Hydaelyn Role-Players
Coatleque Crofte - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Coatleque Crofte (/showthread.php?tid=7290)

Coatleque Crofte - Coatleque - 06-02-2014

I. Basic Info
  • Characters:Coatleque Crofte
  • Primary character:Coatleque Crofte
  • Linkshells: Sultanswarm, The Coarl Sea, Friends of Momodi, Tentative Allies, Sand Pearl, Melkire's Contacts
  • Primary RP linkshell: Sultanswarm

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Heavy. I consider myself to be in-character 98% of the time. Even if I look like I'm OOC, I can easily switch between the two at any time, so don't shy away. Typically, if she is wearing a shield, or showing any weapon other than a sword, that means I am OOC except for special circumstances.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I'm not adverse to RP combat, so long as some kind of system is used. I'd prefer dice rolls to keep things fair and more realistic. Things happen, after all, and everybody makes mistakes. Even grandmaster swordsmen. If you go by a 'trust' system, the winner should be determined before the fight starts OOC. If the fighting drags on longer than 10 - 15 minutes real time, I'll probably get bored. Real fights do not last hours on end.

Fighting should be semi-realistic. That is, don't get all 'Dragonball' on me.

• Views on IC romance:
    Romance is the cornerstone of fantasy.
    Coatleque was not actively looking for romantic involvement, mostly due to her past, for a long time. Through the course of events she did find someone who re-awoke those desires within her. Things did not pan out, however. If she does find someone else, I would expect it to be through the course of RP. It is a natural character development. Please do not send me OOC tells asking if I 'want our characters to be together'. That alone is enough to dissuade me from the idea. I can't force her to like someone that is not a good match for her personality.

I'm not looking for ERP. I'll do the whole fade-to-black thing, or something R-rated at the most. Otherwise, I'm married IRL, so just don't go there.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    I purposefully wrote CC's background to be open-ended in that regard. If you are interested in familial relationship, or even to be someone she may have known from her time spent in the brothel, let me know and we can work something out.
    I will update her Wiki ASAP whenever something pertinent happens.

• Views on lore:
    I consider myself an old-school RP purist. If you don't want to RP inside the lore, there are plenty of other worlds out there with lore that will fit your storyline. You don't have the right to screw with everyone elses story for your own selfish goals.

That being said, I'm not going to be a dick about it in-game. As long as it's not something over the top, I can adjust. I'm not a stickler for details, and I can overlook honest mistakes or spelling. But if you're some re-incarnated whatever from another planet because you're too attached to let go and start a new personality, I'll probably just ignore your background and work with the here and now.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    I believe say should be used the majority of the time for conversation. I enclose all RP dialogue in "double quotes".
    I use the asterisk for *direction or emotion* preceding text, such as: *to Andrew* "Hello." or *tragic irony* "NOOOOOOOOOooooooo!"
    I use /em for longer emotes with occasional short dialogue if it fits.
    In public, I use (( )) or [ ] for OOC comments.

I am typically a fast responder, typing in smaller sentences. While in-game, I take a 1st person approach to role-play, as I believe the atmosphere of the game itself lends to much of the surrounding environment for RP. I do not go into details such as those. I do not express what my character is 'thinking' because there is no way anyone else would know those details in the first person.

On the forums, however, I take more of a 3rd person view because we do not have the game in our sight to setup that atmosphere.

I consider all tells to be OOC by default unless otherwise stated.
    I consider party chat to be OOC by default unless the party was formed with the intention of private RP.

III. Other Info
  • Timezone:EST (GMT - 5)
  • Contact info:Just look for me in-game or PM me on the forums here. Otherwise I like my anonymity.

RE: Coatleque Crofte - Coatleque - 10-13-2014

Major update after 4 months of story archs and lots of character development!

RE: Coatleque Crofte - Rainfell - 10-30-2014

I see you around the Quicksand quite often. Just wanted to say I enjoy seeing snippets of your rps as I go about doing whatever.