Hydaelyn Role-Players
Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) (/showthread.php?tid=7595)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Elyscia - 07-09-2014

'Oh Gods.'

The sight of the man vehemently blowing bubbles out at her nearly made her drown - she laughed, and had to quickly surface as she spluttered the water out and coughed, wiping her face with her hand and glancing at him rather shyly.

"Bloody Hells, Mister.." her voice was croaked and she tried to clear her throat.

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Warren Castille - 07-09-2014

All at once the bubbling stopped.

...Dammit.

He stayed submerged for a long moment, blinking once and watching as a girl he recognized sputtered and splashed. Once she spoke he slowly rose out of the pool, his eyes looking away and his expression clearly one of embarrassment.

"Er... Ms. Rose. I didn't, uh... recognize you...?" He rubbed the back of his neck and grimaced. "I was just engaging in your hijinx. You know how it is. Vacation and all...?"

He didn't sound terribly convincing, but he couldn't afford to let his reputation or demeanor be jeopardized!

His embarassment and awkwardness of the situation was making it worse for her - she could feel her face redden, and it definitely wasn't due to the heat from the springs.

"....Mister - uhm...?" Furrowing her brows, she knew he sounded, smelled, and looked familiar, but couldn't exactly remember his name. 
"-Mister Warden? S'that you? Bloody Hells, what're you doin' 'ere? 'N' ah don' bleedin' ken what yer oan 'bout! Ah wis here firs' 'n' ah blow when ah bloody feel like it. S'Victory here 'n' all?"

She sat on the rocky 'steps' by the side of the pool as the bottom of her chin touched the water, and looked around the area as though the large chocobo would appear out of nowhere.

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-09-2014

Natalie's "request" sent him into shock. "NO WAY IN THE BLOODY HELLS AM I KISSING HIM! I've got a wife and child back home in Garlemald for bloody sake's!"

What could only be described as an awkward silence followed. One, he lost his temper. Two, he lost his cover. Three, the idea that giving Kage a "wake-up kiss" was even an option.

He waited for what would follow, himself surprised at some of what he'd blurted about. A thought lingered in his mind "I /have/ a wife and child?"

Warren wasn't sure whether she was misremembering his name or addressing him with a title, so he let it go.

"I doubt anyone except maybe you would like it if Victory splashed down on these people during their vacation." He gestures an arm out at the various crowds, all happily frolicking and running here and there. A blonde in a bikini with her hair done up in a ponytail jumped up and down off in the distance, excitedly calling out to whoever would look at her.

"Whoooooo! Hot springs! This is the best, right?!"

Warren let his hand splash down into the pool.

"Looks like everyone's off having fun."

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Kage - 07-09-2014

The yell jolted Kage awake, springing off the bed looking for his sword. His hand did not reach one as he both did not have one there and he had clumsily fallen in his forgetfulness that he was a Miqo'te.

"GO BACK TO GARLEMALD YE TWELVE-DAMNED GARLEAN MERCENARY! Ye took Frhanz!" Kage hissed before pausing. The man had a wife? And child?

Kage just blinked confused before crawling over to Natalie, protectively. "She ain't yer wife! Is this what this trip's all about?"

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-09-2014

Natalie blushes, and reaches over to hold Porkchop's hand, "Didn't I tell you? This is a honeymoon."

Kage spluttered. There was no other word for it but that. Spit flew just a little as his face flushed red with anger and hurt as he stood up, glaring at the Garlean.

"You! YOU!!"

He grit his teeth before releasing a deep breath. He blinked tears from his eyes as he turned to Natalie.

"Is he what you want Natalie? This big hulking menace of a Garlean? This man?"

Elyisc'a red, matted ears pressed down against the side of her head when the blond hyur girl squealed out and she grimaced at her general direction. 

Her expression relaxed slightly when she looked at the hyur man, though, "Ah dunno, Mister Warden.. Ah think ah'd have mare fun if Victory wis here.. Ah like choc'bo's mare than folk, 'n' mebbe Victory'd like t'have ah bath 'n' all. Dae ya give him baths?" The miqo'te tilts her head and her eyes widen, showing her interest in hearing about his bird friend.

Merc just chuckled, noting out loud, "so I would have to assume this is how Natalie is with everyone?"
Looking at the mess of a miqo'te that would be Kage, he felt it necessary to speak now, for fear that Kage would faint again. "Er...no. Hold your chocobos, or whatever that saying is. She's all yours." He moved his hand away and looked around the room for an escape. "If I was planning on ruining your life some more, I'm sure I could have come up with a better plan than landing a relationship with someone who looks half my age."

"And like I just said, I've already got a family....I think?" In a quieter voice, nearly a whisper to himself "I mean, who else could that woman and girl have been? They were staring right at me....and those eyes." No matter how hard he tried to think of that dream, there was nothing more he could remember. 

Looking Kage directly in the eyes, "do me a favor, even if I don't deserve it. Don't faint again, just because your worst enemy and your best friend can hold a conversation."

And looking at Natalie, he couldn't help but give a defeated sigh at being called "porkchop" yet again. "What is it with you and that nickname? Really....."

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-09-2014

Natalie sighs, pulling out a handkerchief and wiping the spit from her face, "Calm down love, this is supposed to be vacation after all." She leans down and kisses his forehead, "And I think you need one... " she shakes her head, "You've been so angry ever since... whatever happened happened. Just trying to have a little fun."

"And what's wrong with Porkchop, porkchop, they're delicious." She nods, "You should be honored. Anyway I want you two to shake hands and be friends."

Warren seemed almost amused at how easily the girl latched onto the topic.

"Victory? He loves baths! I don't know if he'd like it here, though. No bubbles. Well, no soap bubbles. I think he likes to pretend he's a coeurl." He gave a small grin, folding his arms over his chest. "Or a crab."

Kage shook his head still confused, "Natalie, if you are on a honeymoon with this... Porkchop fellow why did you want me here?"

He sighed noticing that his bag was at the door. He stooped to grab it as he said softly, "I'll go back and take my stuff out of your home. I don't want to intrude on your honeymoon after all."

(07-09-2014, 06:18 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: "...shake hands and be friends."

He doubted it could be /that/ simple. Given what he'd done to Kage. But at the same time, he also knew Kage valued his friends and family above all else.

He very calmly tries to explain to Natalie. "You know....I'm the one responsible for well....this." He's not exactly as smooth-talking when showing guilt. He wasn't sure if Natalie got the whole "Merc is responsible for Kage become a miqo'te thi"ng", so he'd have to be more specific. 

"Hmm, well. OK, let's try this." He removed the glamour from his head hiding the Garlean third eye. "This is me. I am a Garlean and I signed up for an experiment to get artificial aether reserves. And well, I think Kage can tell you how well they worked. Let's just say lots of things went bloody wrong, and I was dumped into Thanalan without any memories of my life. A series of bad decisions and bad employers, and I found myself at the Ceruleum Processing Plants handling a kidnapping, which is where I met Kage. You try imagining what to do when you're half-crazy. Of course I went after the little bugger. Things progressed pretty normally during my anger management "issues" period and I met a certain hyuran woman who was probably the only link to my past. Fast forward a bit and I kidnapped Kage and I think you've seen the rest yourself, or the important bits. Oh, and Frhanz died. Sorta. It's complicated to explain, but let's just say there's an echo of his memories, skills, and experiences in me and not go into aether-theory."

It was wordy, probably a terrible idea, and if he was lucky, maybe Natalie wouldn't be debating whether to fall asleep or to kill him on the spot. If he was going to make any amends for what he'd done, he'd have to give the full story eventually, and hiding who he was wasn't helping.

Getting it out was good too, as the stress with trying to manage hiding the truth was gone. He sighed, "so if you really think we can be on friendly terms after that, I'm all for it. I don't expect Kage to forgive and forget the terrible things I've done, nor do I expect things will simply 'get better' without the effort involved. "

"But also imagining waking up one day and realizing how much of your life you take for granted. Friend. Family. Not being dumped out of your country. I don't have those, and can't even remember how my life led up to that. Hells, I was probably the most surprised when I blurted out I might have a wife and daughter, even if I can't go 'home' ".

At this point Merc was defenseless, vulnerable, and pretty much man-sobbing. It much have looked utterly ridiculous. He didn't know why he felt comfortable letting so much information out, and simply attributed it to another one of Frhanz's habits. The elezen had certainly like to talk endlessly, and couldn't have been defenseless while doing so.

"So there you have it. Do with me what you will. I think we all know a jail probably won't get very far."

(07-09-2014, 08:58 PM)ExKage Wrote: Kage shook his head still confused, "Natalie, if you are on a honeymoon with this... Porkchop fellow why did you want me here?"

He sighed noticing that his bag was at the door. He stooped to grab it as he said softly, "I'll go back and take my stuff out of your home. I don't want to intrude on your honeymoon after all."

(07-09-2014, 06:18 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Natalie sighs, pulling out a handkerchief and wiping the spit from her face, "Calm down love, this is supposed to be vacation after all." She leans down and kisses his forehead, "And I think you need one... " she shakes her head, "You've been so angry ever since... whatever happened happened. Just trying to have a little fun."

((Kage, I think this was directedd at you))

(07-09-2014, 06:18 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: "And what's wrong with Porkchop, porkchop, they're delicious." She nods, "You should be honored. Anyway I want you two to shake hands and be friends."

((And this at Unnamed Mercenary))