Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. (/showthread.php?tid=7350)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Atamis - 06-11-2014

This has me a bit worried honestly, They also said tank/healer will be released next xpac which means one of three things for my loved musketeer.

1) Gun healer
2) ranged(melee ranged) tank
3) pushed back until post xpac. 

Samurai seems a strong candidate for the tank being as the horse event introduced their entire culture. Which would boil down to them being a healer (Chemist style) and that kinda deflated my hopes. Heres hoping blue mage gets a spell gun.

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Swift Nightclaw - 06-11-2014

(06-10-2014, 06:14 PM)Merri Wrote: So hyped for this, it's unbelievable.

Goodbye Monk, helloooo Ninja~

I chose monk solely as a placeholder until ninja.  I'm right there with you. Smile

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Dogberry - 06-11-2014

(06-11-2014, 02:40 PM)Atamis Wrote: This has me a bit worried honestly, They also said tank/healer will be released next xpac which means one of three things for my loved musketeer.

1) Gun healer

Samurai seems a strong candidate for the tank being as the horse event introduced their entire culture. Which would boil down to them being a healer (Chemist style) and that kinda deflated my hopes. Heres hoping blue mage gets a spell gun.

Musketeer being a healer would actually get me to play a healer.

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Merie - 06-11-2014

this...this..I can't *faints*

I don't care if Eorzea turned into a naruto universe suddenly
bring me the Ninja!

look at the running asdjfghsgsjdjjd

thanks for posting Big Grin

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - TheLastCandle - 06-11-2014

(06-11-2014, 02:40 PM)Atamis Wrote: This has me a bit worried honestly, They also said tank/healer will be released next xpac which means one of three things for my loved musketeer.

1) Gun healer

..rather have that than yet more DPS to clog up the queues, to be quite honest.

For all we know, it could even be a branching class, much like Arcanist. Remains to be seen! But I will say this: the very idea of a Chemist-like healer makes me absolutely giddy. Big Grin

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Dogberry - 06-11-2014

(06-11-2014, 04:28 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote: For all we know, it could even be a branching class, much like Arcanist. Remains to be seen! But I will say this: the very idea of a Chemist-like healer makes me absolutely giddy. Big Grin

I call dibs on the shifty, manic Hunter S. Thompson style chemist healer.

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Maanzo - 06-11-2014

I've been hyping over this since based-Yoshi showed the video.

Not gonna stop anytime soon.

Hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype.

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Aldotsk - 06-17-2014

Well, I know how many players will quit being certain classes and retcon their entire story backgrounds to fit for these two classes now.

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Xydane - 06-19-2014

*Smiles at the Rogue class* Smile

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - TheLastCandle - 06-19-2014

(06-17-2014, 11:38 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: Well, I know how many players will quit being certain classes and retcon their entire story backgrounds to fit for these two classes now.

A lot of players already had stealthy/assassin/knives in their story backgrounds. I do foresee it being a popular class, though. I mean, of course. ;P

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Crisiet - 06-19-2014

(06-17-2014, 11:38 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: Well, I know how many players will quit being certain classes and retcon their entire story backgrounds to fit for these two classes now.

DON'T CARE. STILL EXCITED. YAY.

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Coatleque - 06-19-2014

(06-19-2014, 10:24 AM)TheLastCandle Wrote: A lot of players already had stealthy/assassin/knives in their story backgrounds. I do foresee it being a popular class, though. I mean, of course. ;P

As long as people don't start power-gaming in RP to hide in plain sight or one-shot a fully armored opponent. I understand wanting to be the stealthy assassin, but when my Sultansworn already knows you're there that advantage is lost.

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Warren Castille - 06-19-2014

(06-19-2014, 10:38 AM)Coatleque Wrote:
(06-19-2014, 10:24 AM)TheLastCandle Wrote: A lot of players already had stealthy/assassin/knives in their story backgrounds. I do foresee it being a popular class, though. I mean, of course. ;P

As long as people don't start power-gaming in RP to hide in plain sight or one-shot a fully armored opponent.  I understand wanting to be the stealthy assassin, but when my Sultansworn already knows you're there that advantage is lost.

Our lack of helmets will damn us all.

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Melodia - 06-19-2014

*The stealthy ninja scaled the wall and leapt through the air, as if a feather on the wind, crossing the clouds of Ul'dah with only light toe touches to the rooftops and then dove quickly upon sight of his target.

The Sultansworn with years of training.

The ninja, though new, was still a ninja. And he dove down, hoding his mega knives for the kill. The knives hit and the Sultansworn falls dead at the ninja's feet....because he is a ninja.*

ALL YOUR RP ARE BELONG TO THE NINJA NOW!!

Laugh

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - TheLastCandle - 06-19-2014

(06-19-2014, 10:38 AM)Coatleque Wrote:

As long as people don't start power-gaming in RP to hide in plain sight or one-shot a fully armored opponent. I understand wanting to be the stealthy assassin, but when my Sultansworn already knows you're there that advantage is lost.

My experience has been that this sort of thing works both ways. But suffice it to say I agree. Tongue