Hydaelyn Role-Players
Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) (/showthread.php?tid=7829)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open) - Erik Mynhier - 08-01-2014

"What a fine name." he said with a laugh. I suppose I could tell you a name if not the name, call me Monsieur Morts-Vivants." He uncorked the wine and poured it into a glass rolling it in his hand, a moment of calm washed over him, as he whispered, a sad look in his eye, "So many names to remember." He smiled again, "I must wash up a bit, I will see you again. I plan on staying until my relation returns." He threw back the glass and stood, bowing. He walked to the inn counter, "A room.... and fresh clothing if that is possible."

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open) - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-02-2014

Franz awkwardly stared at the man as he walked to the innkeep, eventually refocusing on the meal before him. In the quietest of voices, he mumbled to himself in Garlean "Why the bloody hells did I even talk to him?"

With nothing else to do for the remainder of the day, he'd just lounge in the Quicksand for anything else interesting to do.

((End scene))

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-14-2014

To him, it was just another day. One he wasn't working, again.

As Franz went to the Quicksand like usual, he checked a few of the local bulletin boards for any mercenary job listings. Of course, there wouldn't be any. While money wasn't exactly a concern, staying in Kage's house for free was a little strange, especially given the fact that they had had two new residents recently move in, with the intention of collecting rent. Why should he get any special treatment?

He'd have to discuss it with Natalie and Kage later. For now, it was mid-day, and there was nothing to do.

As he sat down at a table, ordering some lunch and an ale, he looked around the Quicksand for any people he knew, or for anyone who looked interesting enough to talk to.

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Coatleque - 09-10-2014

(( Been a while. Jumping forward in time! *magic* ))

Coatleque sat at a table along the edge of the room, just below the rail. It was the same table, in fact, that she had been sitting at just a week prior when her... guest... (yes, he was just a dinner guest) had met his unfortunate end. Had it really only been one week now? So much had occurred since then it seemed a lifetime ago.

She had been taking double posts the past few days to keep her mind off of other things, and this was one of the few times she could sit and relax. Leaning back in her chair with her arms crossed she seemed to be angrily staring at the vacant chair to her left. A single shot of some reddish-brown colored liquid was on the table before her smelling faintly of cinnamon.

"Tae yer̃ so called good health, ye rat bastar̃d.", she muttered as she leaned forward. She downed the shot with a cringe. It burned, more-so than regular whiskey would. "Och, ye knew how tae pick 'em.", she commented before leaning back once again.

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Berrod Armstrong - 09-10-2014

Berrod had struck gold -- of sorts. The Highlander hobbled triumphantly from the doors of the Hourglass, clutching what looked like a large, soft bundle. 

Down comforters.

True, they were used, but yet they were so much better than the worn sheets that currently covered his own bed. He'd managed to get them at almost literally a steal of a price, given that the inn had been about to rotate out old bedding. He didn't know who had done what on it in past moons, but it looked clean and smelled clean (even cleaner than his, from which the slight scent of natural male would never leave). 

The sight of Coatleque Crofte sitting nearby triggered the usual embarrassed urge to flee, but this time he hesitated. Something seemed different about her, something that made him stop to observe for a tick more. 

Berrod nigh recoiled as she tossed back a shot better then many of the dust-babies he'd drunk with. It was a shock to him. She was always so lady like -- shouldn't she be sipping that through a straw or something? 

Nevertheless, the brawny Highlander stood with his bundle, staring a tad too long.

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Yangh - 09-10-2014

((This is an alt of mine whom i'm having FAR too much fun RPing! Male Seeker! Big Grin ))

P'azih entered though the Nald entrance, striding with clunking and confident steps as he descended the ramp towards the bar. He looked a little worse for wear, his armour caked with mud the closely resembled the colour of his sun-kissed skin.

There was that same Highlander female again, the one whom witnessed that unfortunate event. While he didn't like seeing anyone in such turmoil, it wasn't his place to pry.

He passed a large Highlander male, who was, by any accounts, gazing a little too hard over at the distressed beauty... or at least he considered her a beauty.

"You're staring..." he said as he passed the male, who was considerably larger than he was, settling just close enough to order his drink. "If you're worried... just go on over, before she catches you staring."

He reached for his drink, an ale with a shot glass of brandy dropped in for effect. "Poor thing's probably still hung up ever since that Hyur got his neck twisted right in front of her a quarter moon ago." He said, with a slight sadness to his voice and looked over himself at the woman.

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Coatleque - 09-10-2014

She continued to stair at the chair across from her for a moment before her Sultansworn training told her there were eyes burning holes into her hair. Not wanting to risk damage to her pony-tail she slowly turned her gaze right and up to see a large bundle of blankets hovering before her.

"Laundr̃y day already, Miss Aya?", she remarked not really sure who she was addressing. She could think of no one else that may be wandering off with the inn's blankets.

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Berrod Armstrong - 09-10-2014

If anything confirmed that it wasn't Aya, it was the brisk, bass refutal that reverberated from beyond the suddenly quaking wad of bedding. "I ain't worried, I don't care!" The bundle lifted enough to display a large pair of dirty, spike-studded black leather thighboots. 

While Berrod had truly been addressing the fellow near him, the query at the tip of his tongue never made it out thanks to the intervention of Crofte's voice. Someone snapped Warren's neck?

Slowly the bundled was adjusted to reveal at least his head, covered in blood red hair that was shaved at the sides and tied into a tail along the back. Ruddy scruff littered his jaw -- it seemed he hadn't shaved in a few days. "Uh -- it ain't Aya -- S'me, Berrod." 

The emphasis he placed on his first name was most blatant, and served as an unintentional introduction toward the other male nearby.

P'azih couldn't help but chuckle as the Highlander, named Berrod it would seem looked like he'd been caught red handed doing... something.

"I think she caught you, Berrod." he said taking a quick drink before continuing. "I can only assume you know the lady on first name basis... you should probably go over. Anyone drunk enough to think you the barmaid is far too drunk." he chuckled, tapping his side lightly.

"P'azih. Tia, naturally."

Coatleque shook her head for a moment. "Maester Ar̃mstrong? I hadn't r̃ealized ye work her̃e now!" Her gazed moved on to the other man as well. "An I'm nae dr̃unk!", she said with a nod.

She leaned forward and poured another shot from the bottle. She had purchased it for the man on that previous night, but he hadn't even open it before his... accident. "It's nae what it looks like!" She leaned back in the chair once more.

Berrod opened his mouth to speak, but Crofte's accent was enough of a kick to his face for him to audibly snap it shut again. His bright greens narrowed into a bewildered squint, but with gorm-like efficiency the matter was quickly discarded. Of greater relevance was the fact that she had addressed him using a title -again-, like if he was some armored Prancer with holy feathers up his arse.

"Jus' Berrod, yea," he corrected gently, "An' good ta meet ya, fella. Uh-- I don't think year drunk." It was a lie, but so what, he lied to women all the time. Again he adjusted the bundle, doing his best to compress it as much as possible. 

"You uh, you wantin' any company over there? Me an' this guy can come an' siddown. It's a waste ta drink alone."

P'azih cast a glance up at Berrod, not entirely sure how to proceed. His drink paused at his lips, considering his options as he tilted the fluid back into his maw.

Placing the mug aside, her looked to the quite clearly intoxicated female, who was speaking heavily in tongues compared to the first time he heard her voice.

"Ah, of course you aren't. My mistake!" he said brightly. "Though I must say, a lady such as yourself drinking alone is sore on the eyes." he said with a smile... he was certain she couldn't actually make out a smile in her state but continued on anyway.

He cast another quick glance up at the towering Highlander. "You know..." he started, stilling looking to Berrod then turning to face the totally-not-drunk female at the table. "No one should drink alone... perhaps we could... join you?" he said mirroring Berrod's response.

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Unnamed Mercenary - 09-10-2014

Franz entered the Quicksand from the direction of the markets, holding a large bag of what could only have been supplies for a meal later. The glutton of a Garlean of course, had purchased some sweets as well, knowing full well they'd probably be eaten by the others in the house before he ever had a chance. Nevertheless, maybe this would be the week?

He glanced over the pub looking for a table to sit at and order a drink and some lunch for himself, noticing Coatleque at a table, with P'azih and some Highlander he'd seen at the Grindstone on a few occasions. 

Walking over, he set the bag down underneath the table and tried to make eye contact with the paladin. "Miss Crofte, isn't that a little strong?"

Just the air around the bottle would have been enough to get a lalafell drunk.

"Is everything alright?" He gave the other two a look that would have clearly said "someone needs to keep on eye on her"

The Knight leaned forward again and downed another shot. She shook her head briefly while muttering something to herself about drinking alone. This was no place to cause a scene, however, so she relented.

"Och, fine. T'ere's plenty o' room it would seem." She moved to rub her forehead but had seemingly forgotten she was still in uniform. Her head and hand both recoiled at the cold touch and she blinked for a moment at her gauntlet before sighing.

Looking back towards the bottle on the table, she pushed it towards the center for all to reach. "Am doan with this. Have at it if ye like cinnamon." With that she leaned back once more with a huff and crossed her arms and legs.

Berrod hated cinnamon. The mere mention of it caused an automatic scowl, and the look from the other highlander served only to compound it. "These other guys'll take care o'it-- I got m'hands full so I'll jus' sit around a bit."

With that said, he compressed the comforters to his chest and shuffled closer to sit quite without invitation.