Hydaelyn Role-Players
Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-28-2014

"Thanks Aya!" She picks up one of the grilled trout, blowing on it as it steams, before biting into it. "I was thinking we could invite over Warren and Coat, have a little dinner party?" She picks a bone of her mouth, "Maybe a few other people as well?"

She frowns, "But do any of us know how to cook?"

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-28-2014

(07-28-2014, 04:07 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: She frowns, "But do any of us know how to cook?"

"There's a least one of us who can."

Even before any strange things had happened, the mercenary had been a pretty good cook. He didn't really know why or how. He'd just assumed it was something to do with the memory loss. With the addition of Frhanz, he'd gotten a pretty good understanding of Eorzean cuisine and dining etiquette.

"What're you thinking of?"

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Kage - 07-28-2014

Kage gave Aya a beam as she brought the tray over. He helped set the large amount of food over the table before narrowing his eyes at the other male. He turned back to Aya, giving her a bow before saying his thanks.

"It's not all for me or Natalie you doof," Kage stated as he sat at the table once more. He picked up one of the salmon meuniere plates to share between himself and Natalie as well as a grilled trout. He poured a mug of ale for both himself and Natalie, leaving Franz to serve himself. He blew gently on the hot fish and grinned happily.

"Delicious!"

Taking another bite of fish and swallowing it, Kage asked, "Can you cook... regular food?" He looked pointedly at the fish that the table had arrayed before them and then nodded subtly at the other patrons who had aldgoat steaks or miqa'bobs.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-28-2014

Natalie nods at Kage and grimaces, "Don't your people ate babies or something?"

"I've heard it's your greatest delicacy... Eorzean ones especially."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-28-2014

(07-28-2014, 04:30 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Natalie nods at Kage and grimaces, "Don't your people ate babies or something?"

"I've heard it's your greatest delicacy... Eorzean ones especially."

He gagged on his ale when Natalie said the first thing, which only got worse after the second. Gasping for breath, ears blood-red, it took all of his self-control to not send Natalie flying.

Taking a quiet, deep breathe to attempt calming himself, he responded as best he could, given the situation, in a voice just barely audible to Natalie and Kage. "Are Eorzeans fucking idiots? Sure out ideologies are....different, but /that/...", he just facepalmed. In a slightly louder voice, "No, my people's recipes may be a little different, but our ingredients are the same. Hells, some of your dishes even use things we've brought over."

"As for recipes", he switched to a rather snarky tone, "yes, I have quite a large repertoire of dishes, in many local varieties. You can thank 'the elezen' for those. Oh, but how I miss some of the things I used to have. Some of these dishes are rather....bland."

He grinned slightly, having an idea. "You should just leave it to me. I'm sure I'm not the first person from that area the two of you have met. Why not ask those people for some recommended dishes?"

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-29-2014

Natalie laughs, "However good they are, I think preparing a Garlean feast might raise some suspicion."

She taps her jaw, "Though perhaps Roen would enjoy some comfort food after her release? I must admit I'm rather curious as well, the only Garlean food I've had is the combat rations we acquired from raiding one of their supply caches."

"I'll leave it to you then, but we'll have to come up with some sort of excuse as to how you know the recipes."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-29-2014

(07-29-2014, 01:54 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Natalie laughs, "However good they are, I think preparing a Garlean feast might raise some suspicion."

She taps her jaw, "Though perhaps Roen would enjoy some comfort food after her release? I must admit I'm rather curious as well, the only Garlean food I've had is the combat rations we acquired from raiding one of their supply caches."

"I'll leave it to you then, but we'll have to come up with some sort of excuse as to how you know the recipes."

"I never said I couldn't make local recipes." The Ishgardian accent coming out again "Who do you think I am?" He paused for a moment, "....actually, don't answer that."

It took another few moments before what Natalie had said even registered. "Why mention Miss Roen in relation to this? She has nothing to do with anything Garlean, doesn't she?" Franz couldn't help but think she seemed....familiar, using what he knew from Frhanz's memories of the woman. But he thought nothing of it. "How are she and her brother doing, by the way? I haven't seen either well...", he thought about how to best handle the situation, "well...., ever, I suppose. But I think you know what I mean."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Kage - 07-29-2014

Kage hissed, kicking both of their legs at the table as he set his food down. He looked around, trying to see if anyone had heard.

"Are you trying to cause trouble You arse?"

"Argh!" He let out a small yelp at the kick. "What's wrong with dinner plans?"

Franz was oblivious to anything related to Roen.

Natalie downs her ale and chuckles, "I guess Kage is just a picky eater."

"Don't worry... I'm sure you'll like something."

She grabs another piece of fish, "We'll have to buy a table though, and some chairs."

"As for Roen, she's a Garlean refugee... that's what she's on trial for. To determine if she's treated as a refugee and given asylum, or a spy and given punishment."

(07-29-2014, 03:41 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: "As for Roen, she's a Garlean refugee... that's what she's on trial for. To determine if she's treated as a refugee and given asylum, or a spy and given punishment."

Franz nearly choked on his ale again, and luckily, didn't spray out over the table. Trying to be a little more subtle ((don't wanna get kicked by Kage again)), he leaned over to Natalie and spoke in a very quiet voice. "WE need to discuss that. Now."

He stood up from his seat, pushing in the char. In a normal voice, "Natalie?" He motioned with his eyes to an area outside where they could speak privately, and walked out.

If the talked went well, he'd return to the Quicksand to continue enjoying the night. If it went sour, then there would be a lot more discussion than he'd hope for.

She blinks as he chokes on his ale. "Now...?"

She looks mournfully at all the fish not yet eaten, then sees the serious look on his face. She sighs and downs the rest of her ale, "Fine..."

"Be back in a bit love." She ruffles his hair playfully and follows Franz outside, "Though you might want to join, it concerns you as well."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Kage - 07-29-2014

Kage sighed, picking up the grilled fish they'd taken bites of and not. He looked sadly at the pan-fried mahi mahi and stood up, wrapping the grilled fish in a handkerchief.

He followed the two out.