Hydaelyn Role-Players
Fantasia usage ICly? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Fantasia usage ICly? (/showthread.php?tid=7493)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Fantasia usage ICly? - Yangh - 06-26-2014

I've just come back after a about two months of RL getting in the way and I see that Fantasia's are buyable now?

What is the consensus of using one ICly to change race / sex ect...?

Please let me know! Smile

Also, Hello to anyone who knows / cared enough to miss me. xD

RE: Fantasia usage ICly? - Warren Castille - 06-26-2014

I'm going to be in the minority I suspect, but I don't much care for it. Just hanging out in the Quicksand has let me overhear probably a dozen "I drank it by accident / it spilled on me / someone baked it into cookies" and while there's nothing inherently wrong with that...

It makes me wonder why we're not just weaponizing it and turning every enemy we find into someone else. RIP Dravanian horde, you are now all lalafell.

RE: Fantasia usage ICly? - Yangh - 06-26-2014

I had the same thoughts.

Think of it as an application for the Miqo'te. they'd never have to worry about their birth rates ever again!

Have too many females and not enough males? Have a Fantasia!

Problem solved.

RE: Fantasia usage ICly? - Melodia - 06-26-2014

(06-26-2014, 07:26 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: RIP Dravanian horde, you are now all lalafell.

Yessss.....the master race expands. Muahahahahahaha!!!

RE: Fantasia usage ICly? - Rosekitten - 06-26-2014

I used one conjoined with my back story for my character. Granted the only thing I did was change the gender with a story that she was never male in the first place and that there were reasons she was hiding who she was. Though ic or in the story in general I don't say it was a potion that was used.. more along the lines she dressed as the other gender for a while till she felt safe so to speak.

I have heard some silly reasons ic as to how a potion was consumed but really its up to the one using the potion. If they want to keep the character they made and the story then I think it may be more rewarding to think of a way besides some mishap or accident.

Or if you haven't rp'ed with many then you could do as my husband did and just get in touch with whoever you did rp with and see if they would be willing to write off whatever you were and just say you were what you plan to be all along.

I can understand its usage is the character was dressing as its opposite gender in any passable fashion. That's more along the lines of dressing to their gender than actually swapping it IC.

I do think its a grey area though.. I'm not one to call people out on such decisions when its clearly within the lore of the game that the potions exist.

I'm just a little weary of it. xD

RE: Fantasia usage ICly? - Whittledown - 06-26-2014

I'm fine with it, but people who use it should expect repercussions from whatever race they changed in to. I just don't really see it being accepted too well by most folk ICly.

There's just something inherently weird about being able to change your physical appearance but have none of the social upbringing of actually being your new race. ICly, Hornet is against it. That being said, for witness protection purposes I think it could have fantastic applications.

RE: Fantasia usage ICly? - Kage - 06-26-2014

I WONDERED WHERE YOU WERE.

OK I shall chime in as someone who used fantasia for an IC change.

I am actually ignoring that Fantasia exists in lore. It does not exist for me. Why? Because it would make it too easy and negligible to Kage's story about his change.

I'm using an idea that an experiment was done to him. He doesn't know what or why so it has caused him some issues with people. Some think he is an imposter. Some actually like Kage's change. Others don't seem to care at all. This experiment has long term consequences for Kage's story that will take months IRL to come to fruition.

;_; Kage! You have a TAIL!! What happened?!

Did you really miss me?! *cries tears of joy*

I've got no problem with people changing their characters for an IC reason, I'm just not crazy about "Someone spilled water from the Drowned Roegadyn Spring on me and now I'm one of them" angle.

RE: Fantasia usage ICly? - Berrod Armstrong - 06-26-2014

Yangh! Welcome back! I've wonder why Yangh hasn't been seen drinking far more than is healthy at the Quicksand!

As for in-character fantasia use -- I say, why not! The game gives a decent enough blurb on the potion's effects, and so many other things are possible in the world anyway. Go for it!

highlander male best thing yas

RE: Fantasia usage ICly? - Kage - 06-26-2014

(06-26-2014, 07:58 AM)Yangh Wrote: ;_; Kage! You have a TAIL!! What happened?!

Did you really miss me?! *cries tears of joy*
Kage does! It'll come out! I think. @_@ Short story: In the process of defending Ul'dah Kage has come under the notice of at least one Garlean's evil scrutiny.

yes! I wondered where you were! I.. just thought you got tired of hanging around Ul'dah or RPing in there T_T;

RE: Fantasia usage ICly? - Avalt Laguz - 06-26-2014

(06-26-2014, 07:30 AM)Rurutani Wrote:
(06-26-2014, 07:26 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: RIP Dravanian horde, you are now all lalafell.

Yessss.....the master race expands. Muahahahahahaha!!!

Oh fffuuu- now you've done it Warren!

I have no issue taking responsibility for turning an army of dragons into a bunch of rolling potato people.

RE: Fantasia usage ICly? - Berrod Armstrong - 06-26-2014

(06-26-2014, 08:46 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I have no issue taking responsibility for turning an army of dragons into a bunch of rolling potato people.
gold