Hydaelyn Role-Players
Kestlona Guhtegeiswyn' Journal (ooc welcome to comment) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Kestlona Guhtegeiswyn' Journal (ooc welcome to comment) (/showthread.php?tid=7181)

Kestlona Guhtegeiswyn' Journal (ooc welcome to comment) - Star Lin - 05-16-2014

16th Sun of the 3rd Astral Moon

Hm, how should I begin this here jounal?  I guess my name would probably work out right.  I'm Kestlona Guhtegeiswyn, only girl but with three older brothers.  Let's just say they were the ones that taught me how to fight with my fist.  I've been here a few moons now, learning my way around Uld'ah.  A lot of that came from the help of my Miss Momodi.
[Image: ffxiv_05162014_163955.jpg]

She was the one that suggest that I should keep a recorder of my adventure around Uld'ah.  It reminds me of dad's ship's logs: place where your at in the water, how the crew was dealing with rough weather, and your catch for the day.  Don't get me wrong, Limsa Lominsa is a good city but it was all I ever known.  My heart will always be a part of the ocean, 'till sea swallows all.  The coming and going of different trade ships and people from all walks of life.

Uld'ah is the same yet different.  There is different trade that comes into the port just a few malms away from Uld'ah.  A different mixture of people here in Uld'ah.  Then there's the land that seems to spread out before you.
[Image: ffxiv_05162014_160649.jpg]

It makes me excited about what else I'll see, who I'll meet, and what adventures await me here.  I think time and luck will be on my side.

*some quickly squibbles lines were enter into the journal* Just as I finish writing this, the city wide linkpearl activated. Seem someone by the name of Selphy Nix announce over the linkpearl that she had just became a Black Mage. I sent her my congratulation through the pearl to her. Not too sure what a Black Mage is though. I'll have to speak with either Momodi or one of the other adventurers in the city.

RE: Kestlona Guhtegeiswyn' Journal (ooc welcome to comment) - Star Lin - 05-17-2014

17th Sun of the 3rd Astral Moon

I was stop at Scorpion Crossing by a young girl about some private lands that were up for auction.  I told her I would check it out for her but once I got in there, I knew that not only was it way too much gil for me but probably too much for her as well.

[Image: ffxiv_05172014_215128.jpg]

The place was huge, with different routes to get to the different housing wards.  I took the route that led into the second ward.  All I could think about was how far down it was from the bridge.  There was a good many houses and I also check the prices of the land.  Two Million gils....for a small.  I didn't even check to see what the mid and large cost.

[Image: ffxiv_05172014_220032.jpg]

Though I did find one that was set up as a Theater...that's what the sign said anyway.  I guess it would be a nice place to visit from time to time but to live here, might be a little harder.

In other thoughts, I should speak with the guildmaster about training.  I don't want to bother him about my slow footwork when he has so many other pugilist that he's testing and training.  Maybe he could recommend someone to help with that.

[Image: ffxiv_05172014_232559.jpg]

I sat for a little while on the steps and watch what must have been a jumping contest going on between a small group of adventurers.  I almost went over to join them but I chicken out. *three dots of ink can be seen on the paper, as if the quill was tapped against it* My brothers would have a field day over their social butterfly of a sister becoming a wallflower.  I'm new to this adventuring business and most of the ones in Uld'ah have been doing this for years.  Still, maybe one day, I'll be on even footing with them.  It's still a long way to go but if I keep my feet swift and my eyes open for those incoming blows, I'll make it to the finally round of my fights.

RE: Kestlona Guhtegeiswyn' Journal (ooc welcome to comment) - Star Lin - 05-23-2014

(ooc: Sorry this is late.  Was late getting out of work, too much sun and not enough water will do weird things to you, but I'm better now.  So after working out how I wanted this to go, this is probably going to be a longer then usually posting.  Also apologies to Baderon.  I'm not as good as he is at butchering the English language.  You have been warn.)

I smile, letting the smell of seasalt wash over me as I made my way up from Fisherman's Bottom.  It is great being back in Limsa Lominsa and seeing my folks again.  Pa is still the same, having me play messenger girl, while he try to knock sense into my brothers' heads about taking the ship with nothing but booze and girls.  I'm going to try and be late for dinner so I can can avoid what Ma will do to them when she finds out.

One 'port later found me entering the Drowning Wrench, grining as I saw Baderon's back to the main floor, and a few folks taking advantage of the 'fine' drinks.  I tuck Pa's letter into my belt before cupping my hands around my mouth.  "BADGER!" I yell, dodging to the side as Baderon's dagger flew from his hand.

"Lass," he growl out before relaxing.  I just grin wider and pick his dagger up, bring it back over to him.  "You 'now I hate when 'ou do that."  Taking the dagger, he wave his hand at one of the stools at the bar.  "Lass, 'ave a seat."

I smile as I settle onto the stool, feeling it grow more as he sat a pint infront of me.  "Pa ask me to bring this by you," I tell him, handing the letter over.  Picking up the pint, feeling the burn of Bad's best run down my throat, and glance over at him.  "I'll be heading back to Uld'ah soon."  I pat my pack, "Before I do, I'm stopping by the 'smiths guild and see if that want to buy off this copper I've been mining." I watch his lips frown, "Bad news?"

"Ah, and it's conferring with a 'quest I got from the Maelstrom."  He look over at me, "Might want to 'old off on going back to Uld'ah.  'ow you feel about running an 'assignment for the Guild?"

"Hey, I'm an Adventurer," I said, "of course I'll do it."  I take a pull from my pint as I watch Baderon being writing down something on a couple of pieces of paper.

"Good," he said, folding up one paper and handing over to me.  "Seems pirates are using Sastasha as a hide out...again."  He taps the paper that I'm holding, "Run 'hat down to  Mealvaan's gate.  With 'll the twist and turns, best to have magical back up.  They'll send word out about the request."  He then tap the other paper, "I'm 'oing to post this 'ere and see if I get a 'ite."

I nod, finishing off the pint, knowing that Baderon was right about needing back up.  From the stories that I've heard, you could get lost for days in there and then you still had to get past the creatures that were also living in the cave system as well.  Yet, I couldn't help the shiver of excitement at the thought of working with fellow adventurers.  What would I learn from them?  What friendship could come from this?  The start of something wonderful...that's what I believe.