Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking for a cottage >_<! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Looking for a cottage >_<! (/showthread.php?tid=7618)

Pages: 1 2 3

Looking for a cottage >_<! - Blue - 07-09-2014

Hello everyone,

Patch 2.3 came upon us with lots of exciting content, from quests to PvP to amazing new weapons. Personally, what I was looking forward the most was chocobo raising, and of course, the private rooms.

I should have probably expected that the price would have been higher than the base 2M the other small plots had been in the past in the other wards, and when I saw it in the patch notes, I realized that what my small FC had saved in the chest wouldn't have been enough.

Luckily, I knew that among our members there would have been enough gil to put together at the last minute. All I needed was for them to log in.

However I must've underestimated the gil-making ability of the players of Balmung, as all the small plots vanished from under my nose, without so much than a moment of wait for the prices to lower a bit. Needless to say, before any of my other FC mates could log in, all the plots we could afford were taken.

I have made a similar post in the general forum as well, so please don't think that I'm pointing the finger at the roleplayers specifically, this is something that any player does. Before individual rooms came out, a lot of wealthy players who wished to have their own place saved up enough to make 1-man FCs and get themselves a small plot to fulfill their goal.

I mainly blame SE for releasing FC housing before individual housing honestly. It was only obvious that this phenomenon would have happened; who doesn't want their own place?

So here is the question. Now that personal rooms are out, giving a good opportunity for personal space without needing a whole house, is there anyone out there who is considering to sell their personal cottage to maybe move to a room in someone else's FC?

Or, since this phenomenon is occurring, although much rarer, is any of those "cloned"(?) free companies willing to sell one of their cottages? I'm talking about those FCs splitting in two or more free companies (under the same name/tag) in order to acquire more houses.

I am holding no grudge against anyone here for possessing 1-man FCs or multiple FC housing, and am aware this is a big shot in the dark, but seen how we will not be able to afford a medium or large house, this is the best I can do aside my other thread asking for more wards on the official forums to try and make my free company happy about this patch.

Sorry for the long post, and have a good day!

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - Flickering Ember - 07-09-2014

Whoa. Are you telling me that all the smalls in all wards are already gone? If so that is insane. Ugh people....

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - Blue - 07-09-2014

(07-09-2014, 11:12 AM)Flickering Ember Wrote: Whoa. Are you telling me that all the smalls in all wards are already gone? If so that is insane. Ugh people....
Unfortunately yes, they are. Now that housing actually gives access to restricted content (chocobo raising, and incoming airship building), it's fairly normal. Though even I was surprised by how everyone seemed to have 4-5M at hand and nobody waited for the prices to drop. I guess I am doing something wrong in how I make money, cause I could never manage such a huge amount in such a short time. x_X

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - Warren Castille - 07-09-2014

Tank privilege is real, my friends. I won't disclose how much money I've made just doing dailies and roulettes for myth, but...

Yeah.

I'm sorry you're stuck looking for something new to come along. I'm envious you're getting to play with Rogue and Ninja already, though!

...you mean 2.3 landed, not 2.4.

I hope someone's able to hook you up. Sad

(07-09-2014, 11:22 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: ...you mean 2.3 landed, not 2.4.
Oops, sorry. Fixed the typo Dazed

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - Aya - 07-09-2014

(07-09-2014, 11:22 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I won't disclose how much money I've made just doing dailies and roulettes for myth, but...
*slides an arm around Warren's, batting her eyelashes. So... you're single now, right?

(Just kidding ^_~)

Good luck finding a place, its a shame that housing is such a limited commodity.

(07-09-2014, 11:26 AM)Aya Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 11:22 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I won't disclose how much money I've made just doing dailies and roulettes for myth, but...
*slides an arm around Warren's, batting her eyelashes. So... you're single now, right?

(Just kidding ^_~)

Good luck finding a place, its a shame that housing is such a limited commodity.

This is the wrong thread for that sort of thing! Besides, it's complicated...

I heard nightmares about houses being snatched up yesterday. It's a shame that wards are set up like they are: Would be nice if plots could just match any sized house.

Then I suppose the problem would be that everyone snatched up 30 plots for teensy houses... Hm.

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-09-2014

Nat and Kage were up at 3AM PDT to grab their house the moment the servers were back online. ..Apparently they had neighbors within 10 minutes of the server being up.

Everyone should come stalk them once they've got it sorted ICly. ...there's a personal cat room and a Garlean holding chamber.

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - Kage - 07-09-2014

Indeed, as soon as my friends and I resolved to make our FC we decided we would aim to get a house in Ward 6 of the Goblet. We knew that a 6th ward was going to be added and that most likely prices would be ~ 5mil. Possibly higher if Square Enix was going to be a massive pain.

So we had pulled the gil we had saved already (2-3mil) and spiritbonded and retainer-quick ventured our way to both buying mats to rank our FC in 2 weeks to also getting 6mil+ saved to buy the plot we wanted.

We also planned for the fact that the patch is available for download during the maintenance and that typically things go live ~1 hour before they say it would. In this case, one of us planned to be awake at 3am PST in order to buy the plot we wanted. At 3:30am I woke up and saw that we had gotten the plot we wanted and were the first to get one. I woke up at 4am to get ready for work and at 4:30 we already had 5 other small house neighbors and 1 medium house neighbor.

I hope you find something from people who have moved from a small to a medium or even a large.

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - Hiro - 07-09-2014

I think the single wards opening was just an oversight, according to reports on Reddit, its really only a few servers who were affected this way, unfortunately, Balmung was one of them.

There are a lot of predictions as to whether or not servers like Balmung will get additional wards in light of everything and most are leaning towards very likely. There are no guarantee's though...

As far as making Gil goes... as Warren said, Tank Privilege FTW; Guildhests and quick CT pops were how I made most of my money alongside Alchemy and gaming the Market Boards. At any given time people are buying Myth materials for 60-120k a pop, and I hear Treasure Hunting can be quite Lucrative if you've got a good like-minded party.

(07-09-2014, 12:01 PM)Hiro Wrote: As far as making Gil goes... as Warren said, Tank Privilege FTW; Guildhests and quick CT pops were how I made most of my money alongside Alchemy and gaming the Market Boards. 
Hmmm, I just gave a try do duty-roulette as tank, and got around 7K for a 40mins work. Am I doing it wrong or is this the amount/hour I should aim for? I don't think I enjoy tanking enough to do this for hours everyday Dazed...

(07-09-2014, 12:07 PM)Blue Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 12:01 PM)Hiro Wrote: As far as making Gil goes... as Warren said, Tank Privilege FTW; Guildhests and quick CT pops were how I made most of my money alongside Alchemy and gaming the Market Boards. 
Hmmm, I just gave a try do duty-roulette as tank, and got around 7K for a 40mins work. Am I doing it wrong or is this the amount/hour I should aim for? I don't think I enjoy tanking enough to do this for hours everyday Dazed...

Strongly recommending grinding something you hate. I made a decent amount but consider that was since the Animus weapon patch. I benefited from selling dress mats from treasure maps, I got lucky on some retainer ventures before they got patched, I sold a bit of materia earned while grinding FATEs for Alexandrite.

Tank bonus gil is nice. Mob kill gil is nice. It all adds up, but if you're looking for a cash injection I don't have an answer for you. Once my cash reserves get blown out by blown up Tier4s for my sword I don't know what I'll do to replenish them.

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - Lightningtear - 07-09-2014

So... now I need to be MORE social and join an FC to get access to ways to make this game more fun. I know this is an MMO and I love RPing but some of us are not as friendly and open to joining people as everyone is. 

Anyway, people I know say gathering, melding, and doing soul binding and selling good materia is a good way to make money. Gathering and crafting being the most easily controlled form. 

Other than that... playing tanks and healers for popular and worthy dungeons seems to be the best method as those are the least replaceable roles.

P.S. A friend of mine made 20k or more quickly thanks to crafting, melding and gathering, and that was within an hour or two of her being on, even more cash as she worked longer. I know some people who get decent things from MAPS too. 
So... yeah, but I'm not sure I have the time to commit to all that as much as I'd like. Work an all, as many of you endure.

P.S. Some of us RPers also just aren't ready to let our characters join ICly as well.

Hm, so it sounds like I'll just have to keep doing what I've been doing. Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Again, if anybody is interested in selling their extra house, let me know. I have enough to afford a small plot, and will probably keep adding little cash to that amount as I wait for an offer or new ward to be up.

(07-09-2014, 12:31 PM)Lightningtear Wrote: So... now I need to be MORE social and join an FC to get access to ways to make this game more fun. I know this is an MMO and I love RPing but some of us are not as friendly and open to joining people as everyone is. 

Anyway, people I know say gathering, melding, and doing soul binding and selling good materia is a good way to make money. Gathering and crafting being the most easily controlled form. 

Other than that... playing tanks and healers for popular and worthy dungeons seems to be the best method as those are the least replaceable roles.

P.S. A friend of mine made 20k or more quickly thanks to crafting, melding and gathering, and that was within an hour or two of her being on, even more cash as she worked longer. I know some people who get decent things from MAPS too. 
So... yeah, but I'm not sure I have the time to commit to all that as much as I'd like. Work an all, as many of you endure.

P.S. Some of us RPers also just aren't ready to let our characters join ICly as well.

I know what you mean. It's going to sound like I'm bragging, though, so I'm gonna spoiler it. Move along, people.

Show Content