Hydaelyn Role-Players
Yellowjacket Lore - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Yellowjacket Lore (/showthread.php?tid=7701)

Pages: 1 2

Yellowjacket Lore - Melodia - 07-18-2014

Okay.,...seeing as how I am at work, looking up lore stuff will give me a death screen, I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the Yellowjacket lore? And maybe this can be a good repository for that info for others that are interested.

I know the uniforms based on what I can see in the city, but other details would be awesome.

Like, for instance, I see many with axes. Are they all Marauders or Warriors?  Are they all Roes? I know in the Maelstrom I have seen Lalas (in Aleport), but every image I pull up shows the Yellowjackets as Roes.

And rank structure. As a veteran I have my own idea of ranks, but would that translate here or does it mirror the Sultansworn (i.e. Captain Jenlys counterpart in Limsa)?

So any info or links or ideas here would be awesome. Like I said, that way this thread can be a good resource for anyone interested in rp'ing as one or just for a better understanding of their role in the city. Smile

RE: Yellowjacket Lore - Rosekitten - 07-18-2014

Lore I will have to be more awake for.. just woke up x.x

I've seen some hyur and lalafell Jackets if I remember right from little side quests and stories. Don't recall on elezen or miq'ote.. though I doubt the group is biased towards anyone willing to help their cause really.. probably roes and hyur are more common to the area then  the other races?

Also after offering to help you get the items together for the uniforms the other day.. it did cross my mind there might have been a few different types of uniforms. >-> I have to go through my story quests to see if I can't find if I remember right or not.

Random link.. though information seems scarce like everything else lore wise:
http://orcz.com/FFXIV_ARR:_Yellowjacket

RE: Yellowjacket Lore - Melodia - 07-18-2014

(07-18-2014, 09:11 AM)Rosekitten Wrote: I've seen some hyur and lalafell Jackets if I remember right from little side quests and stories. Don't recall on elezen or miq'ote.. though I doubt the group is biased towards anyone willing to help their cause really.. probably roes and hyur are more common to the area then  the other races?

Also after offering to help you get the items together for the uniforms the other day.. it did cross my mind there might have been a few different types of uniforms. >-> I have to go through my story quests to see if I can't find if I remember right or not.
I think I can also recall a lalafell but I need to take a walk again around the city and see. Maybe head around the La Noscea points to see everyone and have a better grasp. Part of my question there is just general knowledge....the other part is selfish. Hehe! I need to determine what do if I drink that fantasia when I reboot Melodia and so of course the 1001 questions I have of race come into it. Femroe? Miqo'te? Hyur? Elezen? Hmmmmmm.....lol.

RE: Yellowjacket Lore - Coatleque - 07-18-2014

(07-18-2014, 09:11 AM)Rosekitten Wrote: probably roes and hyur are more common to the area then  the other races?

This, most likely.
I've seen all races in Ul'dah as Blades, Flames, and Sworn. But Ul'dah has probably the largest mixed race population of all the city states. Ishgard has probably the lowest.

As for rankings, if they are akin to the Brass Blades it is probably a sort of police-force style of ranks. Officer, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain. Unless you find one in-game referred to as a higher rank than Captain.

The Sultansworn are a bit different in that they have no real ranks from what I gather. They are led by the Captain, and there is one other "Grand Master" which is probably akin to a Sergeant Major.

(07-18-2014, 09:23 AM)Coatleque Wrote:
(07-18-2014, 09:11 AM)Rosekitten Wrote: probably roes and hyur are more common to the area then  the other races?

This, most likely.
I've seen all races in Ul'dah as Blades, Flames, and Sworn.  But Ul'dah has probably the largest mixed race population of all the city states.  Ishgard has probably the lowest.
LOL! Then if that's the case I will need to do something. Having a high ranking law enforcement person who is a red headed female Hyur (Melodia currently)....seems like it's being done already. Laugh

Excuse to take a break from mining.. I'll take it XD I'll let you know and if I find the so called other outfit i swear i saw I'll screen it.

RE: Yellowjacket Lore - Coatleque - 07-18-2014

(07-18-2014, 09:26 AM)Rurutani Wrote: law enforcement person who is a red headed female Hyur

Dem redheads. Am I right Roen?

In all seriousness though, I wouldn't overly worry about race makeup in the organization. The whole game seems to be fairly... fair... about that sort of thing, if that makes sense. The Commander of the Maelstrom is a Miqo'te if I remember correctly.

(07-18-2014, 09:31 AM)Coatleque Wrote: [quote pid=96773 dateline=1405689973]
 The Commander of the Maelstrom is a Miqo'te if I remember correctly.

[/quote]
Yes. You are correct. Smile

RE: Yellowjacket Lore - Warren Castille - 07-18-2014

I've got virtually nothing to provide lore-wise, but I am armed to the teeth with rampant speculation!

The Yellowjackets, Brass Blades and Wood Wailers all seem to fill the same role: They're law enforcement without being military. You asked about all Jackets being Marauders and while I don't think it's a rule... I think it's telling that the Blades all use sword and Wailers all use lances.

How convenient! The MRD guild is in Limsa, and the GLD guild shares home with the Blades, and Wailers come from the same fields as the LNC guild. It's not unreasonable to assume that many of the rank-and-file are just folks from the city guilds who got picked up into duty. Brass Blades use swords because swordplay is familiar in Ul'dah. I imagine the Jackets use axes for the same reasons.

I can see the posters now. "Tired of swinging that axe to chop wood? Wish you could make more than 50 gil for clearing out wharf rats? SIGN UP AND PUT ON THE YELLOW JACKET."

There's also the meta that you want new players to see familiar things; If you picked MRD for your first character and then got to see all these awesome lance or pug animations... I think there's a degree of YOU PICKED AXES? WELL AXES ARE THE MOST AWESOME THING, DIG THESE CONALS going on.

I'm more of running around trying to find er.. I guess rank outfits. So far only found one and I'll upload it in a bit when I get a moment. Though the only real difference is a red helm and higher level leather boots from what I could tell.

(07-18-2014, 09:39 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I've got virtually nothing to provide lore-wise, but I am armed to the teeth with rampant speculation!

The Yellowjackets, Brass Blades and Wood Wailers all seem to fill the same role: They're law enforcement without being military. You asked about all Jackets being Marauders and while I don't think it's a rule... I think it's telling that the Blades all use sword and Wailers all use lances.

How convenient! The MRD guild is in Limsa, and the GLD guild shares home with the Blades, and Wailers come from the same fields as the LNC guild. It's not unreasonable to assume that many of the rank-and-file are just folks from the city guilds who got picked up into duty. Brass Blades use swords because swordplay is familiar in Ul'dah. I imagine the Jackets use axes for the same reasons.

I can see the posters now. "Tired of swinging that axe to chop wood? Wish you could make more than 50 gil for clearing out wharf rats? SIGN UP AND PUT ON THE YELLOW JACKET."

There's also the meta that you want new players to see familiar things; If you picked MRD for your first character and then got to see all these awesome lance or pug animations... I think there's a degree of YOU PICKED AXES? WELL AXES ARE THE MOST AWESOME THING, DIG THESE CONALS going on.
LMAO!!! This post made me literally "lol"

(07-18-2014, 09:40 AM)Rosekitten Wrote: I'm more of running around trying to find er.. I guess rank outfits. So far only found one and I'll upload it in a bit when I get a moment. Though the only real difference is a red helm and higher level leather boots from what I could tell.
Cool. I think the uniform actually isn't that bad. Like with the Sultansworn it's rough because you have to get that 50 paladin AF armor to do it right (lol unless you are always off duty. XD ).

No the normal uniform isnt that bad i think the 2nd uniform I found still is only like goat leather maybe boar.. i'll have to check. All it really does is makes the boots a bit darker ...lol

RE: Yellowjacket Lore - Enteris - 07-18-2014

In regards to race spreading out-ness, copying a snip from my post in your Eorzea as a whole thread.

Removing midlanders as they're everywhere... Ul'dah has highlanders (from Ala Mhigo), Dunesfolk, Hellsguard, and Seekers. Limsa has Plainsfolk, Seekers and Sea Wolves. Gridania has Wildwoods and Keepers. Duskwights are technically off on their own.

This is from the in game lore itself regarding where each of the races (and their subdivisions) are from. Granted, there are always those "few" that break away from the rest of the pack, so to speak. So, while not common, I wouldn't say it's impossible for a Hellsguard or Keeper to be part of the Yellowjackets. 

However, as pretty much already stated, you're looking at midlander, sea wolf, or seeker as likely the most common in the ranks.

Ok well that run about was kinda enjoyable >w<

Class wise I literally saw nothing but mrd npcs.. minus the one gunner in the Coral Tower.But as someone else stated .. the tower is the hq for the Jackets so I'm sure they pick up trainees rather easily there.

also fun fact I didn't see any Jackets past certain locations, mainly sticking to the more tame or civilized areas. Makes sense though if they are along the police force type.

(ok a few npcs in the tower are gunners but that's the sole place you see them)

edit:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/589161283270790400/767BDF6931212B6694E9F70DE2B9A5CD929461BE/
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/589161283270792371/D553524F57965835DAC33FF4E58BF861EA46627D/
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/589161283270793525/EF47F89B70F9BF1E276F06FD0FE7D2D6CC9E884E/