Hydaelyn Role-Players
Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - PipPipKoorow - 07-28-2014

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Aya - 07-28-2014

Aya, the barmaid who was just across the bar from PipPip, waiting for a response from the Highlander woman, watched in utter bewilderment as the woman instead started to pull herself across the bar. 

With a nimble sidestep Aya barely avoided a collision between the two, catching the falling hat in her hand.  As PipPip seemed to idly scan the bottles behind the bar, Aya just blinked in further confusion, before giving her head a sudden shake as if trying to stir herself from a dream, "Ma'am?  Ma'am?  Do you even know where you are?"

She looked over toward Warren at the pillar, her eyes more than a little alarmed at the sudden intrusion into the server's area.   She turned back in time to watch the woman downing a glass of water she had apparently poured for herself, the water somewhat warm without the cold of a specially chilled glass for the occasion.

Aya's voice returned with a gentle earnestness, mixing with concern and alarm, as she continues to hold the woman's hat.  "Ma'am I hope you realize that water is not free in the desert~"

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Coatleque - 07-28-2014

The Knight was once more taken aback by all the innuendo being thrown around, but she shot Natalie a cold glare as she blatantly uncovered the subject matter for all to hear. She huffed over her words but decided she had said enough. Rather than invite further insult she simply wrapped her arm under Warren's and stood by his side, staring into the floor.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Warren Castille - 07-28-2014

temper temper temper temper temper focus

The gentle tug of his arm was enough to defuse his initial reaction before it could erupt and reflexively squeezed his arm against his companion's. He did spare a disapproving look at both of the bickering women as he turned himself and Coatleque away from then, letting his hand slip from hers but quickly pressing the flat of his hand into her lower back, guiding them away. He looked at her profile intensely, then leaned in to whisper something.

'!'

Koorow choked a bit suddenly realizing there was indeed a barmaid there and she had just hopped the counter to practically steal a drink. She swallows the rest, wipes her mouth and places the glass down.

"I..." 

Awkwardly, she hops back over the other side and takes her seat as she once was. She defiantly need sleep and a bath and at this very moment, she wouldn't mind drowning in it either.

"...I'm sorry." Her cheeks were now a blush red.

She offers the woman a forced smile and reaches into her pocket to withdraw a few pieces of gil. This reminds her that she must meet the merchant soon. She places the gil beside the glass and rests her forehead on the counter-top in embarrassment only to notice that her hat was no longer on her head.

Alarmed, she perks back up to search for her hat. Immediately she notices that the barmaid was holding it. 'Oh come on...'

Aya watches in stunned silence, blue-eyes still opened wide.  Noticing the woman raise her head, eyes upon the hat, she very slowly and gently lowers it back down, setting it upon her head.  She takes another breath and nods, "Um... would you like anything else...?  Some stew maybe?"  She glances down to the gil, and back to the woman, still unsure of just what to make of her behavior: from the smell of fresh still wafting powerfully from her, to the oblivious bar-crawling, and now a sudden moment of alertness in the search for her hat.

Down the bar Momodi, the Lalafel Proprietress, watched the scene with a nervous curiosity of her own.

"No, I'm alright now..I think" 

She slightly shakes her head. She felt uncomfortable making eye contact after being so rude.

"Thank you though...I didn't mean to...Almost crush your body..."

Perhaps her just needed to rest now. She could tell that she was leaving a strange impression and didn't need to alert anyone else with her behavior. She slightly rubs the corner of her eye a bit and takes a true look at the barmaid. To much of her delight, she found her pleasant to look at.

"My..Hat?"

Saying as he points to it.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Kage - 07-28-2014

Kage shook his head, watching the person warily, his uniform still on as he hadn't gone home yet.

He leaned closer to Aya, still breathing through his mouth to ask, "Any chance I could get 1 Pan-fried Mahi Mahi? One of each grilled trout? And 2 Salmon Meuniere? Going to share it all around at my table. Along with 2 pitchers of Ul'dah's finest ale." Kage laid a sizeable large pouch of gil and placed it on the counter as he kept the fish lady in view.

Kage curled his tail happily as he watched Natalie return to the day and he thought of the nice tasty fishes he could share with her.

Maybe Franz too.

He called out to her, "I'm hoping to have some good pan-fried and grilled fishes. Just need to get the order in, Nat."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Roen - 07-28-2014

"Oh... no fun." Brynn gave an obvious pout as the two paladins walked away, although soon as all gaze was off her, she afforded herself a small smirk.

Her attention drifted back towards the bar and the ... odor there. "Maybe I am not as hungry as I thought either." She said blandly to herself. She scanned the tavern again, this time with purpose and narrowed her eyes when she did not find the one she had actually come searching for. Letting go of that easy smile, she approached the second bar counter, away from the one with the fish, and placed a gil upon it for the blonde barmaid who seemed occupied herself before striding out the door.

"Al... where ye be?" She muttered to herself as she made her exit.

Aya blinked a little more, staying a step or two away from the woman, with the bar still between them.  She raised her left arm, directing her index finger toward the top of the woman's hat, sitting quite comfortable on her head, where Aya had placed it a few moments earlier.  "I think you're wearing it..." she nods for affirmation.

She glances toward Kage briefly, adding a nod, "That's a lot of fish...." she smiles softly, "I'll get that in for you right away."  She scoops up the pouch of gil, and quickly heads off to the kitchen to deal with the welcome distraction.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-28-2014

"Fish fish fish... fishedly fishy fishes..." Natalie hums nonsensically. She looks over to Warren and Crofte against each other. "Hey Kage, I've got an idea."

"How about we do a double date sometime."

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Kage - 07-28-2014

Kage grinned happily, tail curled happily and swayed as his ears twitched in joy. He nodded his head at her suggestion, not seeing who she might even be suggesting it about.

"Sure Nat! We can have them eat at our home too."

Koorow starts to laugh towards herself and touches the top of her head to confirm that indeed her hat was on her head. 'There's defiantly something wrong with me.'

She rubs the side of her head and watches as the barmaid dismisses herself to the back. She takes this moment to peer around the place to do a brief headcount. It made her feel better to know how many people surrounded her.

With the brief scan, she assumed a few relations along with what may have just occurred. Her eyes profiling each visible body. The Miqo'te couple seem to be fond of this place. She noticed to what seems to be a group of tanks sharing a discussion with the couple but unsure of how their conversation suddenly came to an end.

'Is she leaving?'  She quirks a brow towards the Midlander at the door.

As she began to get curious, her stomach does a calling she cannot ignore. She sucks her tongue in regret of denying the stew earlier. She was mixed between hunger and nausea. 'I should shower first...'

After taking in the wondrous fragrance of the kitchen's flavors and spice, Aya at last returns to the atrium of the Quick Sand, emerging from the kitchen with a large try of Kage's order.  She had to hold the large food-covered tray with both hands as she worked her way around, swinging her hips through the gap in the bar, and on to the table where Kage and Natalie had been congregating.

RE: Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-28-2014

Franz has a look of horror as Aya begins placing down all of the dishes.

"...Kage...are you even able to eat all of that?"