Hydaelyn Role-Players
Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Warren Castille - 07-25-2014

Warren met the highlander woman's advances without retreat.

"I protest because there's no way to know who those letters refer to," he said while indicating the pillar, "...without a confession or a culprit caught in the act. Regardless of what any person, any fan might perceive, these may as well mean nothing."

He relaxed a bit, frowning slightly. "You speak of our unbending will then attempt to bend me. You should know how this will turn out."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Kage - 07-25-2014

Kage grinned into the kiss and smiled at her as she pulled away, his ears twitching happily and his tail curled.

"Perhaps you are but I haven't eaten so I want some food."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-25-2014

Natalie blushes, "Kage... right here in the Quicksand? I'm pretty sure that's a crime... and I didn't think you were the type of person who liked being watched."

Natalie shakes her head and looks at Franz, "He wasn't like this before you moved in. What have you been teaching him?"

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Roen - 07-25-2014

"I know." There was obvious mirth in her roguish grin. "But that's the fun of it. The dance."

"Now, I have read people's palms before. Do ye know ye can derive meaning from the slightest things? A callous on the finger. A line on a palm. The slightest shift of the glance." She gave him a pointed look. "Or lack thereof." She shrugged as she pushed off the pillar she had trapped him against, taking a step back to gaze upon the initials once more. "Ye can make anything mean something if ye wished. If the desire was there. It matters not who wrote it. As long as ye want it." 

Green eyes peered back up at him. "Lest ye wish nothing of the sort."

"Are you offering, Madam Brynn? Or are you saying you have already discerned what you mean to?"

Warren's question is an honest one, his heavy gauntlets likely stymieing any attempt at fortune telling.

"Though let it be known that anyone looking for something will find it. Even the wise can be blinded by their own expectations. I somehow suspect even if you were to read my palm you would not learn anything you haven't already stated."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Roen - 07-25-2014

She clucked her tongue, shaking her head at him with a shake of a finger. "Tsk tsk. Evading my question about the letters still. Very well. Play the coy game." She cocked her head to one side, now eying him up and down unabashedly. "Ye be right. I don't need yer palm. Ye wear what ye are plain on ye as that armor."

She first reached for his arm, pressing hard to gauge what lay beneath the armor in between the plates. As if she was studying well raised Chocobo. "Well trained. I bet ye put a lot of important to yer duty. Daily routine as matter of fact." She swayed closer to him, fingers lifting and tracing the braided hair that fell by his cheeks. "Disciplined. But traditional."  That same finger then traced his jawline. "Much too set. Stubborn.  I bet that has gotten ye into trouble some."

She leaned in then, nose almost meeting nose, her eyes narrowed intently. "And ye've been hurt before." She tilted her head. "More than once." There was a small lopsided curl to her lips. "Still. Willing to risk it again, I'd wager. Foolish man." She pulled back and shrugged teasingly.

"Well? Did I hit the target?"

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-25-2014

(07-25-2014, 07:23 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Natalie shakes her head and looks at Franz, "He wasn't like this before you moved in. What have you been teaching him?"

"Excuse me?!" Why did Natalie always try to suggest things? "You could blame his drinking on me, maybe his temper. The rest is just Kage."

He took a heavy gulp of his ale. "Why would I ever cheat on Lydia?" Despite the smile, there was a lonely look in eyes. That kind of look the local bard would have loved to see.

"My history is hardly unknown to any who'd listen to me. Keeping my mouth shut was hardly a strong point when I needed to most." He continued to meet the woman's gaze though he wondered at what point her curiosity would be sated. Natalie's words echoed in his mind as he considered it.

"I won't defend the scribbles because they could very well mean nothing." He didn't react to her tracing his face, instead closing his eyes and setting his jaw as her finger ran across it.

"My dedication is well known. There are enough who eat here who have seen me running in the streets before the sun rises. I'm not sure what you hope to suss out of me." His only hope was boring her. He hoped it would work.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Kage - 07-25-2014

Kage gaped before blushing and shaking his head furiously. "Nat! No! That's for the bed in our room!"

He pointed to a nearby plate of aldgoat steak and said, "Actual food and nutrition! Like aldgoat steak!"

He shook his head. "She'll find a way to misconstrue your words Kage. Good luck."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Yangh - 07-25-2014

Yangh had fallen asleep at  her chair... apparently her fasting was fast catching up with her!

((Sorry! I'm a little sick and I can't keep up! D: ))

((Feel better Yangh))

Seeing that Yangh had fallen asleep at the table, he looked around awkwardly for a moment. "I'm...gonna get her a room."

He smirked for a moment. "Behave you two"

He walked over to the innkeep to explain the situation, handing over a generous "tip" for the service. Shortly later a room was prepared and he brought her there. He left a small note on the door.

"Don't worry about the room.

Please feel better.

-Franz"

He then returned to the table with Kage And Natalie.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Roen - 07-26-2014

Brynnalia chuckled lightly, putting a hand daintily against her chest. "Ye wound me! I would not know ye from..." She glanced about, then gestured with her nearly empty wineglass to the gingered haired Highlander at the table with the Miqo'te Blade. "From that forlorn soul over there. Much less heard any tales of yer duties or yer past. And ye have not shared much at all, at least not with me."

She rolled her tanned shoulders, the fluffy white sleeves rustling softly. Her easy smile did not fail, but she furrowed her brows in slight disappointment. "Ye obviously wish not for my company. I merely sought to enjoy a game of words with my glass of wine. And maybe a bit of gossips and news. I'd not been back in Ul'Dah but a day after being away for many moons."

She lazily drained the rest of her glass and set the empty glass onto a passing barmaid's tray when she passed. "I am obviously keeping ye from more important affairs." She glanced over her shoulders towards the general direction of the bar. "Ye have my apologies, Warren."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Warren Castille - 07-26-2014

Warren's expression changed to something resembling guilt.

"I'm sorry, Miss Brynn. I've been on edge lately, especially when strangers approach me and start asking questions. I shouldn't be so suspicious of new people, definitely not in this locale. What sort of reputation would I amass for Momodi if I send everyone away thinking we're unkind?"

He bowed his head in deference, tucking a hand over his chest. "I'm the one who should be apologizing."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-26-2014

Natalie drums her fingers on the table, "Ah, food then, why didn't you just say so."

She reaches over and pokes his stomach, "Though you need to be careful, you weren't getting much exercise moping around the house last week. Keep it up and you'll be the new Porkchop."