Hydaelyn Role-Players
Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Aya - 07-25-2014

Smiles to Yangh, and then to the strange Hyur.  She cants her head toward him a bit, perhaps a little recognition in her eyes, as she places the water glass, with a slice of sun lemon bobbing in it before Yangh, and then the pint before the Hyur.  With her hips cocked she nods her head to the two of them, "Let me know if you'd like anything else!"

((Folks can just assume, or RP Aya serving them, I don't think I can keep up with that in posts, and it will kind of crowd out the thread if I did ^_^))

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-25-2014

(07-25-2014, 12:46 PM)Aya Wrote: ((Folks can just assume, or RP Aya serving them, I don't think I can keep up with that in posts, and it will kind of crowd out the thread if I did ^_^))
((New goal: Get this to pillar-shipping thread level of pages.))

Taking the glass in his hand he thanked Aya. Maybe one day they might have a casual conversation, noting the odd look. "Thank you, we shall."

He sips on the ale little by little, and in a slightly sad, slightly reminiscent tone, "sometimes I really miss the stuff from home." He might not remember his life, but it wasn't as if he'd forgotten Garlemald's culture, cuisine, and way of life. There were many differences he'd had to acknowledge, and many familiar things that he missed.

One of these days, he'd have to try making some traditional dishes. It might be interesting to see people's reactions.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Yangh - 07-25-2014

Yangh took the glasses of water between finger and thumb. She turned to wear she thought Aya was and smiled. "Laksha, Aiyah." she said warmly, ignoring the fact that Franz has just spoken for her... she let it slide, he didn't know any better!

She took a sip and nodded. "Yangh feel same. Often take walk to Sagolii for Sundrake eggs. Spend night in sands under stars with fire. Make Yangh feel better. Fuhruhanze, as Yangh remember not from Uhl'daah? Where hail?" she asked, once again pronouncing his name slightly different... he was getting better!

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Roen - 07-25-2014

She tilted her wineglass just slightly, her fingernail tapping against the glass twice. 

"Ye never know where the inspiration lies. Why, once I was inspired by my 'Bo! Beautiful, faithful, yet a fickle thing." She rolled her shoulders lazily. "I am certain ye have tales of bravery and heroics. Is that not what ye paladins and soldiers do? Throw y'selves at some danger for the sake of others? Foolish thing, but... it makes for great ballads and tales to tell to an enraptured audience."

"Pray tell, Warren." She let his name roll off her lips with a bit of a tease. "What was this pressing matter that kept ye away from yer solemn duty upon this pillar?"

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Warren Castille - 07-25-2014

don't look over there don't even glance at her don't

Warren held her gaze, one corner of his mouth tugging skywards in a grin. His weight shifted from one leg to the other and he shook his head slightly.

"Someone needed my help. I spent a lot of time away looking for solutions. Found one, problem solved. It's really not as grand as the stories pretend." He gave her an amused look, a knowing one. "You write them, you should know. A man fights off a pair of bandits trying to raid his wagon and with enough retelling, he's clearing all the villains out of the region with a sword of legend."

Warren observed her and maintained his grin. "Just doing my duty for Ul'dah and Her People, I promise. I've returned hale, focused and ready to keep this place standing." With a grin he unfolded an arm and rested his armored palm on the pillar to his right.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Kage - 07-25-2014

((Maybe Aya was the one who carved it!))

Kage nodded, to both of Warren's statements giving his own bow. He gave Aya a small, two-fingered wave as he watched the bard and the paladin converse. His eyes brightened at the other of the pair and noticed that Warren had not covered the engraving with his hand.

"Ser Crofte! Are you all right this fine day? Why, come here and meet this bard here speaking to Ser Castille... uh." Kage blinked, bashfully. "May I ask your name miss?"

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Roen - 07-25-2014

"Psh." The bard snorted. "How little ye know of my craft. Aye, the glorious victories make men and women cheer. But ye know why they want the hero win? Because they feel for 'em. Ye need to tell them the heart of the hero. It is only then that the sword of legends matter."

She took a languid sip of her dark wine, then pushed off the pillar to glance squarely at the paladin then the Blade in turn. She quirked a grin. "Brynnalia Callae." She feigned half a bow. "At no one's service this eve. Most call me Brynn."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-25-2014

(07-25-2014, 01:16 PM)Yangh Wrote: Fuhruhanze, as Yangh remember not from Uhl'daah? Where hail?" she asked, once again pronouncing his name slightly different.

A vague answer would have to do here. "Somewhere a little farther than the desert. One could say I experienced childhood in Ishgard, back when the lands were quite green." 

Trying to shift the conversation away from a focus on himself. "Miss Yangh, if it would be more comfortable for you, feel free to call me a name easier for you to pronounce." While each attempt was entertaining in and of itself, watching a person struggle for too long would be mean. ...something he was working on.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Coatleque - 07-25-2014

She had slumped to her knees. Looking down the hilt of her sword protruding from the wound as her blood pooled on the floor. Her world was spinning... spinning...

"Ser Crofte..."

"Ser Crofte! Are you alright this fine day?"

"NO!", she screamed suddenly as she started awake, scrambling backwards. She knocked over her glass in front and fell square off the stool onto her arse. Holding her mid section she looked around, unsure of where she was for a moment.

As the crash and thud reverberates through the Quick Sand's Atrium, Aya stops and suddenly looks up wide-eyed to the fallen Coatleque.  Her eyes join that of patrons across the tavern; the same thought on everyone's mind!

In the awkward silence that follows, Aya speaks softly, "I didn't even know she drank..."

Warren is beside her in a heartbeat, instincts and reflexes and more pushing him without thought. He placed a hand on her shoulder, comforting, and the other at her elbow. He practically shielded her from the rest of the Quicksand, his shield still strapped to his back and his sword rattling gently as he hunched over her, already speaking in hushed tones.

"Cot?! Are you alright? You're okay, you're okay."

He didn't know what had happened, but he wasn't about to be pushed away.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Coatleque - 07-25-2014

She shook her head and looked around feeling more embarrassed as she realized where she was now. "I... Yes, I'm okay. Thank you." She extended her hand to grip Warren's arm as if looking for leverage to help stand. The sudden silence in the room simply added to the fire that now ran through her body from head to toe. "I should go..."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Kage - 07-25-2014

Kage blinked and grinned at Brynn before the crash jostled his thoughts.

She drank? He thought she was one of those who never partook in them, unlike he and Natalie.

Before Kage could nudge Warren over, the man already knelt at her side. Kage's ears twitched joyfully that he didn't need to push the man over. To give the two some privacy he turned his gaze away before continuing, "Pleasure to meet you Brynn. Have you any recent tales to sing of? I'm curious, as I haven't been out of Ul'dah gates in a long while."

Aya gazed at the pair for a moment, through confused blinks, before it really dawned on her just how out-of-the-ordinary Coatleque's fall was.

She walked in a hurry, almost but not quite bounding, on her way through the Quicksand's tables to the bar where the woman had been sitting.  She helps support her by the arm Warren is not holding.

"Ser Crofte... are you okay?  Do you need some water?  It looks like you fainted..."

Warren's expression was one flatly of concern, though it lessened ever so slightly when Aya approached.

"You look like you've had a hell of a day," he offered quietly. He didn't notice his demeanor had slipped, but his focus was elsewhere. "Please, have a seat and let Aya attend you."

Warren turned to his side and cast a gaze over any watching the scene still. It was a very clear message to return to what they were doing, and his scowl made it plain that their interest in the situation was now undue.