Hydaelyn Role-Players
Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) (/showthread.php?tid=7829)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-31-2014

((Open to everyone. This is set to take place after the last Quicksand thread, but before the Love on the Sands Balmung Event. Open to all servers))

It was a few suns since the last time he'd had time to relax in the Quicksand. Between getting back into practice with some tailoring and smithing, Franz had been keeping himself out of trouble, and remembered some of life's simpler pleasures.

Content with life at the moment, he sauntered in to the Quicksand, taking a seat at the a nearby table and ordered a a bouillabaisse and house wine. Two things he wouldn't have normally ordered, but today felt worth it.

Leaning back in the chair a little, he looked around to see if anyone he knew were there today.

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open) - Aya - 07-31-2014

Aya folded her hands together, leaning her hips to the side as she smiled sweetly to the Hyur gentleman.  The girl never did seem to want to stand up straight, always caught in some hip-cocked, flirtatious, slouch, with hips swaying this way or that. 

For her part, she'd seen the fellow before, but she hadn't so much as learned his name yet.

She nodded, with that bright smile of hers, "The fish stew, sir?  You would like the white with that, I presume" 

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-31-2014

He looked up the barmaid who seemed to never take a day off, smiling. "Yes, that would be lovely."

He realized he'd never really made any kind of small-talk with her before. Turning around on the chair, in a carefree manner, he leaned forwards against the back of the chair. "We've never really had introductions, have we? Aya, right?"

He knew her name. It would have been almost rude not to, with all the people that called out to her. He, on the other hand, started coming to the Quicksand with a hidden identity, only later to cause problems. Frankly, it was surprising he was still allowed in. Maybe his recent behavior was to thank for that.

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open) - Aya - 07-31-2014

Aya had started to walk away, she stops as he turns to address her, looking back toward him, smiling over her shoulder, "That's right! Aya!" her smile brightened, she looked happy that anyone had heard her name.

(07-31-2014, 05:00 PM)Aya Wrote: Aya had started to walk away, she stops as he turns to address her, looking back toward him, smiling over her shoulder, "That's right! Aya!" her smile brightened, she looked happy that anyone had heard her name.

"Oh? So I did hear right! The name's 'Franz' by the way." He wasn't lying, completely. "Franz" was the name he was using, at least for now. If it was a slow day at the Quicksand, maybe they'd actually chat for a bit. Not that he thought there was much he could provide to a conversation. Say too much, and something Ishgardian could come out. Or worse, something Garlean.

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open) - Erik Mynhier - 07-31-2014

((This is my one and only serious alt, a little OOC background, he is formerly of Ishgard with a semi-strong accent. His speech mannerisms include speaking fast short sentences, talking with his hands, always laughing to himself, and never in a poor mood. Think Rumple from Once.))

The doors facing Nald swung open as the flamboyant Elezen walking in, his arms outstretched as he released the handles of the great doors. With a laugh and a skip, the man skipped down the steps and made his way to the bar. Taking note that the stool on the end was open, and recollecting who normally sat there seemed to take great pleasure in sitting there. Flaring his coat as he sat on the stool, he then spun in the stool several times before coming to a stop facing the bar. Stopping with his fists clenched together as he read the menu on the wall, posing like he had been seriously reading it for sometime. Another thing noticeable was the clothing he wore, covered in sand and dirt, like he had walked the distance of Thanalan.

He spun in the stool again and spoke to whoever was listening, "I would like something wet, but not to dry... I am a religious man after all, make it sweet, but with a..... I don't know.... hint of deliciousness."

Franz was completely distracted, falling back into an Ishgardian dialect himself. "The bloody hells is that?"

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open) - Erik Mynhier - 07-31-2014

Ears twitch at the question, heard so many times in his life. Hearing the Ishgardian the unbalanced man tipped a non-existent glass in his direction, "Salut!"

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open) - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-01-2014

Franz turned back to Aya, "pardonnez-moi", taking a deep breath and clearing his throat. "Sorry. I'm....not used to seeing more than one Ishgardian in the Quicksand," as he made a coy grin at Aya.

It was obvious Aya was Ishgardian, but the man who'd entered had flaunted it. It wasn't so much the language as the mannerisms, his dress, and complete lack of any kind of noticeable defense. He thought to himself, "even Frhanz wasn't /that/ bad."

"I don't suppose you know him?" What would he do if the man walked over?

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open) - Aya - 08-01-2014

(( Ah, sorry, I am not feeling well and forgot that Erik was using an alt. I was just trying to get Aya off scene, so just consider her to have left for now please. ))

(08-01-2014, 12:36 PM)Aya Wrote: (( Ah, sorry, I am not feeling well and forgot that Erik was using an alt. I was just trying to get Aya off scene, so just consider her to have left for now please. ))

((Feel better! These QS threads seem to have a bad habit of giving off internet-plague))

Franz let Aya know he'd relocate to the bar area, intrigued by the elezen man, letting her return to work.

Sitting down at a nearby stool, he continued the conversation in Ishgardian. "That was....quite an entrance. I believe I wasn't the only one to notice, monsieur."

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open) - Erik Mynhier - 08-01-2014

(08-01-2014, 01:31 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Franz let Aya know he'd relocate to the bar area, intrigued by the elezen man, letting her return to work.

Sitting down at a nearby stool, he continued the conversation in Ishgardian. "That was....quite an entrance. I believe I wasn't the only one to notice, monsieur."

The man smiled, his hands clenched, tapping his index fingers together as he spoke through his teeth, "Well... its like my father always said, make an entrance, leave an exit." The man then stood, "If no one noticed, I would fear I had lost my touch." He then bowed, "A pleasure to meet a fellow citizen of the Unholy See."

Franz tried to push any memories of Ishgard out. /He/ didn't know the man, and certainly didn't want to know if Frhanz had known him or not. He would though, continue to make use of the vocabulary. He briefly stood up to bow to the man in return.

"Oh, I wouldn't consider myself one of Ishgard's. One could say I've left its way of life, save the language. But if you would prefer another..." Franz dangled the idea of additional conversation. "As for a drink, the house rolanberry wine may be to your taste. It has a tart sweetness. It makes a wonderful aperitif, if I do say so."

Noting he didn't know the man's name yet, "You'll have to excuse me for being rude. Might I inquire your name?"

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open) - Erik Mynhier - 08-01-2014

The elezen clapped his hands, "No.... no, not rude at all, though I am have just returned to town, and seek to surprise a relation, so a secret it must stay." He sat, spinning again in his stool, "The drink you suggested though sounds lovely, so I shall order two." He reached into his pockets to pull out gil only to gasp, as though he had just noticed his state, "I... AM.... FILTHY! Was no one going to tell me, I thought we were all friends! You there!" he said to a man walking by, trying to ignore the elezen, "I thought we would be friends forever! YOU TOLD ME I COULD ALWAYS COUNT ON YOU FOR THE TRUTH!" He then sighed and seemed to forget the other man who was now running. "Well.... is there blood in my hair?.... Nevermind. Anyway, I did not hear your name... or are you a mystery too." he said applauding with his hands.

((Just a warning to those who may not have noticed, my elezen is f---ing bananas))

((And here I thought the elezen was just very.....Ishgardian. Who has Franz gotten himself involved with? *wide-eyed stare*))

Franz considered deceiving the man, if only for entertainment, but decided against it. He'd had enough crazy people in his life already. "I won't tell you everything, but I'm no mystery man." He reached out his hand for a shake, "The name's 'Franz'." He'd humor the elezen until someone else came in.

And unlike some other crazy people *cough* Jin'li *cough*, the man didn't seem dangerous to anyone but himself. Sitting back down in his seat, he noticed his bouillabaisse and house white wine had arrived. The aroma of the spices and seafood reminded him how bad of an idea it was to skip a meal earlier in the day.