Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. (/showthread.php?tid=7350)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - allgivenover - 06-19-2014

Don't forget that it's entirely possible to roleplay a Rogue without roleplaying a Ninja as well. Using the job is not mandatory and judging from the flips and such Rogue is flying just as high on the cool factor as Ninja, just without the Mudra(?) magic.

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - TheLastCandle - 06-19-2014

Or heck, not even a Rogue. "Stealthy, agile hunter who often wields daggers" works for me. The whole Mudra and "Ninpo" schtick doesn't fit at all, in my Keeper's case, nor does the Lominsan underworld history. But stealth and knife-fighting is definitely something I always had in mind for him. Even the glamour I had in mind for him as GLA gives him a dagger and buckler with light armor - so this is perfect.

It'll be interesting to see how Ninja is implemented in the lore, though. Whether it's a "super-special-snowflake" job like White Mage, or if they're actually somewhat common in Doma and Yugiri is training a bunch of them.

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Xydane - 06-19-2014

(06-19-2014, 10:43 AM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(06-19-2014, 10:38 AM)Coatleque Wrote:
(06-19-2014, 10:24 AM)TheLastCandle Wrote: A lot of players already had stealthy/assassin/knives in their story backgrounds. I do foresee it being a popular class, though. I mean, of course. ;P

As long as people don't start power-gaming in RP to hide in plain sight or one-shot a fully armored opponent.  I understand wanting to be the stealthy assassin, but when my Sultansworn already knows you're there that advantage is lost.

Our lack of helmets will damn us all.

Or you guys can train in both arts of combat such as Xydane. We have a common saying in my workplace IRL - "In order to understand your opponent, you must understand how they fight."

Now I finally have a class I can use to back up Xydane's fighting background. *Cough* Ul'dah Assassination *Cough*

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - TheLastCandle - 06-19-2014

^ Hehe, this reminds me of my old NWN persistent world I RPed in. There was a running joke because it seemed like all of the Fighters and Rangers in the local law enforcement had at least 3 Rogue levels.

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - allgivenover - 06-19-2014

(06-19-2014, 12:05 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote: The whole Mudra and "Ninpo" schtick doesn't fit at all, in my Keeper's case, nor does the Lominsan underworld history.

Bleh, the Ninja Job lore will likely have to be ignored or adapted outright because they'll probably pull another "you are the the only one worthy of being a [insert job]" story with a senpai Ninja who will pass down his exclusive super secret skills to you and you alone.

So just do what you want, that's pretty much what I'm doing with Rakka'li and White Mage, eventually.

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Coatleque - 06-19-2014

(06-19-2014, 12:37 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote: ^ Hehe, this reminds me of my old NWN persistent world I RPed in. There was a running joke because it seemed like all of the Fighters and Rangers in the local law enforcement had at least 3 Rogue levels.

Ah yes. I remember this. It was required for sneak attack while flanking in the hopes of getting higher crits, and to dump points in Tumble for that bonus AC.

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Melkire - 06-19-2014

(06-19-2014, 10:24 AM)TheLastCandle Wrote: A lot of players already had stealthy/assassin/knives in their story backgrounds.

*raises hand*

It's not going to affect me in any way other than getting the in-game graphics to match what I'm already roleplaying. I'd say the same goes for a lot of others, as well.

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - UltraFennec - 06-23-2014

Delicious, delicious Rogue. Ninja...I could take or leave, honestly. I like shinobi a lot but it actually didn't look like something I was really dying to do, unlike the Summoner/Scholar with Arcanist.

Of course, having the Dancer show up in the expansion would be the ultimate SQUEE moment, but for now this will be a nice new thing to work at once it's out and I can access the game again.

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Mercurias - 06-23-2014

Let's face it, Rogue is going to swiftly become one of the most popular classes, because there are a LOT of Han Solos and Noble Assassins out there, plus a lot of monks who are going to like having an excuse to pick up a pair of blades. It's all good. This is Roleplay. =D

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - UltraFennec - 06-23-2014

What can I say, I like tricksy characters, and they look good in action! Smile

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - Zhavi - 06-24-2014

(06-19-2014, 12:05 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote: Or heck, not even a Rogue. "Stealthy, agile hunter who often wields daggers" works for me. The whole Mudra and "Ninpo" schtick doesn't fit at all, in my Keeper's case, nor does the Lominsan underworld history. But stealth and knife-fighting is definitely something I always had in mind for him. Even the glamour I had in mind for him as GLA gives him a dagger and buckler with light armor - so this is perfect.

This this this this this this this this this.

Stealth is one of Zhi's mainstays. Zhi sucks at fighting, but she still carries daggers around and uses them for stabby stabby when she's able to go for the back. Big Grin

On an aside, though, the Lominsan underworld history is making me a little nervous. Please don't contradict the rp, please don't contradict the rp...

RE: Rogue/Ninja reveal video. - TheBlob - 06-24-2014

(06-24-2014, 07:57 AM)Zhavi Wrote: On an aside, though, the Lominsan underworld history is making me a little nervous.  Please don't contradict the rp, please don't contradict the rp...

Meh, even so I think it'll just more clearly define things for us. More solid lore, more angles to play. We just adapt. Smile