Hydaelyn Role-Players
(Event Cancelled!) Special Request! - Journey into the Ul'dahn Aquaducts. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: (Event Cancelled!) Special Request! - Journey into the Ul'dahn Aquaducts. (/showthread.php?tid=7794)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Special Request! - Journey into the Ul'dahn Aquaducts. - LiveVoltage - 07-28-2014

A fellow Dragoon eh? ...   >_>

*goes highlander on meta* THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!    xD

Lololol, though nit does bring out some good dual attack strategy from our end with our powerful jumping abilities.     ._.

RE: Special Request! - Journey into the Ul'dahn Aquaducts. - Meta Xi - 07-28-2014

One jump to rule them all?

We can do synchronized jumping, a true gentleman's sport!

RE: Special Request! - Journey into the Ul'dahn Aquaducts. - LiveVoltage - 07-28-2014

Well Inessa is a LADY so I dont know about using the term gentleman...   >_>

Though that does describe Inessa accurately, since she looks more of a man then a feminine miqo'te.

That one jump to rule them all thing reminded me of this and THIS should be Dragoon fighting music.   @_@

[youtube]nkogNDpk0lg[/youtube]

RE: Special Request! - Journey into the Ul'dahn Aquaducts. - Lightningtear - 07-28-2014

The second of August... so my August will remain the first!

Anyway, my interest is peaked and I need something to do. If my move goes well I should be settled in before the evening of the first so I'll be more than happy to come along on the second. If it's full well I'll let others have it.

RE: Special Request! - Journey into the Ul'dahn Aquaducts. - Meta Xi - 07-28-2014

(07-28-2014, 06:40 PM)LiveVoltage Wrote: That one jump to rule them all thing reminded me of this and THIS should be Dragoon fighting music.   @_@

[youtube]nkogNDpk0lg[/youtube]
Oh man two steps from hell? Well now you have my attention!

Still, back to serious bizz...

I think the final fight should be a forum RP. Very centralized to that point and we can extend it to a great length if we want, because if we did this in real time then we would be in an emote battle for several hours and I dont have time for that.    ._.

RE: Special Request! - Journey into the Ul'dahn Aquaducts. - Yangh - 07-28-2014

(07-28-2014, 08:15 PM)LiveVoltage Wrote: Still, back to serious bizz...

I think the final fight should be a forum RP. Very centralized to that point and we can extend it to a great length if we want, because if we did this in real time then we would be in an emote battle for several hours and I dont have time for that.    ._.

I'll think about it... I suppose I could make it... ONE HELL of a forum battle. The last boss is a very nasty piece of work. Though i'd not want to ruin the continuity of the Event!

The plays toil through the Aquaducts for hours and THEN are confronted by the big baddy. I feel removing it from the event and bringing it her will only serve to make the climax less epic!

Either way I've a good two weeks to think on it! I may even adjust the start time and such to compensate for which timezone we have. If i'm the ONLY GMT... then I can start earlier / later depending on whats best.

Failing that? I could split the event... but i'd rather not do that either!

Also... my personal DRG fighting music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=risSfZWr3iM

its not a time zone problem I would say... its more like me having to decide if I can devote three whole hours to RP. I know that the way im putting it is a bit self-centered, and I apologize because thats not the intent im trying to come across as, but it just makes more sense to do the final part of the RP on the forum, because then it gives us time to make detailed posts as well be able to effectively communicate with each other before a post goes up.

I mean, I dont mind doing like 90% of the event IC in-game because it allows our characters to come to be familiar with one another in an appropriate setting, but for the last 10%, free form forum RP writing would be like a logical choice to optimize how epic of a battle it could be because it forces us to use our imagination on a grander scale then looking at a chat box in active time.

This is my reason behind the idea though so meh...    ^_^

RE: Special Request! - Journey into the Ul'dahn Aquaducts. - Yangh - 07-28-2014

While I understand where you're coming from it just screams immersion breaker to me and honestly I don't want to take the last fight onto the forum especially as the people present took time out of their evening to show up to the event in the first place.

This is my first ever event so i'm talking suggestions on board but at the same time i'm going to do it my way and see how it pans out.

I hope you still decide to come!

I probably will seeing as how I have nothing better to do.

Honestly, I can never get immersed and tend to not mind which form of RP and the direction goes. I know that seems like a really bad trait for an RPer but I cant get immersed for some reason or anything specific when it comes to active time RP. Maybe if it was forum RP but not active time, BUT I digress so ignore most of the whining in this post.   ^_^

RE: Special Request! - Journey into the Ul'dahn Aquaducts. - Yangh - 07-30-2014

Original post updated with more important info! Please Reaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

♥

RE: Special Request! - Journey into the Ul'dahn Aquaducts. - LiveVoltage - 07-30-2014

Inessa has no interest in adventure, unless by adventure, you mean roam Eorzea as a military officer, then sure, why not?

I guess she is out.   :I

RE: Special Request! - Journey into the Ul'dahn Aquaducts. - Warren Castille - 07-30-2014

Hm. Ul'dahn aqueducts, eh? Potential danger? That'd threaten citizens. Can't have that.

Free Paladin Castille, available upon request.

RE: Special Request! - Journey into the Ul'dahn Aquaducts. - Yangh - 07-30-2014

(07-30-2014, 08:57 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Hm. Ul'dahn aqueducts, eh? Potential danger? That'd threaten citizens. Can't have that.

Free Paladin Castille, available upon request.

You know Warren... you DID post of the Leve bills for this request... just last night :3

And I'm sorry to here that Ness Sad I was hoping to have all th e funs with the jumpy spear goodtimes! D: