Hydaelyn Role-Players
Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-25-2014

(07-25-2014, 10:36 AM)Yangh Wrote: Yangh clicked her tongue. "Yangh will follow... but Yangh will NOT be lead." she said firmly.

Hearing her say it that way, he could only assume he had said something she found rude. "Pardon me, I didn't mean to be disrespectful, if it came off that way." 

He walked over to an open table, pulling out a seat for her. "At least let me do this?"

Upon sitting down, he saw another familiar miqo'te. A certain not-Seeker of the Sun, to which he called out to. "Oh, Kage, when did you get here?"

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Warren Castille - 07-25-2014

Warren's attention had drifted back to the floor in general. His role was to observe, to mitigate any sort of malicious activity and provide a sense of security to those around him. He didn't like to think of it as eavesdropping, but he knew what he was doing. He was used to keeping his expression blank and guarded but that was strained when he saw his colleague slip inside and approach the bar. She quietly asked for something, her soft words murmured on the periphery of his hearing, and he fought the urge to investigate.

"I'm guessing you and Ser Crofte have fans, ser."

Warren turned his direction in the sound of the voice and tried to slip an amused expression on his face.

"People will talk, as always. If those rumors are of romance, well... I'd much rather hear those than the usual." He gave the miqo'te a knowing nod, tilting his head slightly as if to invite a counter-point he knew wouldn't come.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Yangh - 07-25-2014

Yangh clicked her tongue, then began tapping the hilt of her Scimitar once more as she made her way over to the table. She felt for a seat and promptly sat.

"Yangh not offended... Yangh simply make terms clear..." she smiled. "Yangh learn most not know of Keeper customs, must make exception for many."

He nodded in agreement. "It can be hard to live in a place where the customs are quite different. Is there anything you would like? I can wave down one of the servers."

Yangh thought a moment, she was fasting after all, no food until later on... and only fruits at that.

"Ah... Yangh take water only, laksha."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Roen - 07-25-2014

"Oh. Is that what these scratches are?" 

A voice rose from the other side of the pillar, with a lilting accent that was not distinct enough to be placed. A dark-haired Highlander rounded the thick wooden column, one hand nursing daintily a wine glass.

Her green eyes glanced from the armored paladin to the Miqo'te Blade. "I was 'fraid my 'Bo had wandered in to find a scratch post." She clucked her tongue. "Instead I find that these are... what. Scribbles of lovestruck puppies? Romantic hopefuls?"

She smirked as she leaned against the pillar, obviously not minding the proximity to both men. "I suppose that is why bards frequent taverns with our songs of ever lastin' love. They lap it all up so eagerly." She eyed the taller armored one. "Although how they get to makin' these carved pronouncements with ye standin' guard?"

Warren met with woman with cool regard, her face not one from his memory bank.

"I've only recently returned to my post. Pressing matters kept me away, but they have since thankfully been resolved." He allowed himself a small smile while thinking of what those resolutions entailed, then mentally shook them off.

"It's touching in its own way, I suppose." He furrowed his brow, switching arms folded over his chest and tabard. "I just wish there was a way to do it without defacing property." The thought lingered a moment longer before he brought his eyes back to the woman and he smiled politely.

"A bard, then? Are you here to perform? Or are you merely part of the ambiance tonight?"

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Kage - 07-25-2014

Kage blinked, looking to Ser Castille and then at the dark haired female highlander he'd not ever seen before before gazing at the pillar once more. Under his breath, almost inaudibly, Kage muttered, "And Natalie wonders why I hate bein' a Blade so much. Everyone thinks yer shite."

He motions to the pillar and says, "Don't think Ser Castille or Ser Crofte put that up but... they seem to stand watch next to it often. Possibly some patron thought they'd be cute together."

Franz flagged down a server, asking for a water for Yangh and a house ale for himself. Might as well enjoy the evening. 

Kage seemed to be enjoying himself talking the Warren, the paladin. and some other woman had joined them. By the looks, a bard.

He turned his attention back to the person at the same table. "So, what brought you into the Quicksand this evening?"

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Roen - 07-25-2014

She waved a hand into the air dismissively, her belled bracelets lightly jingling.

"Just part of the ambiance this eve. I sing for pleasure and occasionally for gil, but of late I not in short of the latter." She curls a pleased grin. "And never enough of the former, of course." 

She gave Kage a sidelong glance. "Ser Castille. Ser Crofte. So formal." She rolled her eyes dramatically. "I prefer first names. I don't salute nor do I care for ... ranks. What do I call either of ye? In case I feel inspired to write a song or two later."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Aya - 07-25-2014

The click of high heels and the chiming sound of jewelry and charms serve as the usual herald for the Quick Sand's resident blonde barmaid.  Swinging by with a bright smile, hands filled with an Ul'dahn Ale and a glass of water, she looks to the group by the pillar.

"Oh, no, no that can't be for Ser Warren and Crofte; they wouldn't!"  She looks up to the pillar for a moment, trying to turn Warren's head.  As he looks away she mouths silently, "ITS THEM!" and then turns to make her way over to Yangh's table to deliver the drinks.

(07-25-2014, 12:08 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Franz flagged down a server, asking for a water for Yangh and a house ale for himself. Might as well enjoy the evening. 

Kage seemed to be enjoying himself talking the Warren, the paladin. and some other woman had joined them. By the looks, a bard.

He turned his attention back to the person at the same table. "So, what brought you into the Quicksand this evening?"
Yangh smiled, resting back in her chair. "Yangh come for wonderful conversation!" she joked. "Yangh also come for company, closeness of many people in small space remind Yangh of Clan."

She flicked her ears lightly, tuning in on some of the conversations around the room. "And Fuhrlahnz?" she asked, pronouncing his name slightly differently each time, trying to get it right.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Coatleque - 07-25-2014

Her drinks both untouched in front of her, the Knight had long since dozed off at the bar. The sounds of conversation slowly bled into that same familiar dream as the sounds of combat echoed down the palace walls...

Each time she tried to say his name, he laughed a little on the inside. It probably showed as a slightly goofy grin. Something he hadn't had in a long time. 

"One could say the same for me. The last week has been busy, and sometimes the noise of the Quicksand is the perfect way to drown out any worries."

He noticed a certain barmaid walking over with their drinks.

Warren raised a hand from the crook of his arm in a small wave accompanied by a smile when Aya got his attention. She also thought the letters on the pillar were coincidence; Good head on that girl, despite the whispers that sometimes caused Warren to scowl in the direction of the unkind.

"Warren Castille, free paladin." He offered a small bow to the dark-haired woman, noting her grin carefully. "This is Kage. It doesn't spell how it sounds, I assure you. I doubt you'll be writing songs about either of us, however. We're just doing our duty. Not to speak for the man, of course, but it's not always a glamorous lifestyle."

He spared the miqo'te an empathetic glance.