Hydaelyn Role-Players
I suppose it was inevitable. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: I suppose it was inevitable. (/showthread.php?tid=7263)

Pages: 1 2 3

I suppose it was inevitable. - Warren Castille - 05-29-2014

After much hemming and hawing I've found myself signed up here. I suppose I should make it official by filling out the necessary forms.

--MMORPG background
I played FFXI for years and years starting with the ToAU release on the Xbox360 and ending shortly after Seekers launched. I lasted about a day before buying a usb keyboard. I've also played WoW for a bit, starting with being a Wrath Baby and running out of interest shortly after Mists of Pandailia launched. At my most active I was raiding through Cata, but couldn't kill Deathwing until after the first 5% nerf. I am forever shamed by this.

I've since dabbled in some stuff but never for more than a handful of levels. I was one of the suckers who bought XIV at launch and am Legacy (and in the credits!), though I didn't touch it until the job class update. I'm known for ranting about it taking 170~ items to craft level 10 chain mail. DATED CHAINMAIL THAT IS STILL IN MY INVENTORY, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

--RP experience
I've been roleplaying since... Forever, basically. I grew up playing video games like everyone else here probably did, I was/am into tabletop RP. I've developed backstory for my generic units in FFTactics. My official community start I guess was in a long-long-dead forum-based board called Realms of Justice. That was probably back in 1999 or 2000.

I know I said since forever. I lied.

--Character ideas/info
I know some of you have seen Warren haunting the Quicksand. He's as close to a vanilla do-gooder as you get on the surface.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
People's /seacoms. People pestering me to post here. People, basically.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Medium-Heavy, though I'm always going to be OOC-Light after content patches. Zodiac weapons don't grind themselves.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing?
Yes.

RE: I suppose it was inevitable. - Kage - 05-29-2014

*choked coughs before waving*

Hello a certain Bard's tank-slave Warren! One day I'll gather up the courage to actually say hello when you're IC. ._.;

RE: I suppose it was inevitable. - Warren Castille - 05-29-2014

Courage? I'm not THAT scary, am I?

RE: I suppose it was inevitable. - Ciel - 05-29-2014

Yay! One of us! One of us!

RE: I suppose it was inevitable. - Elyscia - 05-29-2014

Hello, I love you. Don't be deredere, you dork.~

Get yer arse over to RPCWIKI and make a page,  m'kay? 

(And aye you're a wee bit scary to us short folk, but you're a real sweetheart to talk to. )

Page is likely forthcoming. It's going to be boring and blunt, just like the man in question.

Nah I just have to work up the courage each time I even say hi to someone >.>;

RE: I suppose it was inevitable. - Zhavi - 05-29-2014

You. I like you. You should stay. If your character is ever in Limsa, I might grab you for a dance. And by dance I mean a likely highly rude encounter, complete with pointing and laughing.* Welcome to the RPC! Sounds like you're already up to your elbows in rp, so in that case I'll wish you luck with your various forms of grinding. Whatever that may be. *snrk* (I'm not clever, I know, I just wish I was)

*Pointing and laughing not guaranteed.

RE: I suppose it was inevitable. - Elyscia - 05-29-2014

(05-29-2014, 11:25 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Page is likely forthcoming. It's going to be boring and blunt, just like the man in question.
That's if you don't accidentally burn it down. ...

(05-29-2014, 11:30 AM)Zhavi Wrote: You.  I like you.  You should stay.  If your character is ever in Limsa, I might grab you for a dance.  And by dance I mean a likely highly rude encounter, complete with pointing and laughing.*  Welcome to the RPC!  Sounds like you're already up to your elbows in rp, so in that case I'll wish you luck with your various forms of grinding.  Whatever that may be.  *snrk*  (I'm not clever, I know, I just wish I was)

I'd been debating posting here officially but finally decided since I know a fair few folks already aboard I should join them. It's mostly Ely's fault for informing me the place existed (She's the one who convinced me to go guard the Sultana~!) and Ciel's fault for referencing me in her wiki page.

It sounds like blame, but those are intended as compliments.

I imagine running into each other would be interesting. We seem to exist on diametrically opposed points, but that makes for conflict and conflict makes for good story.

(05-29-2014, 11:40 AM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(05-29-2014, 11:30 AM)Zhavi Wrote: You.  I like you.  You should stay.  If your character is ever in Limsa, I might grab you for a dance.  And by dance I mean a likely highly rude encounter, complete with pointing and laughing.*  Welcome to the RPC!  Sounds like you're already up to your elbows in rp, so in that case I'll wish you luck with your various forms of grinding.  Whatever that may be.  *snrk*  (I'm not clever, I know, I just wish I was)

I'd been debating posting here officially but finally decided since I know a fair few folks already aboard I should join them. It's mostly Ely's fault for informing me the place existed (She's the one who convinced me to go guard the Sultana~!) and Ciel's fault for referencing me in her wiki page.

I imagine running into each other would be interesting. We seem to exist on diametrically opposed points, but that makes for conflict and conflict makes for good story.

Oh, you must know, I specialize in bringing various wholesome (and not so wholesome) characters down into the mud to play. It's my favorite. Big Grin

(05-29-2014, 11:43 AM)Zhavi Wrote:
(05-29-2014, 11:40 AM)Warren Castille Wrote:

Oh, you must know, I specialize in bringing various wholesome (and not so wholesome) characters down into the mud to play.  It's my favorite.  Big Grin

I should warn you, I specialize in disappointing those who have designs involving me.

(05-29-2014, 11:49 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I should warn you, I specialize in disappointing those who have designs involving me.

Challenge accepted.

(But really, I'm just messin'. Unless you wanted your characters to get involved in Limsa and stuff, I wouldn't attempt to do anything with your characters, or get them involved in anything, without your enthusiasm ahead of time)

I'm highly envious of the grind Warren can do. I'm now head deep in raiding and RP. I just get a cumulative 100 hours in with only 6 atma while waiting for my dailies and leveling DoL. >.>

Considering Kage hangs out in the same area I probably should have him say hi. >.> Theoretically they sorta run in the same circles.. or should. <.<

Feel free to vandalize this link until it's properly finished.

I tend to view the default mode for paladins is the courteous nod-and-move-on sort, especially if they're in "duty" mode. Don't worry, Kage, I'm not offended UNLESS YOU'RE MISTELLING THINGS IN PUBLIC ABOUT MY ROLE TO CERTAIN PEOPLE RARGH.

Zhavi, I look forward to being your Moriarty. Or you being mine. Whichever, alignment's all relative.