Hydaelyn Role-Players
An Unscheduled Luncheon [Completed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: An Unscheduled Luncheon [Completed] (/showthread.php?tid=7510)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: An Unscheduled Luncheon [Open] - Coatleque - 07-23-2014

Foolish girl. Did you really think he'd want to talk to you again after last time?

Her heart began to sink once more. She had spent all morning trying to build herself up to this moment, but the flurry of excuses and stammering from both sides was almost too much. He couldn't even bare to look at her. Could she blame him?

"I understand then.", she said quietly as her eyes fell to the ground.

"If you would, then, at least... let me assist with your burdens in silence until you are home. I will leave you be after that."

RE: An Unscheduled Luncheon [Open] - Warren Castille - 07-23-2014

There was an awkward silence that hung heavily in the air around them, but the hustle and bustle of the Lane seemed to carry on. They were in their own little world, the murmur of the crowd blurring together as the sea of people moved around their rock. After a moment, Warren finally got the gumption to speak.

"Look, I'm sorry." The words spilled from him and he seemed surprised by them, but he found the courage to look her in the face. "I didn't - I mean, I get it. I'm sorry for making you think otherwise about me, but... Like you said, that seems to be the norm, right?" He gave a small smile, his eyes shining in anticipation of being utterly destroyed but whatever comes next.

It may have been his words, or it may have been the hot Thanalan sun. Something had made it incredibly hot outside this day. Time seemed to crawl as a hundred knives stabbed at her heart from all directions.

"I... did say that.", she said at length. Her eyes slowly raised to try and meet his once more. "Perhaps I spoke in haste though."

She felt vulnerable once more for some reason, and had not expected to so soon after their last conversation. She wanted to trust him, but didn't know why. Her mind searched for what to say next but as she opened her mouth to speak again all that came out was a squeak.

Warren had to shake himself back to reality, setting his jaw and clenching at the sack of groceries.

"No, you weren't out of place. I know who - what - I am. You're right to not want to -" He cut himself off, his thoughts derailing the words.

-see you again? She's trying to see you. She wanted to walk with you.

With a quizzical look, he posed a question. "Did you want to stop for lunch someplace?"

RE: An Unscheduled Luncheon [Open] - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-23-2014

Natalie turns a corner and see's the two of them, a devilish grin appearing on her face.

"Ser Castille, Ser Crofte." She waves, "Where are you two love birds off to? Something about food?"

"I haven't gotten lunch yet either!"

Yes!

"I..."

YES!

"Ser Castille, Ser Crofte."

NO!

The butterflies in her stomach suddenly congealed into a knot.
"Ser Mcbeef...", she said, almost through her teeth.
"Erm, yes... we were just about to leave. We're on our way to..." She looked back to Warren expecting him to continue her sentence.

That wasn't the sort of obliteration he was expecting.

"Lady Crofte and I were going to sit down and have lunch somewhere. Her and I." He emphasized the terms, knowing it was likely futile.

"There's a lot we have to talk about, I suppose."

Natalie nods thoughtfully, "We do have a lot to talk about. The place in the airship dock does lunch specials, we should go there!"

Natalie chuckles slyly and elbows Crofte gently in the ribs, "We should get going, seems like rain is on the horizon." She winks to the other woman.

She gave Natalie an almost icy glare as she could not believe the woman would bring up that reference right here in the middle of everyone.

"It might have been, but I feel the wind has just changed course. No matter, if Ser Castille does not mind the walk then the lounge is acceptable to me."

She cursed her own politeness which made her unable to flatly refuse Natalie's company.

Warren looked up at the sky.

"I don't know where you two hear your weather, but I heard hot and dry for the rest of the week."

He sighed, giving Coatleque a small smile.

"I think I just heard Nat offer to buy us lunch. We'd be fools not to take her up on it."

Coatleque relaxed just enough to smirk at his comment. She stood next to Warren and tried to slide her arm under and around his while holding the popotoes in her other arm.

"Why yes, I do believe that was implied. How could we turn down such an offer? It is a good thing Highlander men are not known for their vast appetites."

"Hot and dry?" She waves a hand, "Well you know what they say, it's always the darkest before you get laid." She taps her jaw, "Or something like that."

She walks with them towards the elevator, "As for paying..." She pulls out a slip of paper, "I have this!" Natalie exclaims proudly, "Won it last week. I was going to go with Kage, but he's been rather reclusive of late."

The paper is a ticket covered in small hearts.

Free Lover's lunch

Let your love soar like an airship with this romantic lunch in the sky. Join us at the Airship cafe for an all expenses paid meal for two.

(Cannot be combined with any other offers, some terms and conditions apply)

She grins at the two, "Now, should I share this with Ser Vast Appetite, or would you like to?"

Warren took the ticket with his free hand, not minding the knight sliding closer to him in the meanwhile.

"Lovers...?" He read the ticket, studying it with a furrowed brow before looking up to the smiling miqo'te. "Why do I get the sense that you're not going to take 'no' for an answer?"

He looked in Coatleque's direction with an astonished expression. Didn't seem like there was a peaceable way out of this.

Natalie frowns, "You're not interested?" She chuckles and nods her head at the two of them clinging to each other, "You seem to have quite the appetite."

"Why not indulge it a little?"

"Well to be quite truthful, I am quite hungry, but..."

Warren paused, having caught her grin.

"I suspect we're not discussing the same things, are we." His "question" was a flat statement. "I think you're misunderstanding my objectives here."