Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? (/showthread.php?tid=7243)

Pages: 1 2

2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Blue - 05-24-2014

Okay, the latest live letter was today, and while the content was nowhere as exciting to me as the latest patch has been, there were at least a couple things worth of note, along with the two-people chocobo mount. Here are the new sitting and standing stances that will be added on the 4th June update.

[Image: 5380f54222c39269e0ca739f.jpg][Image: 5380f55122c39269e0ca73a0.jpg]

Sitting (Chair)
[Image: 5380f58d22c39269e0ca73a9.jpg]

Sitting (Ground)
[Image: 5380f4ea22c39269e0ca739c.jpg]

Here goes my own personal opinion:

Overall evaluation: Meh. (When will they stop taking reference from pin-up magazines for Female Miqo'te poses?)

Standing Poses: Too unnatural. It feels like the designer went to look at mannequins in shops' display windows, rather than observing how real people stand when not walking. No one of the poses really looks like a stance someone would keep for a long time.

Sitting (Chair): Definitely the best of the four new poses, though I am disappointed that neither Miqo'te gender still gets a sitting stance with folded arms. Maybe sitting with arms crossed is considered impolite in Miqo'te culture?

Sitting (Ground): As a Miqo'te male, I say yay, finally something that isn't crouching, but unfortunately this over-formal sitting isn't fit for any of my characters. I may use it on my Miqo'te female, but her current ground sitting is ok for her already.

Looking forward to see your thoughts! Does any of these look fit for your character? If yes, why? If not, why?

Edit: I am having the impression people misunderstood my comments. I am purely speaking on an IC perspective, of how useful these emotes may or may not be for my own characters. I am by no means implying that they shouldn't have implemented these new poses, and I'm glad if other players will find a use for them. I'm just saying, the first round of poses had been relatively more useful for my characters, in terms of how much they matched their personality. Some others instead still don't have a pose that fits them, and I hope to see more coming in the future that may be closer to what I'm looking for.

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Maril - 05-24-2014

Oh look, another way to kneel! 

Q.Q 
/femalehighlanderproblems. 

Seriously though, I do like the new sit-pose for when on a chair. It looks relaxed, which is a good thing for a highlander cause mostly we just look like we want to punch people in the face.

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Blue - 05-24-2014

(05-24-2014, 03:53 PM)Sastra Wrote: Oh look, another way to kneel! 

Q.Q 
/femalehighlanderproblems. 

Seriously though, I do like the new sit-pose for when on a chair. It looks relaxed, which is a good thing for a highlander cause mostly we just look like we want to punch people in the face.

Hehe, yeah, I agree on that one. Though my Highlander female is kind of a rough tomboy, the first /changepose on chair did well for me. This new seat looks ideal for sweeter-minded Highlanders, which is good.

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Clover - 05-24-2014

I'm personally very excited about the new poses!

My female miqo'te has been unable to use the current /cpose because nothing really suited her. However, the new standing pose from the second pic and the sitting on chairs pose look really cute and girly, perfect for her. I hope I can use them as default.

My female hyur has been luckier with /cpose when standing, since I love the first one we already have. She hasn't been using /cpose when sitting on chairs, but this new one will definitely suit her.

tl;dr... I love how the new poses add more variety and different kinds of charisma. Some of them are perfect for my characters, so I'm naturally very happy about this update.

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Kailia - 05-24-2014

Right now, I am a pretty big fan of the miqo'te female standing posture in the second screen. Very girly, and I can see K'ailia standing like that. The sitting in the chair one, yeah that one looks great for K'ailia as well.

Overall, I love these animations Smile

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Merie - 05-24-2014

Ooooooh :o I like the sitting (chair) on all of them!

the female highlander looks like an..evil..know it all..woman, who would flirt with you and then snap your neck...no?..just me?..k *crawls back to the dark corner* 

but yea they should add some less "kawaii" female miqo'te poses
My Khuma cant be a murderous psycho mage while looking kawaii D:

(05-24-2014, 05:58 PM)Merie Wrote: Ooooooh :o I like the sitting (chair) on all of them!

the female highlander looks like an..evil..know it all..woman, who would flirt with you and then snap your neck...no?..just me?..k *crawls back to the dark corner* 

but yea they should add some less "kawaii" female miqo'te poses
My Khuma cant be a murderous psycho mage while looking kawaii D:
Yeah, I like Highlander's, and when I saw Roe's woman I could only think "Did they pay the rights to Auguste Rodin's family?"

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Parth Makeo - 05-24-2014

small patch for FF14: New animation for characters to better diverse one another in rp.
small patch in World of Warcraft:...OH LOOK ANOTHER FUCKING MOUNT THAT I MAY OR MAY NOT NEVER RIDE OVER THE 200+ MOUNTS I OWN! Goodie... /sarcasm

It's funny seeing how that I am actually more excited for the new animations over technical changes or new items/weapons and fixes.
The last time wow updated something cosmetically (Not talking about new models) was back in Cata with like 3 new hairstyles for certain races for barber shops.

I honestly hope to see more coming to the game. Holding my breath for single player housing but because I suck at having Gil I may never get it Sad. That and hoping to see more of the crystal tower levels and another Gilgamesh fight or hard version.
Then again I am not too hardcore on FF14 at all to really judge anything, so I will just say i like the new sitting stuff.

P.S That new chair sit for Female Miqo'te is PERFECT for Arala. The current one is alright but it makes her look too 'easy going'.

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - cuideag - 05-24-2014

I am a-ok with little bits and pieces of flavor to help bring a little more life and immersion to our characters. So hoooray, more poses and sitting stances!

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Clover - 05-24-2014

(05-24-2014, 05:58 PM)Merie Wrote: but yea they should add some less "kawaii" female miqo'te poses
Eh? But... female miqo'tes didn't have "kawaii" /cposes until now @x@
Out of four standing poses they'll have, only one is the cute kind.

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - K'nahli - 05-24-2014

Very happy to see these updates but I need more tsundere poses for miqo'te, haha. As someone said already, we need a pose where they cross their arms while sitting!

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Flickering Ember - 05-24-2014

I like these new poses. I don't know what to think of the standing ones, though. It's hard to see them. Guess I really ought to see them in game before I can judge fairly. I might use them.

I will definitely use the new sitting ones, though. The chair pose for roegadyn females looks pretty BA. And while I've never liked the other sitting pose in any MMO, since it's just an option in this game I appreciate it more. Good substitute for a kneel at least.

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Edgar - 05-24-2014

The new standing poses for the Miqo'te look great.
Let's just pray using them is more convenient than typing /cpose multiple fucking times in a row.

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - TheLastCandle - 05-24-2014

(05-24-2014, 08:25 PM)Edgar Wrote: The new standing poses for the Miqo'te look great.
Let's just pray using them is more convenient than typing /cpose multiple fucking times in a row.

^ So much this.

(05-24-2014, 08:25 PM)Edgar Wrote: The new standing poses for the Miqo'te look great.
While SE said they're working on a way to let us choose our standard idle pose, I think that was scheduled for 2.3, so until then, moving /cpose in your hotbar may be the best thing.