Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Courtesan Coalition - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: The Courtesan Coalition (/showthread.php?tid=7652)

Pages: 1 2

The Courtesan Coalition - PkThunda - 07-14-2014

[Image: 15fluhf.jpg]
The Courtesan Coalition
An IC/OOC linkshell for Courtesan Players on Balmung.

While the life of a courtesan is a competitive one, fighting against her peers for work and attention, one can always benefit from communications with your rivals.

Due to the upheavals in the city, as well as the dangers of civilian ignorance, a Tawaif of Ul'dah has begun to band together with fellow courtesans through the use of linkpearls in hopes of supporting one-another. 

By making a network, Z'zhumii Umi hopes to foster both sisterhood and competition within the ranks of Eorzea's most sought after companions.

The main goals of the coalition are:
  • Share trade secrets
  • Mentor those interested in becoming a courtesan
  • Direct clients to one another as needed
  • Blacklist belligerent clientele (/players)
  • A safe space for the women in the trade to speak freely
–

What is a courtesan?

What is the purpose of this Linkshell?
This linkshell has been made to better promote roleplay and provide information to those who are interested in the character concept.
If you are looking for a connection to fellow courtesan players in hopes of creating IC rivalries, finding a mentorship, and/or  business partners, this may be a good fit for you.

The linkshell itself is both in-character and out-of-character, differentiated by the use of brackets (( )) for OOC talk.

Rules

1. Ages 18 plus due to the adult nature of the character played.
  2. Racist, homophobic, transphobic, whorephobic, and ableist talk and language will not be tolerated.
  3. Only female characters are welcome in the linkshell. All player gender identities are welcome.
  4. Spamming the channel is ill advised.
  5. This linkshell is not a place for ERP, ERP alts, or finding ERP partners.
  6. In-fighting on an OOC level will result in both parties being removed.

RE: The Courtesan Coalition - Zhavi - 07-14-2014

This sounds really awesome. Zhi is fascinated with whores, so courtesans would be like the ultimate obsession for her, haha. Maybe I'll get to rp with you folks sometime!

RE: The Courtesan Coalition - thesunalsorises - 07-19-2014

Ophelie is so joining this linkshell, as she makes most of her money as a courtesan. It's great that she can talk with others who do the same.

RE: The Courtesan Coalition - PkThunda - 07-20-2014

(07-19-2014, 11:50 PM)thesunalsorises Wrote: Ophelie is so joining this linkshell, as she makes most of her money as a courtesan. It's great that she can talk with others who do the same.
Hurray! I'll be on tonight, so drop me a /tell and I'll invite you!

There is so much to be done with courtesan characters- rivalries, apprenticeships, kinship!

RE: The Courtesan Coalition - thesunalsorises - 07-22-2014

(07-20-2014, 01:16 AM)PkThunda Wrote:
(07-19-2014, 11:50 PM)thesunalsorises Wrote: Ophelie is so joining this linkshell, as she makes most of her money as a courtesan. It's great that she can talk with others who do the same.
Hurray! I'll be on tonight, so drop me a /tell and I'll invite you!

There is so much to be done with courtesan characters- rivalries, apprenticeships, kinship!

Sorry, I couldn't catch you on Sunday, I had to go to bed early for work, but I'll try to catch you tonight or later this week.

RE: The Courtesan Coalition - PkThunda - 08-19-2014

A little information has been updated on the LS post proper!

RE: The Courtesan Coalition - Reshie - 11-01-2014

I keep missing you when I'm on Adelina but I'm highly interested in your LS! This sounds like a blast and completely in like with what Adelina needs: friends, associates and those that get it and her business! Big Grin

RE: The Courtesan Coalition - Soahl - 05-04-2015

Hey, is this Linkshell still active? I've got a character who'd definitely fit the theme and it'd be fun to be able to RP out the back end of the aspect (talk business and the like).

RE: The Courtesan Coalition - TheRealFugazi - 05-05-2015

Well, I know which LS I'm certainly looking at joining.

RE: The Courtesan Coalition - Merai the Vixen - 05-05-2015

Oh DAYUM I could totally get all messed up in whoredom!!! This would be GREAT!!!

Add me!!

RE: The Courtesan Coalition - Gabineaux - 05-20-2015

I DON'T MEAN TO JUST BUTT MY ASS IN HERE... (sure I do)

But if you fine ladies are all looking for an event to gyrate at, you're more than welcome to this one:
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=11706

My only thing is, I'm not gonna be paying anybody any real gil. Just pretend RP gil. Is that ok?

RE: The Courtesan Coalition - PkThunda - 05-20-2015

(05-20-2015, 09:24 PM)Augustine Frost Wrote: I DON'T MEAN TO JUST BUTT MY ASS IN HERE... (sure I do)

But if you fine ladies are all looking for an event to gyrate at, you're more than welcome to this one:
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=11706

My only thing is, I'm not gonna be paying anybody any real gil. Just pretend RP gil. Is that ok?

That depends on the person!

I won't be available to attend, due to ooc health issues, but I normally have an actual gil fee for Umi. Others probably do not, and I am sure someone here will fit the bill nicely! Big Grin

RE: The Courtesan Coalition - M'ira - 06-01-2015

Would it be possible for Mira to join as an apprenticeship? She doesn't have any experience as a courtesan but is interested in how the trade works.

RE: The Courtesan Coalition - PkThunda - 06-05-2015

The linkshell information has been updated, now featuring a new banner, link to the Courtesan Compendium 2.0, and rules!

(06-01-2015, 12:11 PM)M'ira Wrote: Would it be possible for Mira to join as an apprenticeship? She doesn't have any experience as a courtesan but is interested in how the trade works.
Absolutely! My attendance is a tad spotty due to medical issues, but I would most certainly be willing to RP that with you!
Or, if another in the group has a schedule more fitting for you, you're more than welcome to ask one of them.

PM me when you're online so I can invite you.

RE: The Courtesan Coalition - Lamia Oakalee - 07-11-2015

Id like to join this linkshell.  Sounds fun!  Lamia Oakalee is my character!