Hydaelyn Role-Players
"Making Connections" forum - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: "Making Connections" forum (/showthread.php?tid=7319)

"Making Connections" forum - FreelanceWizard - 06-05-2014

A fairly common request I get is to create a separate forum from RP Discussion (which, let's be honest, is our "General Discussion" forum Smile ) for people looking for RP connections for their characters. This offers the advantage of separating these threads out from discussions on the art of RP and makes for a sort of "RP classifieds." Additionally, I can turn on thread prefixes for that forum so that it can be neatly searched and filtered by server without needing additional forums.

Of course, there's the usual concerns about forum clutter and such, so as promised, I'm now tossing the question open to the community at large. Do you want and would you use a "Making Connections" forum that's separate from RP discussion? Feel free to discuss and toss out ideas, comments, and questions on the concept in this thread.

RE: "Making Connections" forum - Maril - 06-06-2014

I would love to have a forum like that, so I can easily find and answer the relevant interests requests Smile They can be hard to find in the general section when it moves fast.

RE: "Making Connections" forum - Melodia - 06-06-2014

I think it's a good idea. I see so many folks running about and it can be tough in the game to pin down (figuratively LOL) and meet someone OOC to discuss meeting ICly, so I think this offers a different venue by which to do that. May make it easier for shy folks like myself to meet more people and set up rp with with them or at least feel comfortable to approach them in game. Thumbsup

RE: "Making Connections" forum - Gray - 06-06-2014

As someone who is unable to really take part in public RP and events, I would definitely use the forum.  As it stands now, I already make any reliable RP contacts I have through posting advertisements. A dedicated for looking for connections would definitely help.

RE: "Making Connections" forum - Hiroshu - 06-09-2014

As a new player just starting out, I'd definitely use the forum. Balmung seems like a big server with a lot of established groups, so it would be good to have a place to post up and peruse for RP opportunities. I'm still kind of facing information overload as it is... so much lore, so many things I could do with my character, so many people out there looking for RP opportunities. It's hard to know where to jump in, and Making Connections sounds like a good way to make that process a little less overwhelming.

RE: "Making Connections" forum - Saiden - 06-09-2014

I think that would be lovely. As another new player, I have no idea where to get started - and many Free Companies I have looked at in the advertisements seem dead or invite only. So that makes it even more difficult to figure out how to get plugged in. Maybe doing it on a 1:1 basis is the trick.

RE: "Making Connections" forum - FreelanceWizard - 06-16-2014

This poll will soon be over, so if you haven't voted yet but want to, please do so soon. Smile

RE: "Making Connections" forum - Meghatron - 06-16-2014

This would be wonderful, especially for those unsure of where to start or who don't/can't commit to a RP linkshell or FC.