Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ultimatepay frustrations - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Ultimatepay frustrations (/showthread.php?tid=719)

Ultimatepay frustrations - Hayden - 09-24-2010

I choose to go the Crysta method. Since I LOATH giving my credit card information out over the internet, I decided to use the "Ultimate Game Card" method. It seemed simple enough to me.

1) buy Ultimate Game Card
2) use it to Buy Crysta
3) ^_^

WRONG!

Ultimate Game Cards only come in denominations of $20.
I need 1599 Crysta per month to play(999 for basic service 300 for each of my 2 character slots activated)
2000 Crysta cost $20 with BLOODY TAX! Putting it a buck and change over the $20 the card is worth. (aka 2000 points) un used currency on a card you use are converted to points.

SO

1) Buy Ultimate Game Card
2) Buy 1000 Crysta for 10 dollars, now have 848(or something) points on UltimatePay account!
3) Buy 500 Crysta for 500 points Now have 348 Ultimate points..
4) SHOVE points up ass since 348 points wont buy any more points!
5) BUT ANOTHER Ultimate Game Card
6) Buy remaining Crysta
7) EFF YOU SQUEENIX!

REALLY that buck and change REALLY EFFED ME OVER! Is it too much to antisipate TAX you bloody fools? Is a 25 dollar Ultimate Game card to much to ask?

I hate you Squeenix...I really do...

Re: Ultimatepay frustrations - Freyar - 09-24-2010

Using Paypal, I didn't have to pay tax right away, though in the long run, I'll have to declare it for Utah's "Use Tax".

It is a pain in the ass though. Let me get this straight, you paid tax twice for it? Once when buying the card itself, and once again when you turned it into UltimatePlay points?

Re: Ultimatepay frustrations - DAISHI - 09-24-2010

Paypal.

Re: Ultimatepay frustrations - Hayden - 09-24-2010

Freyar Wrote:Using Paypal, I didn't have to pay tax right away, though in the long run, I'll have to declare it for Utah's "Use Tax".

It is a pain in the ass though. Let me get this straight, you paid tax twice for it? Once when buying the card itself, and once again when you turned it into UltimatePlay points?

nonono

I payed once
I paid 20bucks for a $20 Ultimate Game Card

logged onto the site and used it to buy 1000 crysta and then the remaining ballance(which was like $9 and change) are converted into points. I use those POINTS to buy 500 MORE crysta.

I am left with under 500 points and unable to purchase anymore crysta until I add more points.

BLARG

Azreiel Wrote:
Freyar Wrote:Using Paypal, I didn't have to pay tax right away, though in the long run, I'll have to declare it for Utah's "Use Tax".

nonono

I payed once
I paid 20bucks for a $20 Ultimate Game Card

logged onto the site and used it to buy 1000 crysta and then the remaining ballance(which was like $9 and change) are converted into points. I use those POINTS to buy 500 MORE crysta.

I am left with under 500 points and unable to purchase anymore crysta until I add more points.

BLARG

So it's a double-Microsoft-point system, is that right? How lame.

I'm clearly gonna switch to the PayPal method.

But I'm frustrated with them too.

Option 1

Give them credit card information and risk the consequences(and there is always a risk) I am a victom of credit card fraud and let me tell you its not fun.

Option 2

set up direct withdraw from my bank account and risk consequences. What are they you say? Well getting my bank account drained is one. Not that I ever have much anyhow. But still.

I think what my wife and I will end up doing is use the chequing account we never use for pay pal and simply never keep more than the ammount of money we wish to transfer to pay pal in there.

I know credit card companies often try to screw you over on your "ballence protection" if they find out you gave your card information out to an online service like Pay Pal or ClickandBuy.

After speaking with my bank, they recomended AGAINST setting up a direct transfer with Pay-Pal.

SOOOO yea...I hate you squeenix...I really do.

Re: Ultimatepay frustrations - Minor - 09-24-2010

I use my debitcard with clickandbuy, never failed me before. And without me transferring money to my c&b account there is no other access they have to my card. sine you have to bank transfer it to them, so no pin involved either to c&b, or third-party apps.

And in one click u set up your payment as well easy and convenient.

Re: Ultimatepay frustrations - Kashemia - 09-24-2010

I use paypal and I've never had any problems with them. Of course fraud exists, but it does as well out in the world. Be mindful without being paranoid. Sometimes shit happens and that sucks, but as long as you're being sensible about things, not posting your credit card info on a forum or giving it to a shady goldseller or something, stick with using well established sites (such as paypal), most of the time, you should be ok.

I'm not saying that people should be reckless or that fraud doesn't happen, just that sometimes, I think people need to relax a bit. Your wallet could also get stolen out of your pocket/purse, and the credit card used, it doesn't mean you stop carying it around, right?

Re: Ultimatepay frustrations - Asytra - 09-24-2010

If it's a concern about using a CC or Debit card, Paypal offers gift cards at most convenience and other stores. I'm not sure if there is an extra fee tied to them, though. From what I understand they are just like a regular gift card.

Every time I read this I can't help but facepalm. It almost seems like SE is trying to aid some form of scam.

Kashemia Wrote:I use paypal and I've never had any problems with them. Of course fraud exists, but it does as well out in the world. Be mindful without being paranoid. Sometimes shit happens and that sucks, but as long as you're being sensible about things, not posting your credit card info on a forum or giving it to a shady goldseller or something, stick with using well established sites (such as paypal), most of the time, you should be ok.

I'm not saying that people should be reckless or that fraud doesn't happen, just that sometimes, I think people need to relax a bit. Your wallet could also get stolen out of your pocket/purse, and the credit card used, it doesn't mean you stop carying it around, right?

Kashemia there is nothing paranoid about not wanting to give your banking or credit card information out over the internet. I understand what you are saying but at the same time I see no fault in my reasoning. In fact if you contact most major credit card companies or financial institutions they will strongly advice you AGAINST doing such. Even with Pay Pal.

Now SE has set up for people with the same mind set as myself, a method of payment that does not require your banking or credit card information.

I only wish it was a little more intuitive.

Asytra Wrote:If it's a concern about using a CC or Debit card, Paypal offers gift cards at most convenience and other stores. I'm not sure if there is an extra fee tied to them, though. From what I understand they are just like a regular gift card.

I was looking on the pay pal site for a place to redeam gift cards and such and couldn't find anything. I created a Pay Pal account with out linking it to any bank or such. Couldn't find a like for gift card redemption.

Perhaps I over looked something. All I could find was credit/debit card or bank transfer.

Re: Ultimatepay frustrations - MereLee - 09-24-2010

Azreiel Wrote:I was looking on the pay pal site for a place to redeam gift cards and such and couldn't find anything. I created a Pay Pal account with out linking it to any bank or such. Couldn't find a like for gift card redemption.

I haven't try myself but... I would assume that you link your gift card the same way you would link your credit card. It has 16 digits and all that stuff dont it ?? Maybe in the credit card options (Visa, Mastercard,etc) is Paypal listed too.

Is just a guess tho... still have to find the gift cards myself. ^^;