under th'table." She tossed her head to clear hair from her eyes. "Ye said ye ain't known real personal dockside. So I've an in t'get ye real personal wi' one o' th' Hander's handlers t'talk. . .goods. An' I'll be yer strongarm." She tapped the dagger at her hip.

Zhi thought herself to be very clever, if her grin was any indication.

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Gray - 06-17-2014

Caer pondered her words for a moment.  He had always been big on trust.  It's how his crew operated so smoothely.  They could all trust eachother, and they all know the punishment for breaking that trust.  But was he trusting too quickly in this?  Perhaps.  But given the circymstances, he had little choice.

"Excellent.  I was confident you would come through."  Caer replied.  "Indeed, outside of my cupply line contacts, I am little more than just another pirate.  I would be very...interested to learn about this "in" you're talking about."  He continued, nodding at her offer as a strongarm.

RE: Play Hard, Deal Harder [closed] - Zhavi - 06-24-2014

Zhi nodded back. "Heavy Handers, they're part o' it. The first rung. Ye were wantin' t'slide sideways at 'em, well, I've got me a man in on a guard position. If ye play at bein' his contact an' lookin' t'sight some goods -- thing is, I can't get me fix on why they're tampin' wi' yer . . . supply lines." She used the words he'd used the day prior. "They're drug runners."