Hydaelyn Role-Players
What instrument would you use? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: What instrument would you use? (/showthread.php?tid=7515)

Pages: 1 2 3

What instrument would you use? - Ragnar - 06-27-2014

It's like the title says, regardless of if you are a bard or not, what instrument would your character play were they musically inclined? Or maybe they would sing instead.

Alexei would play the ever majestic accordion, and Ragnar would likely sing, probably drunkenly.

RE: What instrument would you use? - FreelanceWizard - 06-27-2014

L'yhta sings, actually; it was one of the few things she was good at when she was growing up, though she doesn't it do it very much these days and is out of practice. She mostly knows two types of songs: old ballads and dirty sea shanties. Smile

If she were to pick up an instrument, I think she'd go for drums -- big, loud, bombastic, thunderous timpani, probably. She'd love the sound and enjoy getting to beat on them.

RE: What instrument would you use? - Faye - 06-27-2014

Miss Covington plays the piano and sings a bit. Big Grin

RE: What instrument would you use? - Shizuka - 06-27-2014

Lalah would probably use a wooden flute, and she's already got a half decent singing voice that she's careful to never use when anyone is around to hear her.

RE: What instrument would you use? - Oscare - 06-27-2014

Oscare sings and dances and would probably use a guitar/bass!

RE: What instrument would you use? - Meghatron - 06-27-2014

Heavenly would sing (and does, when she needs the coin)! With some training gurl would have a mezzo-soprano fit for opera, but as it is now she's got all the carry and none of the nuance.

S'amina would probably go for something easy to fidget with and difficult to permanently break, like a thumb piano/kalimba!

RE: What instrument would you use? - naachyan - 06-28-2014

If there were an equivalent of a Harmonica in FFXIV, I'd like to think that Mylene would play that.

RE: What instrument would you use? - Goodfellow - 06-28-2014

Now that I think about it, I believe that Lolo plays the ukulele or something similar.  It hadn't occurred to me before, but it seems like something he would play around with.

RE: What instrument would you use? - TheLastCandle - 06-28-2014

Yvelont isn't a bard, but does play the mandolin and lute with moderate skill. Don't have to be a bard to play an instrument!

Kendha'to plays a flute, but only very rarely in the presence of others. Specifically, an end-blown flute that's a traditional instrument of his clan. I imagine it sounding similar to a shakuhachi:

But likely closer to this:

RE: What instrument would you use? - Dogberry - 06-28-2014

Dogberry knows how to keep a beat from a lifetime of rowing, and he's fond of singing old sea shanties. The only thing that could make it better is a concertina.

RE: What instrument would you use? - Xenedra - 06-28-2014

Xenedra is especially fond of string instruments, but loves to sing more than play.

RE: What instrument would you use? - Nebbs - 06-28-2014

For Nebula i went with the harp, the Archer guild turfed her out with some old beat up harp to make her way in the world after she failed as an Archer.

She loves to sing also.

Now.. getting slightly out there.. she like to sing magic, and the attainment of crystals. Not sure she has thought of that as an instrument, a set of tuned Aetherite shards?

RE: What instrument would you use? - shotgunbadger - 06-28-2014

Zutoto's totally proficient in sea shanties and can play a mean accordion.

RE: What instrument would you use? - Aya - 06-28-2014

The harp!

RE: What instrument would you use? - Askier - 06-28-2014

[youtube]Mx0xCI1jaUM[/youtube]

Askier would play the cello.

Why?  Hmm, cause it's range: splendid, its tone: persuasive, its look: flawless...plus he would look hot as hell playing it.  LOL.