Hydaelyn Role-Players
Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) (/showthread.php?tid=7284)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Tiergan - 06-16-2014

Awesome! I was only peeking in from the fringes of the previous event and was really keen on not missing out on too much with this one.

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Jana - 06-16-2014

I'm unsubbed for now, so no telling if I'll be back in time to participate.

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Melkire - 06-17-2014

Agency. The word I was looking for in my last post was "agency." Giving participants more agency.

D'oh!

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Aya - 06-17-2014

I don't intend to join this plot as an active participate, but as always Aya is available for tie-ins for whatever reason Smile

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Askier - 06-17-2014

(06-16-2014, 01:38 PM)Melkire Wrote:
(06-16-2014, 01:12 PM)Tiergan Wrote: Hnnng... If you start this at the end of the month, how much would I miss out on if I was gone for roughly a week?  I'm flying off on a vacation to visit a friend on the 28th.

Previous event was more of a weekly thing that eventually grew into something more dynamic, as several of us would kick sideplots along between events. That eventually came to influence the weekly meetings themselves.

If I've read through this thread right, Askier's looking to shift focus away from those weekly meetings and give people the freedom to have more of an impact on the plot, how it develops, and how it resolves.*

So, all that considered, you'll likely miss one weekly meeting at most, and whatever roleplay that people get up to amongst themselves in the interim. I doubt you'll fall behind much, to be honest, and this early on there's always room and time for folks to hop in and not feel out of place. Thumbsup 

* - Some examples from the last event, A Wind-Swept Saga:

1. I... may have personally stacked the deck for the heroes between Weeks 3 and 4, having run around recruiting whoever I could for the purpose. Ended up turning one spy into a hero, dragging a certain Lalafell Sultansworn into it, meeting with Askier under a truce, arranging for a rescue operation, etc.  

2. Behind the scenes, Askier's NPC sister Saravena was slated to die during the events of Week 4. Zachary Evans surprised everyone; when the Miqo'te girl was thrown off a cliff into the ceruleum below, he asked me in /tells if he could jump in and try to save her, and if he had any chance of doing so. Surprised the hell out of me, but I figured it was both in-character and an interesting twist, so we agreed that he'd flip a coin. He called it correctly, saved the girl, and ended up impacting each and every remaining aspect of the plot by doing so. As a result, we have Askier amongst the living, a Saravena PC, and a second event (the premise of which turned out to be VERY dependent on whether Askier lived or died).   

3. The outcome of Week 5, a.k.a. the trial, may have seemed railroaded/rigged from the outside looking in, but there were IC interactions and plotting and execution that went into faking Askier's death, which, again, was precipated by Zachary saving Saravena. We ran into some really tense moments (Itar's speech, Barbarccia's insistence that the shot Askier not be moved, Selphy coming with us as we did move him, S'honji 's and Bartolomeo's pursuing of Kahn'a, etc.) that could not have happened without the participants and their freedom of movement.

Osric pretty much hit the nail head with this.  I learned -alot- from my last event, and one of the most important things was to let the rp happen organically and run with it.  The longer the event went, the less scripted it became and, honestly, was more interesting and fun that way. 

During the time between event 4 and event 5, Askier literally did not move from his cell and just planned how to fake his death, and yet tons of things happened without my influence.  I sat back, and watched and learned, via ooc, how many crazy side plots and conversations were going on.  It was a really cool experience knowing I had started something that I no longer needed to push along and loads of people sent me tells letting me know that, while they had never met Askier  IC, they had become involved via the plot to one degree or another through other players and were enjoying it.

My goal for this event is to have more of that, more people involved and interacting with one another without me having to hop on Jin'li all the time.  This way people don't have to wait around for something related to the plot to happen and that the events of the plot can be drastically changed if something rped.

Plus it became less intensive for me to balance everything like I had needed to do for the first parts of my  last event.  Tongue

I should have a set outline posted for event soon.  I've been a little busy with some test preparation and Askier is currently involved in an rp arc that I need to have concluded so he can be useful for this plot.

It might have been done sooner but, well,

"I blame Askier."   >.< 

(06-16-2014, 02:48 PM)Tiergan Wrote: Awesome!  I was only peeking in from the fringes of the previous event and was really keen on not missing out on too much with this one.
Don't worry, there is going to be so much going on you'll be wanting a chance to breath. lol
(06-16-2014, 07:17 PM)Jana Wrote: I'm unsubbed for now, so no telling if I'll be back in time to participate.
Hope you are! Big Grin

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Coatleque - 06-17-2014

(06-17-2014, 02:06 PM)Aya Wrote: I don't intend to join this plot as an active participant...

That's the funny thing about Arrrrgh "P"... sometimes you get dragged right along anyway!

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Aya - 06-17-2014

(06-17-2014, 02:17 PM)Coatleque Wrote:
(06-17-2014, 02:06 PM)Aya Wrote: I don't intend to join this plot as an active participant...

That's the funny thing about Arrrrgh "P"... sometimes you get dragged right along anyway!
When it happens, it happens! I just don't like to become a lynch pin in anything since my time is pretty variable, and I don't like to schedule much in the summer ^_^

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Melkire - 06-17-2014

(06-17-2014, 02:17 PM)Coatleque Wrote:

*whistles innocently*

[Image: kids-grab-ya.jpg]

Angel

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Faustina - 06-17-2014

I would love to join in this!!! It sounds like something I would highly enjoy Big Grin

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Vysce the Lad - 06-18-2014

Ohhh I'm always up for saving the worlld. Or in this case, Ul'dah. My schedule changes alllll the time. . .so me being there is up to luck. But I'd really enjoy coming~ Moogle

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Melkire - 06-30-2014

In light of recent events, I am going to have to withdraw my participation as a hero... and put in as a villain.

Good luck, Kahn'a.

You'll need it.

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Roen - 06-30-2014

(06-30-2014, 11:15 AM)Melkire Wrote: In light of recent events, I am going to have to withdraw my participation as a hero... and put in as a villain.

Good luck, Kahn'a.

You'll need it.
Oh HO HO!

Very interesting.

Although... now I have no idea how and why I would involve my main.

Dammit.

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Aya - 06-30-2014

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why does everyone Aya trusts end up becoming a bad guy?  Maybe Aya is the real villain Sad

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Melkire - 06-30-2014

(06-30-2014, 11:17 AM)Roen Wrote:
(06-30-2014, 11:15 AM)Melkire Wrote: In light of recent events, I am going to have to withdraw my participation as a hero... and put in as a villain.

Good luck, Kahn'a.

You'll need it.
Oh HO HO!

Very interesting.

Although... now I have no idea how and why I would involve my main.

Dammit.

I made Corporal Kokojo this morning. She was left in charge of the search for a certain priest....

EDIT: I'm sorry, Aya. Osric didn't have a choice.

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Kage - 06-30-2014

Good luck, Kahn'a.

You'll need it.

What.

WHAT IS GOING ON IN UL'DAH