Hydaelyn Role-Players
Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) (/showthread.php?tid=7284)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Askier - 05-31-2014

Hello forums,

The point of this post is that I'm considering starting another episodic rp event similar to my last one, "Saga of the Wind swept Sands" though unlike the last one which was an attempt  to destroy Ul'dah, this would be more of a game of cat and mouse between two teams, one consisting of those defending Ul'dah and team two which seeks to sow chaos and confusion.  The concept behind this one would be each week, the teams would take turns trying to out play the other. First team to a set number of wins, two or three maybe, would further their goals and lead to either one of two ending events where the heroes win.

So, I would love opinions, feedback, and to brainstorm if there is any interest. Big Grin

RE: Another Episodic RP event? - C'kayah Polaali - 05-31-2014

I'm totally interested! I am on the west coast, so I'm stuck with about 8:00 Pacific time as my earliest start, but I'm totally interested!

RE: Another Episodic RP event? - Vali - 05-31-2014

I'm in

RE: Another Episodic RP event? - Dresden Voltaire - 05-31-2014

I third this motion.

RE: Another Episodic RP event? - cuideag - 05-31-2014

You know D has Askier's back. Say the word!

RE: Another Episodic RP event? - Siha - 05-31-2014

The last one was so fun I'd love to come along for the ride again! And contribute more this time. XD

RE: Another Episodic RP event? - Tiergan - 06-01-2014

I'm interested. I only vaguely heard bits and pieces of the previous event, and I'm curious to see how it all goes for a second round.

RE: Another Episodic RP event? - Askier - 06-01-2014

Well meow,  I'm going to need some help, a lot of help, brainstorming with this one, since it's slightly more ambitious than my last.  Points:

The current idea behind this one is that the bad guys are led by someone called "the doctor" who works for one of the puppet masters that pulled Askier's strings from the first event.  The plan...this time...lol...is for "the doctor" to use explosions, lies, and poisons to spread hysteria among the people and have them lose trust in those whom try to defend Ul'dah, with the ultimate goal of being the people revolting.

Mechanics in mind:

Currently, I am thinking each day, the team leaders do a rock-paper-scissor style choice on the forum indicating what their side is doing that day to outplay the other.  Winning team gets a point.

Once a week, the two teams will get involved in a big, throw down style event based on the results of the rock-paper-scissors style events of the six days before, with the side with the most wins gaining an advantage.  This continues till one side has won two week events.

After this, based on the team that wins the two week events, we move to one of two endings, though the heroes will win, of course.  Ending one, the bad guys win two events and a small,  Garlean strike force tries to storm the city admit a full riot and take claim to it.  Though, should the heroes win two, they manage to stop the venom and cure the "Blue Blood" disease, which is actually a poison the bad guys stab into people at will to spread fear, and shut down "the doctor's" lab.

Things to consider that I need help figuring out how to implement:

First. The "doctor" may or may not be Askier and always has a mask on.

Second, I am unsure how to recruit individuals for "the doctor" since his aims aren't as easily hidden the first event of mine was.  People willing to help the "doctor" would have to be willing to work for the Garleans, or perhaps people could put on a mask and play an npc.  Not sure on this one, need the most help here.

Third. I have no idea how implement it, but a sort of way to measure the panic of the populace of Ul'dah, maybe based on the results of the dail rock-paper-scissors game?  No idea here, or how that could translate into rp.

Fourth, finding a way to sow distrust among the defenders of Ul'dah would be awesome IC, need ideas.

Fifth.  Combat will run the same as my prior event.

Sixth. Please help. lol  My last event had a bunch of brainstorming and I would love more here to help me figure out to make this work.  I couldn't have done the event last time without everyone's help and would like to have it all again if you will help me. =D

RE: Another Episodic RP event? - Kanaria Melkire - 06-01-2014

Well....we all know I'm in!

RE: Another Episodic RP event? - LandStander - 06-01-2014

*Cough, cough* There may have been a certain bandit who tried to bring Ul'dah down to its knee's and is rumored to be an ex-Garlean. 

I had the same trouble of trying to measure how much chaos she would start in Ul'dah. I thought about doing newspaper articles to roll out on the RPC about the happenings of what was going on (to give people IC things to talk about in the Quicksand and stuff). I actually did end up rolling out one episodic newspaper, but then kind of lost the desire. 

I may be able to offer you some help as that group still runs around Thanalan causing mayhem, but they have not started much trouble with the city itself since their leader was rumored to have died as she has not been seen since being ambushed and poisoned by an opposing faction.

RE: Another Episodic RP event? - Aduu Avagnar - 06-01-2014

I would potentially be interested, but most likely not if its a 'the good guy's will win, just the manner of their victory changes'

RE: Another Episodic RP event? - Melkire - 06-01-2014

No. Just... no.

Nuh-uh.

Nope.

No way.

NO.

...okay fine.

RE: Another Episodic RP event? - Jana - 06-01-2014

I'd be interested, but it's hard for me to pin down any single time per week that I'd be available.

RE: Another Episodic RP event? - Askier - 06-01-2014

(06-01-2014, 03:35 AM)LandStander Wrote: *Cough, cough* There may have been a certain bandit who tried to bring Ul'dah down to its knee's and is rumored to be an ex-Garlean. 

I had the same trouble of trying to measure how much chaos she would start in Ul'dah. I thought about doing newspaper articles to roll out on the RPC about the happenings of what was going on (to give people IC things to talk about in the Quicksand and stuff). I actually did end up rolling out one episodic newspaper, but then kind of lost the desire. 

I may be able to offer you some help as that group still runs around Thanalan causing mayhem, but they have not started much trouble with the city itself since their leader was rumored to have died as she has not been seen since being ambushed and poisoned by an opposing faction.

Landstander, your help would be with playing the bad guys for this event would be invaluable.  I'd be thrilled to bounce some ideas off you and have the "leader" meet with my evil alt once we work out a way that makes sense for them to bring you into the fold.

RE: Another Episodic RP event? - Tiergan - 06-01-2014

(06-01-2014, 06:18 AM)Nakoli Chalahko Wrote: I would potentially be interested, but most likely not if its a 'the good guy's will win, just the manner of their victory changes'

Askier can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only reason why he's set to have the good guys ultimately win is because the scenario of the bad guys ultimately winning is impossible to actually RP out: it would mean that Ul'dah was successfully taken and destroyed by the main villain.

Something like that would clash heavily with the perspective of any RPer not participating in the event.