Hydaelyn Role-Players
Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Kage - 07-25-2014

Kage blinked as Warren turned to him and then Brynn -trapped- Warren. His face flushed as he coughed, "Aye, unless both parties are gonna talk about it, I wouldn't be kissin' and tellin'"

But Kage shook his head. "If'n you care about her an onze, you'd go to her. Unless ye think I can't help handle anything that'd erupt by you showing her you're there for her."

"... besides I'm pretty sure that -that- pillar and -those- initials... aren't just a coincidence."

Kage shifted his blade and shield to be more comfortable as he took the filled water skin. His ears twitched as he waited for the next few moments to come. He was pretty sure the two had kissed. The man was stoic but it wasn't forever.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Warren Castille - 07-25-2014

Warren met her gaze, his expression even and perhaps even challenging. He did not pull away from her.

"Maybe you're a bard afterall," he smiled. "An act of kindness and we've already spirited away for a romantic eve by the fireplace? A touch, a kiss, a sigh. The stuff of romantic legend, though a different type of sword being brandished." He shrugged, making allowance for the substitution.

"You have quite the imagination, Miss Brynn."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Aya - 07-25-2014

"Total coincidence!" says Aya, raising her voice and grinning to the group at the pillar. "I'm sure!"  She adds a big playful wink, out of Warren's sight.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-25-2014

(07-25-2014, 04:36 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Natalie plops into the chair next to Franz with a thump. "Hey Porkchop, how about those drinks you promised me?"

Without a second thought, he turned and responded. "Sure Natalie, anytime." It was a moment later when he realized he responded to 'Porkchop' as a name, and the smile drained from his face. "Why? Why always 'Porkchop'?!" He shook his head in distress, "and I thought we were finally making progress..." Still, he wouldn't let it ruin the moment. He could relax today without something crazy happening.

He waved for Aya to come over to the table for more drinks.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-25-2014

Natalie laughs, "It's not always Porkchop... but right now you're porkchop. Other times you're Franz. Understand?"

She waves a hand in the air, "You know... times like these, warm times." She nods, "Times like these you're Porkchop."

"So... did they really stick his head in a jar?"

Getting up from the table for a moment to retrieve a tray of mugs from Aya, he quickly grabbed a linkpearl whispering into it it. "Now's not the time or place for that Natalie", putting it away and smiling. 

They were here for a good time. And some good drinks.

Natalie sighs and purses her lips, "No fair." Her annoyance doesn't last long however, as there is Ale at hand. She takes a satisfied sip, "Fine, we'll talk about it later."

She leans back in her chair, "Oh Kage's here?" she looks around, "Wow, it's busy tonight. I haven't seen it like this for a while, guess everyone was on edge for the last few weeks."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Coatleque - 07-25-2014

Coatleque sat at the bar sipping at the water and idly listening to those behind her. She was trained to follow many conversations at once, but tonight one was now standing out, drowning the rest. Her ears began to burn as the unknown woman addressed Warren, and the Knight shifted uncomfortably on the stool.

(07-25-2014, 05:02 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: "Oh Kage's here?" she looks around, "Wow, it's busy tonight. I haven't seen it like this for a while, guess everyone was on edge for the last few weeks."

"He is, and it is." Franz motioned to the bar. "And if you look over there, there's the knight that had to break us up once."

He didn't mind if Yangh heard about bar-fights. Those were pretty normal. Severed heads...not so much.

"Ah..." She nods, and raises her voice so Crofte could hear "You're talking about the one over there, watching her man get stolen? That's my boss."

"She said she was going to give me a lesson in courtesy and respect... but it hasn't happened yet."

"So anyway, what are you up to here Porkchop? Just drinking?"

(07-25-2014, 05:13 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: "So anyway, what are you up to here Porkchop? Just drinking?"

He gave an almost stern look. "Please no more Porkchop...".

"It's been a long week. It's nice to get to relax a little, make small talk." He slouched in his chair a little, making himself more comfortable.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Roen - 07-25-2014

"Oh I do, indeed." Brynn purred, amusement not leaving her eyes that studied him still. "It is what makes me a good songstress."

She narrowed her eyes, her grin widening as she spotted the challenge. A dare behind his eyes. Not backing down? Neither was she. She leaned even closer. "Come now, Warren. I do have an eye for this sort of thing. Gallant paladin like ye, so eager to come to someone's rescue... aye? And yet a Highlander. We all know of the passions and unbending will that runs in our veins. The fact that ye protest so much of those silly scrawls already give ye away."

"Then again," she shrugged with another long drawn out sigh. "Mayhap I'm wrong in this. Mayhap ye are just a handsome Highlander in white shining armor, and ye stand there all by yer lonesome on the pillar in yer solitary watch. In a tavern. Mayhap... ye just need a little company."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Kage - 07-25-2014

Kage walked over to the table seating Natalie, Franz, and the familiar but not quite so Miqo'te carrying a mug of ale in one hand and his waterskin in the other.

"Please, can I join you? I'm tired of not-yet-so love pups and moping." Kage deadpanned.

He slips into a seat anyway, moving it closer to Natalie with an ear twitch.

(07-25-2014, 05:33 PM)ExKage Wrote: "Please, can I join you? I'm tired of not-yet-so love pups and moping." Kage deadpanned.

"Feel free to." Looking around the table, he was now surrounded by Miqo'te, two of which he lived with. He went back to drinking from the mug of ale.

Natalie grins, and leans over to give him a quick kiss before returning to her ale. "I'm with you there Kage."

"Nothing wrong with appetizers, or apertifs, but eventually it's time for the main course." She sighs, "If you wait too long it will get cold."

Natalie blinks, "Maybe I'm going a little too far with the food analogies."