Hydaelyn Role-Players
Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Roen - 07-25-2014

Brynnalia rarely missed things happening around her. Especially the speed to which the all-business paladin rushed to the fallen woman's side. She leaned one shoulder against the pillar once more, giving the those huddled by the bar a lingering glance. 

"Tales ye ask..." She said absently, still watching those by the bar a moment longer before she flicked her glance to the Miqo'te Blade. "I have been traveling about mostly. I stayed away from the Jewel due to some horrid rumors of plague and deaths about the city, but after hearing that there were heroics and battles about... and the fact that Ul'Dah still stood, I thought to return here to find some inspiration." She shrugged.

"I need to find looser tongues however, if I am to get much gossip." Green eyes wandered towards the bar again but she slid slightly closer to Kage, lowering her voice conspiratorially. "Say, Kage. Who is that drunken woman that they are hovering over?"

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Coatleque - 07-25-2014

She was able to stand with their help and thanked them both for it. Setting the stool upright again she sat. Looking at the spill she frowned. "Apologies Miss Aya. If you have towels, I will clean that for you. And then I shall sit here till I feel well enough to retire. I think I've had enough for one night."

Oddly, she hadn't even touched either glass since she arrived.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Kage - 07-25-2014

Kage tapped his chin with his hand and nodded, "I'd heard the mongrel responsible for most of it was dealt with recently. Death."  He shrugged as he played with a new water-skin. It clearly was not worn or long used before he motioned to a server to have it filled with sweet water.

"The prices for liquids have thankfully started to go back to normal at least."

At Brynn's question, Kage returned his gaze to Crofte and murmured, "She's Ser Coatleque Crofte. One of the newer Sultansworn in the Sultana's service."

He gave a small teasing grin as he turned to eye the engraving on the pillar.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Warren Castille - 07-25-2014

Warren seemed to relax visibly. He spared a glance towards the pair still occupying the pillar and decided to set up shop beside his colleague. There wasn't that large of a crowd yet, so he didn't think Momodi would mind terribly him leaning on her bar. He folded his arms and adopted a casual stance, then aimed one last concerned question in the direction of the fair red-head.

"Are you alright?" It was quiet but firm; An honest question from the man to the woman. He eyed her with something related to concern.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Aya - 07-25-2014

Aya nodded, smiling soflty to the Paladin, with concern in her eyes.  Briskly she slipped behind the bar, toweling up the spill, bringing her some water, and a couple of chocolates on a plate.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-25-2014

He'd tried not to pay attention to falling of a glass. Things like that happened, especially in a place like this. Nothing special. Now, seeing Warren leap to the the girl that fell, that was a little less expected.

Wait..., wasn't she that knight? The one that had broken up his fight in the Quicksand the first time he met Natalie? In a quiet voice, "...that's something you don't see every day. Hope she's alright."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Coatleque - 07-25-2014

She looked up at Warren and could read the concern in his eyes. "Yes, I am. I startled myself is all.", she said softly in an attempt to reassure him. She glanced behind to the crowd. "You should rejoin them. Please."

She leaned back from the bar as Aya worked and beamed a smile her way as a new glass of water was set down. "Miss Aya, I promise to be careful with this one."

The Highlander bard followed Kage's gaze to a pair of initials that marred the pillar. She arched one slender brow. "Hm," she hummed, hooking one foot over the other, her anklets giving a small jingle as well. 

"Neither of them seem to be the type to make such pronouncements. They rather seem... the chaste sort." She swirled her wineglass by her cheek, as if that afforded their conversation some privacy. "Ye say, they have fans?"

Warren seemed to accept her plea, but there was still a soft gleam in his eye as he nodded towards her. He stood up and straightened, then the look was replaced by his usual expression when on duty. He bowed his head towards her and offered her one last thing before stepping back towards the pillar.

"I'm right here."

His eyes flitted to the letters scrawled into the pillar and he frowned again while rejoining Kage and Brynn. "My apologies. Lady Crofte has been working rather hard for the city as of late. I wanted to make certain she was well."

It was technically true.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Kage - 07-25-2014

Kage nodded once more, to the both of them. "Aye, I've heard some rumors about how nice the pair look together both of them or just the one of them at this very same pillar."

"They're good people after all," Kage remarked with a  slight glance at Crofte before murmuring, "Those types will get fans no matter whether they perceive it's warranted or not."

"Mmm," the bard hummed and flashed an easy grin at Warren as he returned. "No wonder someone took a blade to the wall to scrawl yer names." She gestured to the pair of initials on the pillar with the hand that did not nurse the wineglass. "Why, how ye swept in to the dear damsel in distress, it would set a maiden's heart aflutter!" She lightly tapped her chest with an exaggerated sigh.

Her expression quickly returned to that of amusement and mischief. "So Warren. Any intentions on fulfilling the wishes of yer adoring fans? A curious bard wants to know."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Aya - 07-25-2014

As she finishes cleaning off the bar in front of Coatleque, Aya moves down a ways closer to Momodi, leaving the Pillar Couple to their adorable commiseration.  She glances to the Highlander woman, admiring for a moment her anklets as she crosses her legs.  A pang of desire passes through her heart... "Those look soooo cute!" she thinks to herself, mentally tallying her tips for the evening so far.

Warren objected to her points as they came.

"They could be anyone's initials. Lots of people come through here. And I didn't sweep, I went. I'm right here, and she fell. I can't help it I'm used to jumping into action."

He attempted to let her commentary roll off of his back, but the tapping of her heart and implied fluttering of her eyelashes made him aware of a heat in his face. Her final question only made it worse.

"A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell." He paused, then continued. "And even if he did, it wouldn't be because of any 'fans.'"

Warren turned to Kage for help. He suspected there would be none.

The Highlander bard did not allow Kage to come to anyone's defense. The chink in the man's armor was revealed, even if it was a small glimpse. She uncrossed her legs and came to stand in front of him, her free hand reaching past his shoulder as she rested it against the pillar, effectively trapping him there.

Her smile was coy. "Oh. So. There was a kiss." She tilted her head to one side, eyeing his lips openly. She smirked. "I suspect... a chaste one. Aye?" She tapped her wineglass against his breastplate.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-25-2014

Natalie plops into the chair next to Franz with a thump. "Hey Porkchop, how about those drinks you promised me?" She looks over to see Warren up against the pillar with a female highlander against his chest.

"Heh," she chuckles lewdly, "I knew he had an appetite."