Hydaelyn Role-Players
"Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" (/showthread.php?tid=7495)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Kamome - 01-20-2015

(01-20-2015, 02:51 PM)Kamome Wrote: I am new to FFXIV as of the first weekend in January, and new to Balmung as of this morning! I recently finished putting some meat on the bones of my two main characters' wiki pages:

Rosalind, Eccentric Ul'dahn Bookseller: https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Rosalind_Westwind

Kamome, Mopey Doman Smuggler: https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Kamome_Greywing

I am looking for some lore-inclined readers to do a quick scan of my dates and character histories and let me know if they see any glaring errors. I am still very, very new to Hydaelyn's lore because I'm still a new player in the game's lower level ranges.

A warning: they are pretty wordy and full of run-on sentences at the moment. If you read them and catch any errors, I would be eternally grateful (especially because they are so rambly right now...) Please send me a PM if you have any feedback or corrections! My English is not as good as it should be and I would love edit suggestions if they occur to you, too. Maybe it's crazy of me to think one of you would enjoy correcting my English, but I find editing fun, myself.

I can't wait to see all of you in Hydaelyn tonight!

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Caspar - 01-23-2015

Nice sheets. Maybe sometime our characters could meet?
Your character is a refugee and a smuggler. That's two different reasons why she might have stopped briefly at the (non-canon) atoll Virara was raised in. Depending on when she stopped there, Virara might have mugged her or bought from her, I'm a bit more sketchy on the timeline.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Kamome - 01-23-2015

(01-23-2015, 05:52 PM)Caspar Wrote: Nice sheets. Maybe sometime our characters could meet?
Your character is a refugee and a smuggler. That's two different reasons why she might have stopped briefly at the (non-canon) atoll Virara was raised in. Depending on when she stopped there, Virara might have mugged her or bought from her, I'm a bit more sketchy on the timeline.

Hey, that sounds great! I would love to RP with you. I'll check out your wiki today before I get home and friend you when I get online. I am definitely looking for smuggler connections! The atoll idea is very cool—it's possible (because they're around the same age, too) that Kamome would have met her even before she left Doma; her family led a small trading company.

And lala connections!! Especially roguishly-inclined lala connections. >:D

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - E'irawen - 01-29-2015

Casually gonna just join this thread. I recently (through a long story) am recreating K'aworu on Balmung when the server opens up, but I've actually not been actively RPing much for some months... so I kinda need to update his wiki, not to mention probably set him on a more interactable sort of story arc (if that makes sense).

So ahem. Yes hello.

The characters I've been reading in this thread are pretty swanky~

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Edvyn - 01-30-2015

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Edda_Vincents

I gotta do some background story, add descriptions for a couple things and update the pictures (she doesn't wear that dumb skirt anymore)

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Harmonixer - 01-30-2015

I've lost hours reading through so many of these. I'd be happy to contribute, alas... I don't have a character to submit yet.

I love the formats you all use, very easy on the eyes. It's funny to see how much it's changed over the years. Wikis make this so much better.

I suppose in the meantime I'll keep reading. This way I can steal all of your powers and- Whoops.

Carry on.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Kellach Woods - 01-30-2015

I actually update my characters' wikis fairly more often than I did before.

Actually, I think I update their wikis more often than I play them since I'm always on Kellach.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Chris Ganale - 01-30-2015

I'm proud of myself. I've gotten Ganale, Chao, and R'tahz up to date. -Sigh- But I need to un-bulletize Seno's history, add history to Yuuna and Garon, and out and out make Cres' page. -Headdesk-

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Gegenji - 01-31-2015

I actually need to update Chachan's backstory a bit. Not so much rehash the older stuff, but add in some of the newer. He's more or less entered a new "arc" and so I think it would be good to define what's happened thus far. I just need to figure out what to include and what to name those specific sections.

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Kurt S. - 01-31-2015

All these updates to pages and here I am still figuring out the wikis for my other characters.

Finally got around to updating Kat's wiki....but then I realized that arc is coming to an end soonish and then I'll need to ctrlF all the "she" to replace with "he" then rework a few things, replace "Kat" with "Kurt", edit shit, add shtuff to the wiki, recap.....yeah I dont feel like updating the wiki anytime soon. XD

-amateur tsun mode on-
I-it's not like I want you guys to read it or anything. 
-amateur tsun mode off-

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - MadWater - 04-06-2015

Re-resurrecting this thread in the hopes it will motivate me now that my intentions to do so have been made public. Also, I can't be the only one. Get to writin'!

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Menelwen - 04-06-2015

(04-06-2015, 09:46 AM)MadWater Wrote: Re-resurrecting this thread in the hopes it will motivate me now that my intentions to do so have been made public. Also, I can't be the only one. Get to writin'!

Oh, you aren't. I've been needing to update mine for weeks now. x.e Maybe since this week won't be totally crazy I can get around to it. Just...a sentence or two at a time.

Hey, it's progress!

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Berrod Armstrong - 04-06-2015

Slooowwwllly adding the new acquaintances and rumors to mine aggghhh

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Martiallais - 04-06-2015

Do I count if I haven't managed to sit down and make mine yet, even after all this time? >_>

No? Okay, I'll show myself out...

RE: "Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki" - Berrod Armstrong - 04-06-2015

(04-06-2015, 10:14 AM)Zarek Wrote: Do I count if I haven't managed to sit down and make mine yet, even after all this time? >_>

No? Okay, I'll show myself out...
Do iiiit