Hydaelyn Role-Players
August Lansborough - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: August Lansborough (/showthread.php?tid=7175)

August Lansborough - Lightningtear - 05-16-2014

• I. Basic Info 
  • Characters:
  • August Lansborough
  • Primary character:
  • August Lansborough
  • Linkshells:
  • None
  • Primary RP linkshell:
  • None

II. RP Style  
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • Medium,Heavy: I like to assume everything or most things my character does can be considered a reflection of his day's events unless it is something that is utterly OOC. I automatically go into RP if someone speaks to him ICly, or just choose to RP at any time. I purchased this specifically for it's Role-playing possibilities and intend to make full use of them.
  • Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • Preference: Play it like a story, be fair, don't kill without permission the usual. But if you make a mistake in writing something that leaves an opening for the other player than so be it. Combat requires specifics for accuracy, but vagueness for flow. 
  • Injuries should make sense according to the combat going on. White Magic heals effectively, but someone can decide on a long term injury if they want. The reason I consider white magic to still be an efficiently healing source is to not nullify the usefulness of conjurer players. Depending on the situation, players can adjust rapid healing and healing that would take some time. 
  • Things such as curses, diseases, and old injuries will require considering of subject matter regarding the player(s) involved.
  • I know that people want to win really badly and therefore I do respect and understand the use of rolling, to achieve a fair form of combat. Though I do wish this game possessed an in chat roll function instead of relying on players to be honest.
  • Views on IC romance:
  • It's fine if it happens, but I won't decide upon it ahead of time. Also if your character is upset about it, make sure it stays IC and don't let your OOC feelings get in the way. It doesn't work out. Romance is not necessary, but can be nice. I'm a big romance buff admittedly, but I have an etiquette for it that I prefer.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • I've had some great relationships built upon friendship, or family, or disdain that developed as background or during interaction with other people. A big part of RP is having relationships with others, and though love is great, most of your companions will be non romantic partners. It's possibly the most important part of RP. 

• Views on lore:
  • I'd like to stay to it. Lore is rich and beautiful and one of the main reasons I've joined this game. Though I'm not as knowledgeable as I was during my beta research phase I try to stick to it. But I'm open to people sticking their pinky out of the box here and there. As long as it's not a complete farce to the story. Currently working on deepening my own level of knowledge.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • RP is best done in /say where everyone can see it. I like walk ups, and open world RP more than just doing it in a tavern. It's rich and full and involves more than a drink and a chat about your day. 
  • If you want to Rp a dungeon /party chat is more than acceptable.
  • /tell is good when you are actually whispering to a player so that others can't hear and it's something you don't want to share OOCly either.
  • I'd prefer Linkshells, and FC to stay OOC for easy fluid interaction without questioning it. But to be honest I did meet a player who gave August a link pearl to contact him with. The traffic in that linkshell is non-existent save for actual IC communication which is very rare, like it should be in IC form, unless under special circumstances. It feels real and I prefer it that way if it has to be.
  • III. Other Info 
  • Timezone:EST
  • Contact info:Here on Hydaelyn or in game. I answer Moogle mail ICly and OOCly. 

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~